Author Topic: Nationals vs Orioles, Game 1  (Read 24625 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: Nationals vs Orioles, Game 1
« Reply #25: September 21, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
Oh wow I didn't realize the Pope was there tomorrow, I'm sure he's giving an outdoor mass of some sort right? Anybody going?  And any clue the start time of the game?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #26: September 21, 2015, 07:44:02 PM »
Oh wow I didn't realize the Pope was there tomorrow, I'm sure he's giving an outdoor mass of some sort right? Anybody going?  And any clue the start time of the game?

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.  Lots of road closures.  It's going to be rough getting over to the Park this week.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #27: September 21, 2015, 07:44:18 PM »

Pope shows up at the White House Wednesday.   Most of his outdoor "stuff" will be in NE (Shrine) and at the Capitol.     Seven (06) PM game time tomorrow.   Pope'll be bailin' out to Philly on Thursday afternoon.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Pope-Schedule-of-Events-in-DC-328277151.html

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #28: September 21, 2015, 07:52:50 PM »
Looks like not a lot of enthusiasm for Francis' visit :lol: well y'all are lucky, he's not coming anywhere near me and I'd love to go hear him speak :( ok but to more important topics, no starting game time yet?

Offline PC

« Reply #29: September 21, 2015, 08:15:28 PM »
Mark Zuckerman        ✔ @ZuckermanCSN

Game has been postponed. Makeup Thursday at 4:05 p.m.

Offline PC

« Reply #30: September 21, 2015, 08:15:53 PM »
We're screwed.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #31: September 21, 2015, 08:16:02 PM »
Looks like not a lot of enthusiasm for Francis' visit :lol: well y'all are lucky, he's not coming anywhere near me and I'd love to go hear him speak :( ok but to more important topics, no starting game time yet?

I stood outside all morning to see John Paul II.    Waited from before dawn.   Got in the front row.   About 10 minutes before he came by, several busloads of the faithful arrived and the cops put 'em in front of us.    I told the sergeant that it was bull crap.   He just shrugged.    That's what I get for being Zen Presbyterian.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #32: September 21, 2015, 08:20:12 PM »
I stood outside all morning to see John Paul II.    Waited from before dawn.   Got in the front row.   About 10 minutes before he came by, several busloads of the faithful arrived and the cops put 'em in front of us.    I told the sergeant that it was bull crap.   He just shrugged.    That's what I get for being Zen Presbyterian.

Haha si, say three Hail Mary's though and you're absolved :lol:

Bummer about the game :(

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #33: September 21, 2015, 08:20:22 PM »
The cops know a deviant when they see one

Offline mitlen

« Reply #34: September 21, 2015, 08:21:55 PM »
The cops know a deviant when they see one

It was that damned Post Office picture.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #35: September 21, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »
Mark Zuckerman        ✔ @ZuckermanCSN

Game has been postponed. Makeup Thursday at 4:05 p.m.

Pope's leavin' for Andrews at 4.    That ought to be a fun trip downtown.

4 p.m.: The Pope will leave the Nunciature for Joint Base Andrews and his flight to New York City.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #36: September 21, 2015, 08:30:30 PM »

Oh, he'd be great to hear speak. He's going to rip congress a new one over their inaction around global warming.   :lol:     :stir:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #37: September 21, 2015, 08:33:12 PM »
Oh, he'd be great to hear speak. He's going to rip congress a new one over their inaction around global warming.   :lol:     :stir:

Pehaps he'll speak of the several Syrian families the Vatican will house as well.

Offline PC

« Reply #38: September 21, 2015, 08:35:22 PM »
Pope's leavin' for Andrews at 4.    That ought to be a fun trip downtown.

4 p.m.: The Pope will leave the Nunciature for Joint Base Andrews and his flight to New York City.

I don't know why this game isn't at 7.  Because the Orioles have to travel to Boston for a game the next day?

I have another scheduling gripe that I'll be expanding upon in my "Let's look at the schedule" thread, fyi.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #39: September 21, 2015, 08:35:24 PM »
Somehow I read this as ballin' out in Philly... :lmao:

Pope shows up at the White House Wednesday.   Most of his outdoor "stuff" will be in NE (Shrine) and at the Capitol.     Seven (06) PM game time tomorrow.   Pope'll be bailin' out to Philly on Thursday afternoon.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Pope-Schedule-of-Events-in-DC-328277151.html

Offline mitlen

« Reply #40: September 21, 2015, 08:38:54 PM »
Somehow I read this as ballin' out in Philly... :lmao:

He's a point guard from what I hear.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #41: September 21, 2015, 08:39:07 PM »
David Suzuki meets Che Guevara (meets a coat hanger)

Two out of three ain't bad

Oh now I'm in trouble  :lol:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #42: September 21, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »
I don't know why this game isn't at 7.  Because the Orioles have to travel to Boston for a game the next day?

I have another scheduling gripe that I'll be expanding upon in my "Let's look at the schedule" thread, fyi.

Is the union involved in establishing the time?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #43: September 21, 2015, 08:41:40 PM »
They should just do away with the off day requirements in September. Too many snow days to make up for. 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #44: September 21, 2015, 08:45:17 PM »
Pehaps he'll speak of the several Syrian families the Vatican will house as well.

:clap: although apparently  the Vatican has taken in two refugee families as a symbol of how to help your fellow man or some such, I guess it's a start? :shrug:

Offline PC

« Reply #45: September 21, 2015, 08:46:02 PM »
Rich Dubroff @RichDubroffCSN

#Orioles pitching will stay the same, Jimenez, Tuesday, Tillman, Wednesday and Wilson Thursday. #Nats have Gio Gonzalez on Tues. Rest TBA.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #46: September 21, 2015, 08:46:03 PM »

Good question.  Also, does this count as a "day off?"  If not, the nats will have 23 consecutive games without a day off...another union issue.

Offline PC

« Reply #47: September 21, 2015, 08:46:19 PM »
Rich Dubroff @RichDubroffCSN

#Orioles pitching will stay the same, Jimenez, Tuesday, Tillman, Wednesday and Wilson Thursday. #Nats have Gio Gonzalez on Tues. Rest TBA.

Thank you, Buck.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #48: September 21, 2015, 08:48:02 PM »
:clap: although apparently  the Vatican has taken in two refugee families as a symbol of how to help your fellow man or some such, I guess it's a start? :shrug:

Perhaps one of the richest "states" on earth per capita.    Supporting two families is probably a real struggle.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #49: September 21, 2015, 08:48:49 PM »
Perhaps one of the richest "states" on earth per capita.    Two are probably a real struggle.

Maybe those were the only two that passed the Papal background check...

Saw a 60 minutes piece about a monestary that was overrun by ISIS and 2,000 year old documents being destroyed.  Pretty sad, coupled with the human tragedy...