Author Topic: God I hate Curt Schilling  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Dave B

God I hate Curt Schilling
« Topic Start: April 27, 2007, 02:39:24 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2851147

I only got halfway through this, because the article is just a series of sentences introducing quotes from Schillings blog.

Curt, I'm pretty sure you are not upset about this. After all it gives you a reason to remind us of your heroic performance in that postseason, which I will admit was not at the front of my mind today.

Why is this thing even in the hall of fame? Maybe you should have gotten a better bandage to keep the blood off your sock.  Why is he concerned about the whereabouts of the other one from the ALCS?

This article also reminded me that Curt Schilling can indeed, put his pants on TWO legs at a time.

Putz

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: God I hate Curt Schilling
« Reply #1: April 27, 2007, 03:00:34 PM »
This whole bloody sock thing is just noise started from an Oriole guy.  I don't know why you hate Curt Schilling so much...but everybody acknowledges his monumental contribution in the Red Sox world series title. 

Offline Dave B

« Reply #2: April 27, 2007, 03:15:21 PM »
This whole bloody sock thing is just noise started from an Oriole guy.  I don't know why you hate Curt Schilling so much...but everybody acknowledges his monumental contribution in the Red Sox world series title. 

I acknowledge his contributio as much as the next guy, but Curt Schilling acknowledges is more than anybody else.  It was just some vibe I got from him after it happened.  I remember once he called into the Dan Patrick show and Dan Patrick was like "I dont know why, but Curt Schilling wants to call in, so we will be having him on after the break".  And he called and proceeded to talk about himself and his sock and how he gutted it out.  The guy just loves talking about himself and it irks me.

And again, with this blog posting, with the million dollar bet. It just another way for him to get "Schilling" "blood" and "sock" in the headlines.

That was like the longest goddam blog post too.  Its like he doesnt know that people think he pitched really well with some kind of witch doctor surgery and he needs to validate it.

« Reply #3: April 27, 2007, 03:53:18 PM »
Well this whole fiasco was started by an Orioles play-by-play guy.  That in itself should tell you something.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4: April 27, 2007, 09:01:35 PM »
Well this whole fiasco was started by an Orioles play-by-play guy.  That in itself should tell you something.

I kinda like Gary Thorne.  I dont know about his technical abilities as an announcer, but in terms of excitement and making things sound big time, he was great at doing that on ESPN hockey games.  He was probably their number one guy for hockey. 

nats1derful

« Reply #5: April 28, 2007, 12:34:11 PM »
What I hate is how people react to, misinterpret, and attribute BS to, Curt Schilling.  Curt himself, I've liked ever since he showed up in Philadelphia as a third-rate, punk wannabe relief pitcher with good stuff, got into the rotation via injury to another starter, and has been a pitching stud ever since.  I got to know him and his wife Shonda some when I worked at the Vet.  That was back when they were raising dogs, before they had kids.  Good down to earth, friendly people.  Curt just speaks his mind freely, has opinions about most things, and goes out and does his job.  Because he speaks in more than mono-syllabic statements, sportwriters and commentators love to spin what he says and cynics love to take shots at him.  He kind of reminds me of Brett Hull in hockey, in terms of outspokenness and having many opinions freely shared. 

Speaking of hockey, I think Gary Thorne is a fine hockey commentator, and should stick to hockey.  His recanting of what he thought he heard and why he reported what he reported was one of the lamest statements I have ever watched.  If he's an O's guy, well that speaks volumes in and of itself.