Poll

Which Max year was better, 2016 or 2017? (reply 865 has some comparitive stats)

2016 - better record, more innings, more Ks
0 (0%)
2017 - better ERA, WHIP, FIP; personal best ERA relative to league; fewer HRs per fly, per IP
10 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: The $210 Million Man - Scherzer Appreciation and Doubts  (Read 76199 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I don't like williams, but expecting six innings out of your supposed ace when you're bullpen is garbage isn't asking to much. If Williams had pulled scherzer, do you really think the results would be different? One of our spectacular pinch hitters would have struck out and the bull pen would have blown it in the sixth instead of Scherzer. This is what happens when the only reliable reliever you have is a one inning closer- the manager has to pick between a bunch of terrible options

See I just don't think this is true-as someone else posted at the time, leaving Scherzer in took the air out of the tires, he just didn't have it and everyone but Williams saw it, it WAS too much to expect him to go another inning.  I feel like our relievers play better with the lead but I may be mindfacting but regardless, Rivero has been mainly good, Treinen has bee much better as of late, then Storen and Pap I mean, I just think that was the better route than throwing a pitcher out there who has shown you for 5 innings he didn't have it :(