Author Topic: The "Stephen Strasburg is not an Ace" Thread  (Read 18759 times)

Offline PC

Not an ace. He's barely a jack.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Think we know why Scherzer was signed

Offline aspenbubba

Think we know why Scherzer was signed
Probably more Zimmermann

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
This thread was so predictable.

Sure was.  And yet some people refused to acknowledge it.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Not a good pitcher

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
There's something wrong with him.

Overrated bum. Please rizzo trade him.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Sure, sell low.    :roll:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Reminds me of Dan Duquette saying Roger Clemens was "in the twilight of his career" when the Red Sox did not try to re-sign him after 1996.  He won 3 more Cy Youngs after that, a few world series, and made the playoffs in both leagues.  Of course, he was much better than Strasburg up to the point he left his first team and, juiced after he left Boston. 

Offline blue911

Reminds me of Dan Duquette saying Roger Clemens was "in the twilight of his career" when the Red Sox did not try to re-sign him after 1996.  He won 3 more Cy Youngs after that, a few world series, and made the playoffs in both leagues.  Of course, he was much better than Strasburg up to the point he left his first team and, juiced after he left Boston.

:hysterical:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
A reminder to the bashers, from July 1 onward last year he posted a 2.61 ERA with 119Ks and 20 BBs in 110 innings, opponents hit .220 off of him.  That's ace material.

I agree with tomterp - Something is quite wrong this season.  I wonder if they give him a 15 day DL stint just to rest and refocus.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

:hysterical:
you know, I almost added that I think Clemens probably started in Boston, too.  Legendary workouts and obvious weight gain. That was a dirty clubhouse.  I forget, but I think Canseco was there.  The Mitchell Report mentions several guys from the late 90s.  Paxton Crawford either was on that team or was in the system and he juiced. I'm guessing Manny Alexander was later, post-orioles.  Of course, there always was suspicion about Nomar, and Mo Vaughn was named for his time while with the Mets, but those guys and Clemens did not turn up in the Mitchell Report for their time with Boston because more or less McNamee wasn't involved with them at the time.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!

It's starting to remind me of Zimmerman's throwing issues.  It's all in his head and he might not ever figure it out.

Online HalfSmokes

not just him, Zimmermann hasn't looked right this season, and fister and gio are both putting of worse numbers than last year (granted in their cases only slightly worse)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Here comes the mysterious injuries and visits to gurus, chiropractors, New Mexico new age centres, and vision quests.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Here comes the mysterious injuries and visits to gurus, chiropractors, New Mexico new age centres, and vision quests.

Peyote and/or sweat lodges.    :)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
A weekend stint with Gio's father's medical staff should round him into Cy Young contention form.

Offline imref

A weekend stint with Gio's father's medical staff should round him into Cy Young contention form.

post of year candidate

Offline imref

not just him, Zimmermann hasn't looked right this season, and fister and gio are both putting of worse numbers than last year (granted in their cases only slightly worse)

Fister seems to have righted the ship, and Gio is fine.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Tanner Time.

...and a 15 day DL might help. Diamondbacks announcers said that he now looks more like a thrower than a pitcher.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Strasburg, Desmond and Cole to Colorado for Tulo.

:stir:

Offline Optics

Something is wrong with him. It's one thing to be off a little but he's god awful right now.

Just DL him and start Roark in his place.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Bring me back green chiles!!!!!!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Bring me back green chiles!!!!!!
they come out great from hi-end blenders.