Author Topic: Doping Scandal: Zim, Peyton Manning, Ryan Howard, Others: Report  (Read 23241 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Feisty is a good disposition :mg:

I was doin' so much better over the last few years.    Then, I go see "The Big Short".    I had a relapse.     :P

Offline Ray D

Has anyone here both read the book and seen the movie?  I've been wanting to read the book, but generally I will not read a book if I have already seen the movie. Is the book good enough to put off seeing the movie?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Why would they sue someone who's recanted?  Winning that would prove nothing.  It has nothing to do with pharmacists or prescriptions.

Some people really are innocent, you know.

Why did they sue Liam Collins, the guy used by the network in the set up? They sued him even though there is zero chance of success, he might even have a case that they are harassing him via this lawsuit. They need to prove malice against Zimmerman in order to make their case that Collins defamed Zimmerman, but Collins wasn't the one who brought up Ryan's name, and Collins had no control in whether the network aired the report following Sly's reversal. It appears to be a totally malicious lawsuit on the part of Zimmerman and his attorneys (not that #11 doesn't have a damn good reason to be pissed at the guy).

Of the two it might make more sense to sue Sly, considering that he was the one who used Zimmerman's name, but Sly is denying everything, the last thing they want to do is encourage him to flip and cooperate with MLB.

One possible miscalculation on Zimmerman's part is that he is challenging the media as a whole, not just Al Jeezera, in the unlikely case if he were to win there would be a precedent set that targets of investigative journalism have significant recourse. No chance 60 Minutes or any news organization wants to see that happen. Already the New York Times has started digging around, probably they're not the only ones.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Yea it's not nearly as racy as the title makes it sound.

Yeah, we save the best stuff for the mods board.  Spider's outtakes are worth the price alone.

But I think my favorite part is where we argue about prospective moderators ("he's too big a wussy to be a good moderator") then they get elected and get to read the arguments for and agin 'em.   :hysterical:

Offline whytev

Yeah, we save the best stuff for the mods board.  Spider's outtakes are worth the price alone.

But I think my favorite part is where we argue about prospective moderators ("he's too big a wussy to be a good moderator") then they get elected and get to read the arguments for and agin 'em.   :hysterical:

I half expected that in the uncensored section.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Considering that NE cheats in every way possible I'm sure Brady is on the best meds money can buy.

Good point about the head size, just like Ripken had that giant balloon head for his last few seasons approaching the record. With height and weight there should be a head size measurement provided annually so that we can spot abnormal ballooning.

Online zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Considering that NE cheats in every way possible I'm sure Brady is on the best meds money can buy.

Good point about the head size, just like Ripken had that giant balloon head for his last few seasons approaching the record. With height and weight there should be a head size measurement provided annually so that we can spot abnormal ballooning.

I'm hopping back on the patriots bandwagon now that the skins are out

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I'm hopping back on the patriots bandwagon now that the skins are out
Trade Sebastien Voelmer, Alan Branch, and Leonard Johnson for Darrell Revis and Eric Dekker.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Al Jazeera is suddenly the least of Zimmm's worries:

Major League Baseball has asked the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to help its investigation into whether several players named in an Al Jazeera documentary received banned drugs.

The two groups have shared information before but have never cooperated to such a formal extent.

"We've had discussions with USADA and are hopeful that together we can make progress in this investigation," said Dan Halem, MLB's chief legal officer, who oversees baseball's drug program.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14652385/mlb-asks-us-anti-doping-agency-help-investigate-al-jazeera-claims

Online Mattionals

Al Jazeera is suddenly the least of Zimmm's worries:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14652385/mlb-asks-us-anti-doping-agency-help-investigate-al-jazeera-claims

It still comes down to undeniable proof of either purchasing, using, or possession.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
watch out for Travis Tygart. 

Looks like a mellow guy, Zimmm should invite him over to hang out on his boat, have some drinks, some lobster, share a couple girls, and discuss a few good bets that he could make on ballgames.

Online HalfSmokes

So an ngo with no subpoena power is going after him? I'm sure the mlbpa is terrified

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
So funny how no one cares Manning is a doper because he's not a Patriot :roll:

http://deadspin.com/private-eyes-spook-parents-of-manning-hgh-accuser-in-91-1757224765

Offline mitlen

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Hope that came out.  I put a link inside [img][ /img], without the space.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Long day for ya skippy?

:-[  Fine, I was in a pissy mood because I should've been in Boston watching Bruce Springsteen and I wasn't  >:(

Offline mitlen

:-[  Fine, I was in a pissy mood because I should've been in Boston watching Bruce Springsteen and I wasn't  >:(

"So let the sunshine in, face it with a grin.
Smilers never lose and frowners never win.
So let the sunshine in, face it with a grin.
Open up your heart and let the sunshine in."

:)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
"So let the sunshine in, face it with a grin.
Smilers never lose and frowners never win.
So let the sunshine in, face it with a grin.
Open up your heart and let the sunshine in."

:)

:lmao:  I haven't heard that song in forever hahahaha, thanks for the blast from the past! :thumbs:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
In the Zimmerman and Howard lawsuit it has come out that Peyton Manning has confirmed that the reports concerning his use were true.

bombshell court papers unsealed in a defamation lawsuit against Al Jazeera America, the defunct cable news network says football legend Peyton Manning "confirmed" much of the doping allegations made against him by its primary source.

So Charlie Sly was telling the truth about Manning. Did he lie about Zimmerman? Remember that RZ and Sly had a business partner in common down in Florida.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/al-jazeera-says-peyton-manning-was-source-confirming-claims-sports-doping-film-1116340

Offline dracnal

In the Zimmerman and Howard lawsuit it has come out that Peyton Manning has confirmed that the reports concerning his use were true.

So Charlie Sly was telling the truth about Manning. Did he lie about Zimmerman? Remember that RZ and Sly had a business partner in common down in Florida.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/al-jazeera-says-peyton-manning-was-source-confirming-claims-sports-doping-film-1116340

From that article:

UPDATE 6/1 09:19 pm: Here's a statement from the Mannings' spokesperson:

"Al Jazeera’s self-serving claim that Peyton Manning’s attorneys 'confirmed' Al Jazeera’s allegations about Peyton Manning is absolutely false. In fact, information was provided to Al Jazeera that confirmed the Al Jazeera allegations about Peyton Manning were unfounded. In addition, the sole source for Al Jazeera’s allegations has publicly recanted them. Moreover, the NFL conducted an extensive investigation of the claims raised in Al Jazeera’s programs and found no evidence to support them. This is a desperate move by Al Jazeera to distract the courts from its own wrongdoing."

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
From that article:

UPDATE 6/1 09:19 pm: Here's a statement from the Mannings' spokesperson:

"Al Jazeera’s self-serving claim that Peyton Manning’s attorneys 'confirmed' Al Jazeera’s allegations about Peyton Manning is absolutely false. In fact, information was provided to Al Jazeera that confirmed the Al Jazeera allegations about Peyton Manning were unfounded. In addition, the sole source for Al Jazeera’s allegations has publicly recanted them. Moreover, the NFL conducted an extensive investigation of the claims raised in Al Jazeera’s programs and found no evidence to support them. This is a desperate move by Al Jazeera to distract the courts from its own wrongdoing."

Well who reads past the first couple paragraphs?