Author Topic: Problem With WNFF Toolbar  (Read 3372 times)

Offline saltydad

Problem With WNFF Toolbar
« Topic Start: April 27, 2007, 11:25:36 PM »
I had to uninstall the toolbar as IE was freezing all the time. As soon as I did the uninstall, the problem disappeared. But now I don't have our great toolbar :'(
Think this might be corrected sometime soon?
Thanks!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Problem With WNFF Toolbar
« Reply #1: April 27, 2007, 11:27:38 PM »
Ken is the man to ask about that as he did all the work on our great toolbar.  I'll PM him a link to this thread.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #2: April 27, 2007, 11:43:10 PM »
I had to uninstall the toolbar as IE was freezing all the time. As soon as I did the uninstall, the problem disappeared. But now I don't have our great toolbar :'(
Think this might be corrected sometime soon?
Thanks!

Do you know if you were using the most recent version of the Toolbar, and by that I don't mean the automatic updates of any links that appear in the toolbar. The most recent version supposedly fixed several bugs. I never use MSIE, because it's not as good as Firefox, not as safe, and I cant block ads in MSIE, where with the proper extension, in Firefox I can.

Can you tell me when you downloaded and installed the Toolbar? I don't need an exact date, but if oyu can give me an appoximate date, that will tell me whether or not you were running the older version.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #3: April 27, 2007, 11:52:04 PM »
Do you know if you were using the most recent version of the Toolbar, and by that I don't mean the automatic updates of any links that appear in the toolbar. The most recent version supposedly fixed several bugs. I never use MSIE, because it's not as good as Firefox, not as safe, and I cant block ads in MSIE, where with the proper extension, in Firefox I can.

Can you tell me when you downloaded and installed the Toolbar? I don't need an exact date, but if oyu can give me an appoximate date, that will tell me whether or not you were running the older version.

When I registered on the forum (3/29/07).
Thanks, Ken!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #4: April 28, 2007, 12:04:33 AM »
Then it's very likely you were using the older version of the toolbar. Like I said, this current version is supposed to have fixed several bugs. You could try downloading the most recent one at http://wnff.forumtoolbar.com/

If you do, let me know how it acts in comparison to the one you had installed before.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #5: April 28, 2007, 07:16:21 PM »
OK..downloaded and installed today. So far so good. Thanks!  :thumbs:

Offline saltydad

« Reply #6: May 05, 2007, 07:27:13 PM »
Sorry Ken but I had to uninstall the toolbar again....same problem. It worked fine until today when IE 7 froze, and removal solved the problem. Oh well.... :(

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #7: May 06, 2007, 01:08:17 AM »
If you are using IE7 don't blame the toolbar. So tell me, why you are using IE7 when Firefox is a better browser?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #8: May 06, 2007, 01:35:04 AM »
If you are using IE7 don't blame the toolbar. So tell me, why you are using IE7 when Firefox is a better browser?

Google toolbar doesn't support IE7? (it is based on Google toolbar, right?)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #9: May 06, 2007, 01:47:59 AM »
I have IE7 at home and the toolbar works just fine for me.  Must be something on his end.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #10: May 06, 2007, 12:29:27 PM »

What Google toolbar? The only thing about the WNFF toolbar that's Google related is the search option, and that can be changed by the user.

Yesterday, I installed the toolbar on my comp that has IE7 on it and I've tried everything to make it error out, freeze up, lock up, anything, but so far the toolbar is working great. So I'm guessing, that Senators2005 is right, that it must be something else on his computer that's causing the freeze-ups.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #11: May 06, 2007, 12:32:29 PM »
Sorry Ken but I had to uninstall the toolbar again....same problem. It worked fine until today when IE 7 froze, and removal solved the problem. Oh well.... :(

I'm curious, did you install anything else (an IE add-on for example) recently?

Offline saltydad

« Reply #12: May 06, 2007, 08:16:17 PM »
Nothing new...I'm going to reinstall and see if I can pinpoint what's happening at the time of the problem (IF it freezes again).

Offline saltydad

« Reply #13: May 06, 2007, 08:22:44 PM »
and I used Firefox when I had Windows 98SE, but thought I'd try IE again when I got new computer with XP and IE7 came out. So far, this is the only problem I've had with IE7.
Maybe then I'll be able to see what I'm doing to f**k this up :icon_frown:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #14: May 07, 2007, 08:37:35 PM »
LOL good luck in your search... Any bets it turns out to be something that will cause you to ask yourself, "Oh crap, why didn't I think of that before?"

Offline saltydad

« Reply #15: May 08, 2007, 02:08:07 AM »
Probably!