Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Victor Robles, OF  (Read 48348 times)

Offline rileyn

Re: Follow the Prospects: Victor Robles, OF
« Reply #200: August 09, 2017, 08:53:39 AM »
I don't think Goodwin is in the long term plans.  He is going to be used as a part of a trade package someday (this offseason?).  MAT still has much to prove also.  Assuming Bryce leaves after 2018, I'm not feeling our OF unless it's Eaton, Robles, Power Bat from somewhere.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #201: August 09, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »
I don't think Goodwin is in the long term plans.  He is going to be used as a part of a trade package someday (this offseason?).  MAT still has much to prove also.  Assuming Bryce leaves after 2018, I'm not feeling our OF unless it's Eaton, Robles, Power Bat from somewhere.
Robles still has much to prove.  He's been in AA for less than a month.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #202: August 09, 2017, 10:51:27 AM »
we all know this OF is Goodwin/Robles/Eaton in 2019.

god help us then

Offline whytev

« Reply #203: August 09, 2017, 11:41:45 AM »

Goodwin is the best 4th OF we have ever had. He shouldn't start, but he's a great Sunday player/pinch hitter/defensive replacement/injury fill in.

Offline monkeyhit

« Reply #204: August 09, 2017, 12:07:14 PM »

Robles/Eaton/Juan Soto with Stevenson as 4th. Goodwin and MAT traded for pitching.

Harper elsewherehebelongs.

Offline whytev

« Reply #205: August 09, 2017, 12:38:08 PM »
Robles/Eaton/Juan Soto with Stevenson as 4th. Goodwin and MAT traded for pitching.

Harper elsewherehebelongs.

That's well and good for 2019, but I feel like Taylor and Goodwin are needed to get through 2018.

Offline monkeyhit

« Reply #206: August 09, 2017, 03:27:59 PM »
That's well and good for 2019, but I feel like Taylor and Goodwin are needed to get through 2018.

Well, we still have Harper and Eaton, perhaps Kendrick and Lind. Stevenson may prove to be as capable as Tay/win. We seem to have lots of outfield prospects because Rizzo didn't trade Soto or Robles. Good/lor are expendable (unless one really steps it up.)

Offline whytev

« Reply #207: August 09, 2017, 03:36:51 PM »
Well, we still have Harper and Eaton, perhaps Kendrick and Lind. Stevenson may prove to be as capable as Tay/win. We seem to have lots of outfield prospects because Rizzo didn't trade Soto or Robles. Good/lor are expendable (unless one really steps it up.)

Stevenson isn't proven yet. Unless we want him to spend 3 years figuring it out like Taylor, he needs to go back down and come up only under emergency or when ready.

Offline monkeyhit

« Reply #208: August 09, 2017, 03:48:01 PM »
Stevenson isn't proven yet. Unless we want him to spend 3 years figuring it out like Taylor, he needs to go back down and come up only under emergency or when ready.

He'll just be back in Sept. anyway; they're grooming him. But it's true, he's proven in the minors but not even close in MLB. I'd keep him up unless they need room on the bench. I hope Taylor starts raking immediately and bumps Goodwin to left field. All's good if everyone performs.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #209: August 13, 2017, 10:23:38 PM »
Stevenson has potential to be a speed and D center fielder but he is only up because we have lost a half dozen out fielders.For now, he is safely behind Taylor and Goodwin in the pecking order. Robles is still the guy as far as prospects.

Offline whytev

« Reply #210: August 14, 2017, 01:28:55 AM »
  He'll just be back in Sept. anyway; they're grooming him. But it's true, he's proven in the minors but not even close in MLB. I'd keep him up unless they need room on the bench. I hope Taylor starts raking immediately and bumps Goodwin to left field. All's good if everyone performs.

Who does that bump to RF?

Offline monkeyhit

« Reply #211: August 14, 2017, 10:44:04 AM »
Who does that bump to RF?

Well, now that Goodwin is hurt...Stevenson. He's doing all right too...saved the game with his glove the other night. We are loaded with outfielders
for the future. Like to see them bring up Zack Collier in Sept. Outfielders and catchers we have aplenty. September should be fun.

Offline Glockypoo

« Reply #212: August 14, 2017, 11:20:30 AM »

Well, now that Goodwin is hurt...Stevenson. He's doing all right too...saved the game with his glove the other night. We are loaded with outfielders
for the future. Like to see them bring up Zack Collier in Sept. Outfielders and catchers we have aplenty. September should be fun.

Neftali Soto deserves some MLB ABs, too. He's had an excellent year.

Is Rayburn done for the year?

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #213: August 21, 2017, 07:18:31 PM »
Victor Robles hit an inside-the-park home run for the Senators today!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #214: August 24, 2017, 11:11:26 AM »
Victor Robles hit an inside-the-park home run for the Senators today!
Didn't even have to slide.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #215: August 24, 2017, 04:13:09 PM »
Man, it sure looks like he rounds the bases in about 14.5 seconds there doesn't it? Hits the ball about 5.5, is across at 20. The fastest guys in the majors can do it in 14 seconds (Buxton and Dee Gordon). Robles is fast.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #216: August 24, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »
Man, it sure looks like he rounds the bases in about 14.5 seconds there doesn't it? Hits the ball about 5.5, is across at 20. The fastest guys in the majors can do it in 14 seconds (Buxton and Dee Gordon). Robles is fast.
Seems like the Nats have a lot of guys like that in the system.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #217: August 24, 2017, 04:23:54 PM »
Seems like the Nats have a lot of guys like that in the system.

I just wish all of them could also OPS .900 in AA as a 20-year old.

Offline AR

« Reply #218: August 29, 2017, 10:23:11 PM »
Is Robles injured again? He left early the previous game and not playing tonight. Another HBP?

Offline AR

« Reply #219: August 29, 2017, 10:32:05 PM »
Just found out he got hit on the knee the previous game. Hope he won't be out for too long.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #221: September 10, 2017, 06:05:03 PM »
And he got hit today:

http://wtop.com/washington-nationals/2017/08/why-im-worried-about-nationals-top-prospect-victor-robles/
Blue911 suggests he's not crowding the plate now.  i have seen him in the minors and now, but those of you who have seen him, is that right?

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #222: September 10, 2017, 07:40:34 PM »
Blue911 suggests he's not crowding the plate now.  i have seen him in the minors and now, but those of you who have seen him, is that right?

He didn't seem to be crowding during that HBP but I wasn't sitting in my usual seats so my perspective might have been off. It seemed like the Phillies pitcher was struggling with control occasionally. There were a couple missed targets high and inside including a scary one to Rendon.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #223: September 10, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »
He’s been hit by 21 pitches this year   :o

Offline whytev

« Reply #224: September 11, 2017, 12:20:23 AM »
He’s been hit by 21 pitches this year   :o

The reason they were comfortable dealing Espinosa.