Author Topic: The Bryce Harper Compendium (2015)  (Read 116056 times)

Offline PC

Re: The Bryce Harper Compendium (2015)
« Reply #50: January 12, 2015, 02:27:54 PM »
He needs to issue a news release of some kind saying the wedding off/postponed, now, so it's old news by the time spring training starts.   If not, the media will be circling him like vultures.  He'll have to talk about it or talk about not talking about it.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #51: January 12, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »
He needs to issue a news release of some kind saying the wedding off/postponed, now, so it's old news by the time spring training starts.   If not, the media will be circling him like vultures.  He'll have to talk about it or talk about not talking about it.

How about no?  It's his personal life so he has the right to keep it personal.

Offline PC

« Reply #52: January 12, 2015, 02:38:25 PM »
Um no.  His wedding was being highlighted in the media by him/his people/his twitter account.  No one had to know he was getting married but everyone did.  It's just easier for him to address it, I think.  For goodness sake, he's 22.  It's very easy to say "I'm not getting married."  at that age.  Hell, it should be the default position.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #53: January 12, 2015, 02:40:56 PM »
How about no?  It's his personal life so he has the right to keep it personal.
He is a public figure, and by choice.  His personal life extends only so far. We don't need details of his sex life, but getting married/not getting married - if he thinks he can keep details like that private I think he's kidding himself.

Offline Clever

« Reply #54: January 12, 2015, 02:41:46 PM »
Why does everybody gotta be up in my man Bryce's business? Just let the kid play ball, quit harping on him.

Offline PC

« Reply #55: January 12, 2015, 02:44:32 PM »
He is a public figure, and by choice.  His personal life extends only so far. We don't need details of his sex life, but getting married/not getting married - if he thinks he can keep details like that private I think he's kidding himself.

Though if we knew about his sex life, we'd be much less interested in his marital situation.   ;)

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #56: January 12, 2015, 02:45:07 PM »
Why does everybody gotta be up in my man Bryce's business? Just let the kid play ball, quit harping on him.

pretty much this- if he hits 35 home runs, I don't care if he dates a new stripper every week

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #57: January 12, 2015, 02:46:11 PM »
Y'all are sounding like BH34Natural.

Offline WhiteWhale

« Reply #58: January 12, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
If he is dating a new stripper per week and hits 35 bombs we should find a way to get him a second stripper each week.

Tiger was much better when on skank

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #59: January 12, 2015, 02:53:22 PM »
He is a public figure, and by choice.

And not just a choice like "he plays professional baseball" but a choice like "I'm posting pictures of myself and my fiancee on Twitter, down to what suits are being worn, etc etc etc."

I think there are many many baseball players whose private lives remain private, including many of the best players of all time. Does Ryan Zimmerman have kids? I have no idea. But I guarantee that with Bryce, YOU'D KNOW.

It's the same kind of real choice he makes when he wears PEDs shirts, or things like that. If you're drawing attention to yourself in the media, you can't cry "private life" when things like this happen. If you conduct yourself privately, I think you have that right, and furthermore I think that right is largely respected by reporters.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #60: January 12, 2015, 02:57:33 PM »
And not just a choice like "he plays professional baseball" but a choice like "I'm posting pictures of myself and my fiancee on Twitter, down to what suits are being worn, etc etc etc."

I think there are many many baseball players whose private lives remain private, including many of the best players of all time. Does Ryan Zimmerman have kids? I have no idea. But I guarantee that with Bryce, YOU'D KNOW.

It's the same kind of real choice he makes when he wears PEDs shirts, or things like that. If you're drawing attention to yourself in the media, you can't cry "private life" when things like this happen. If you conduct yourself privately, I think you have that right, and furthermore I think that right is largely respected by reporters.

I agree with all this, it's really what I was trying to say and you said it better than I did.

Offline PC

« Reply #61: January 12, 2015, 02:59:53 PM »

Yes, Ryan has a daughter. 

If you remember, there were a number of Nationals getting married in the same offseason.  One of them mentioned was Craig Stammen and honestly, I don't know if he actually got married because he never mentions her while the other players who got married that year have.  We heard about the weddings or, in some cases, seen wedding pitchers.

Offline WhiteWhale

« Reply #62: January 12, 2015, 03:04:14 PM »
Stammen and Moore are both married to WPA, she is doing the reverse polygamy thing.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #63: January 12, 2015, 03:10:28 PM »
Stammen and Moore are both married to WPA, she is doing the reverse polygamy thing.

I thought she was loyal to Moore, I don't recall her drooling over Stammen.

Offline WhiteWhale

« Reply #64: January 12, 2015, 03:15:23 PM »
I thought she was loyal to Moore, I don't recall her drooling over Stammen.

I KNOW she is gaga over Moore, thought it was Stammen too. I can't keep the crushes of the ladies on here straight...I just think it's great that they get to have their fun too...

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #65: January 12, 2015, 03:52:37 PM »
This thread is getting really weird.

Offline WhiteWhale

« Reply #66: January 12, 2015, 03:56:28 PM »
...like a creepy Sun in a trench coat weird...

Offline blue911

« Reply #67: January 12, 2015, 03:58:32 PM »
If you aren't gaga over Stammen then you're gay.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #68: January 12, 2015, 04:13:16 PM »
Blue - you're beginning to show your true self here

If you aren't gaga over Stammen then you're gay.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #69: January 12, 2015, 04:38:07 PM »
:clap:
...like a creepy Sun in a trench coat weird...

Offline whytev

« Reply #70: January 12, 2015, 04:40:43 PM »
Yes, Ryan has a daughter. 

If you remember, there were a number of Nationals getting married in the same offseason.  One of them mentioned was Craig Stammen and honestly, I don't know if he actually got married because he never mentions her while the other players who got married that year have.  We heard about the weddings or, in some cases, seen wedding pitchers.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #71: January 12, 2015, 04:45:31 PM »
I agree with all this, it's really what I was trying to say and you said it better than I did.

Maybe he's taken the earlier suggestions that he not share quite so much of his personal life on social media, just because he USED to do it, doesn't mean he HAS TO CONTINUE doing it.  I haven't heard him discussing his favorite sports teams in a while either, nor has he been blowing kisses to moron single A pitchers any more.

As far as the media circling like vultures?  I don't follow the society pages anyway and baseball writers tend not to follow this nonsense unless it affects his play on the field.

Offline Optics

« Reply #72: January 12, 2015, 06:33:08 PM »
Long as he hits I couldn't care less what he does in his social life as long as he's not committing felonies, and even then I could learn to look the other way.....

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #73: January 12, 2015, 06:36:04 PM »
He's freaked. It'll bother him all season. No focus, no mental toughness. He's gonna get hurt and then will continue to be a what if, if only, just wait guy

Offline Optics

« Reply #74: January 12, 2015, 06:38:41 PM »
He's freaked. It'll bother him all season. No focus, no mental toughness. He's gonna get hurt and then will continue to be a what if, if only, just wait guy

Or he'll pull a Rory McElroy and now that he's freed from the chains of a woman, he unleashes the beast.

I'm glad my wife doesn't read this forum.