Author Topic: Doping Scandal: Zim, Peyton Manning, Ryan Howard, Others: Report  (Read 23583 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
@jonmorosi  2m2 minutes ago
#MLB is aware of @ajam report on sports doping, and league spokesman says, “We intend to conduct a thorough investigation.”

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Burden is on him to prove the statement is a lie (good luck) and truth is a defense (i.e. deposition under oath and lawyers pouring through his medical records and possibly finances)

That's what I meant by "proving a defamation case is hard." I wasn't sick the day they taught law in law school.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Interesting how the three positive qualities attributed to Zimmerman in the Nats statement "contributing to his team, to his community, and to the game of baseball" match up with the three required in his contract: "good citizenship and good sportsmanship or to keep himself in first-class physical condition". In other words, Ryan is in good standing with the team and is expected to remain in good standing with the team, while at the same time strongly implying that if the allegations turn out to have merit then he would be considered to be out of compliance.

Online Natsinpwc

I wonder about journalistic standards nowadays.  If they had only one source that is bad enough but if that one source seems flaky and is recanting I don't see how they can go forward.  Does;t mean it's not all true but sounds like they are premature.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
The name of the game is to be first and hope that by the time the lawsuits start more cockroaches come out of the woodwork to support the insane claims.

Online HalfSmokes

I wonder about journalistic standards nowadays.  If they had only one source that is bad enough but if that one source seems flaky and is recanting I don't see how they can go forward.  Does;t mean it's not all true but sounds like they are premature.

I wonder if the full story will be better sourced

Offline Mattionals

The name of the game is to be first and hope that by the time the lawsuits start more cockroaches come out of the woodwork to support the insane claims.

Spot on.

Offline Mr Clean

So in the video the guy says he has known Zim for six years. That would seem like something that can be debunked or even proven to be true.

Offline whytev

So in the video the guy says he has known Zim for six years. That would seem like something that can be debunked or even proven to be true.

With my phone, there are plenty of people I can prove I have known six years. Just depends how bad you're trying to hide it.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Nice to see the team back Zimmerman. Fingers crossed that he's clean. 

Offline raleighnat

I would be devastated if Zimm is dirty.  Will take more than this to convince me though.  But you never know.  And another positive story for the team...geez what a run of bad mojo.

Offline houston-nat

Agreed. This story seems like a fake.

This is why good journalists require multiple sources and some sort of evidence. (Watch the new movie Spotlight.)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Many refused to believe Gio Gonzalez was juicing and probably many more will refuse to believe Zimmerman has juiced. :lmao:

Offline Mattionals

Many refused to believe Gio Gonzalez was juicing and probably many more will refuse to believe Zimmerman has juiced. :lmao:

There was way more evidence that Gio used than this report. I figure most players have used some sort of PED at some point, and I'm not shocked, but this story is really thin at this point. Even when MLB decided to go after Biogeneses, there was much more than speculation.

Offline Osgood

Ryan Howard? How about Taylor freaking Teagarden?
There goes his HOF votes ... Teagarden, not Howard.

Offline Osgood

I don't understand how Al Jazeera is first on this so-called story.  I understand they have an investigative division, but I would think some US based media outlet would have been all over it ... unless they didn't think it was legit or some other nefarious reason.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I don't understand how Al Jazeera is first on this so-called story.  I understand they have an investigative division, but I would think some US based media outlet would have been all over it ... unless they didn't think it was legit or some other nefarious reason.

I think they started out investigating doping in the international stage and their investigation led them to this clinic that U.S. athletes allegedly frequented.  I am surprised more American journalists don't investigate doping more because I've got a hunch they'd find a ton of athletes and it wouldn't be that hard to uncover who was doing what, the ones they've caught haven't been that bright about it it seems.

Offline Osgood

I think they started out investigating doping in the international stage and their investigation led them to this clinic that U.S. athletes allegedly frequented.  I am surprised more American journalists don't investigate doping more because I've got a hunch they'd find a ton of athletes and it wouldn't be that hard to uncover who was doing what, the ones they've caught haven't been that bright about it it seems.

Thanks for the info.   :thumbs:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Thanks for the info.   :thumbs:

De nada ;)
I watched the documentary while I was at the airport tonight, it's a lot more damning than I thought it'd be.  Zimm was only a tiny portion of it but the Packers may be a bit nervous tonight.

Offline whytev

De nada ;)
I watched the documentary while I was at the airport tonight, it's a lot more damning than I thought it'd be.  Zimm was only a tiny portion of it but the Packers may be a bit nervous tonight.

Is it up online anywhere yet?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Is it up online anywhere yet?

Youtube

Let us know what you think if you watch it.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
De nada ;)

Clay Matthews weighs 300lbs right now and it's all muscle. When you look at his combine weight and even his weight two season ago there's something amiss.