Poll

Which Max year was better, 2016 or 2017? (reply 865 has some comparitive stats)

2016 - better record, more innings, more Ks
0 (0%)
2017 - better ERA, WHIP, FIP; personal best ERA relative to league; fewer HRs per fly, per IP
10 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: The $210 Million Man - Scherzer Appreciation and Doubts  (Read 75396 times)

Online HalfSmokes

This is the greatest disappointment I have in management.  Leaders are supposed to put you into situations that allow you to succeed, assuming they know your strengths and weakness.  Mattie is OJT and a rigid student at that.

The consequence of his ineptitude is that we have fans turning on players who are trying as hard as they can.  I will challenge everyone to follow the 14June- 12July sequence and compare to any other month in his previous 2 years.  What we may now be seeing is a dead arm that compares, ironically, to that of Johan Santana.   

I don't like williams, but expecting six innings out of your supposed ace when you're bullpen is garbage isn't asking to much. If Williams had pulled scherzer, do you really think the results would be different? One of our spectacular pinch hitters would have struck out and the bull pen would have blown it in the sixth instead of Scherzer. This is what happens when the only reliable reliever you have is a one inning closer- the manager has to pick between a bunch of terrible options