Author Topic: The ZDK Trade Proposal Extravaganza Thread To End All Threads #OhYeah  (Read 41151 times)

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats

Nope.  Sorry.  Can't trade Harper

His value will never be higher

Offline Mr Clean

Nope.  Sorry.  Can't trade Harper
You're right.

Trade the Nats entire 40 man roster -Harper+Giolito and Robles to the Cubs for their entire 40 man roster.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
You're right.

Trade the Nats entire 40 man roster -Harper+Giolito and Robles to the Cubs for their entire 40 man roster.

You know, I just don't think Theo would do it.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
You're right.

I like the way you think

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

You know, I just don't think Theo would do it.

Theo would want Harper

Offline HalfSmokes

Still a bad deal for the cubs

Offline Mattionals

Reds get -> Robles, Storen, Difo (-8.8 Million)
Nats get -> Chapman (+12.9 Million)

White Sox get -> Escobar (-7 Million)
Nats get -> Nate Jones (+900 Thousand)

Cubs get -> Papelbon +8 Million (-3 Million)
Nats get -> Tommy La Stella (+500 Thousand)

Nats sign OF Gerardo Parra (3 yrs, 27 Million, 9 Million AAV)
Nats sign RP Darren O'Day (4 years, 32 Million, 8 Million AAV)

That drops OD payroll to about 144 Million. I assumed that all the non-arb players are getting 600K which is high, but I figured I'd overshoot on error with how some players could be making more than 600K and most under. I'm guessing my number is high by a half Million or so.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Cubs get -> Papelbon +8 Million (-3 Million)
Nats get -> Tommy La Stella (+500 Thousand)

Nats sign OF Gerardo Parra (3 yrs, 27 Million, 9 Million AAV)

That drops OD payroll to about 144 Million. I assumed that all the non-arb players are getting 600K which is high, but I figured I'd overshoot on error with how some players could be making more than 600K and most under. I'm guessing my number is high by a half Million or so.

I don't understand the attraction to Parra.  Don't we have something similar on the bench in Robinson?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
I don't understand the attraction to Parra.  Don't we have something similar on the bench in Robinson?

I could explain why he makes sense from a roster construction perspective, but to make it simpler, he's an ex-Diamondback.

Offline Mattionals

He gives a few ways to play 2016. Ultimately he sees lots of time either as the starting CF with Taylor in AAA, or he shuffles with Werthwhen he needs time off and comes in as a defensive replacement. I know we have MdD to do that as well, but I think it's another quality left handed bat that cqan actually play the OF unlike Robinson who is Zimm insurance.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
He gives a few ways to play 2016. Ultimately he sees lots of time either as the starting CF with Taylor in AAA, or he shuffles with Werthwhen he needs time off and comes in as a defensive replacement. I know we have MdD to do that as well, but I think it's another quality left handed bat that cqan actually play the OF unlike Robinson who is Zimm insurance.

I hear ya, but I think Rizzo is thinking like I am...that's a lot of jack for what is essentially a 4th outfielder.  I think he'd try to re-sign Span before he went after Parra, assuming Span isn't broken...

Offline Mattionals

I hear ya, but I think Rizzo is thinking like I am...that's a lot of jack for what is essentially a 4th outfielder.  I think he'd try to re-sign Span before he went after Parra, assuming Span isn't broken...

I think Span will get more. MLBTR has him netting a 3 year 39 Million contract. I don't think the difference between Parra and Span is worth 4 more million a year. Heck, they have Asdrubal Cabrera going to the White Sox for 2 years 18 Million. It seems FA contracts are trending severely upward. Inflation must be pretty high, lol!

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Den dekker will likely be as good, more content with a bench role, and under cheap control for more years

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Parra can play the outfield

Offline Mattionals

Here is a scenario without Parra, and with Zobrist:

Astros get -> Papelbon +8 Million (-3 Million)
Nats get -> Reymin Guduan (MiLB prospect, no impact to MLB roster)

Nats sign IF/OF Ben Zobrist (3 yrs, 51 Million, 17 Million AAV)

That brings OD payroll to 151 Million or thereabouts.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
There is no way Houston brings in a toxic guy like Papelbon.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Shameless plug

Sign Scott Kazmir
Sign either Zack Greinke or David Price
Sign Darren O'Day

Gio, Pap, $5M
FOR
Andrew Miller, Brett Gardner

Rendon, Ross, Giolito, Gardner, Lopez, Escobar, Storen, Stevenson
FOR
Mike Trout, Garrett Richards

Cole, Difo, Taylor
FOR
Aroldis Chapman

Strasburg
FOR
Jose Bautista

Robles, Fedde, Franco, PTBNL
FOR
Dee Gordon

Offline UMDNats

Gio, Pap, $5M
FOR
Andrew Miller, Brett Gardner

Why, exactly, would the Yankees do this? That is a horrendous trade. The Yankees want young, cost-controlled guys, not turds. Especially if they're giving up 2 cheap productive players.

Would love to hear your reasoning. Papelbon also goes against their entire organizational philosophy.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Why, exactly, would the Yankees do this? That is a horrendous trade. The Yankees want young, cost-controlled guys, not turds. Especially if they're giving up 2 cheap productive players.

Would love to hear your reasoning. Papelbon also goes against their entire organizational philosophy.

Doesn't this ZDK moron have his own crazy trade thread? 

Offline Ray D

Papelbon also goes against their entire organizational philosophy.
Just curious: what element of their philosophy is at play here?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan

Dude, you are talking to a wall here.

There might as well be a Geico ad about ZDK.  "If you're ZDK, you come up with batcrap trade proposals.  It's what ya do."

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Dude, you are talking to a wall here.

There might as well be a Geico ad about ZDK.  "If you're ZDK, you come up with batcrap trade proposals.  It's what ya do."

Conventional trades are the ones that you hear rumors about, and then they don't actually happen

Offline UMDNats

Just curious: what element of their philosophy is at play here?

Makeup.

Offline Ray D

Makeup.
Papelbon is a lowlife scumbag douchebag.  But it's not like the Yankees haven't had those. ARod, for example?