Poll

Which Max year was better, 2016 or 2017? (reply 865 has some comparitive stats)

2016 - better record, more innings, more Ks
0 (0%)
2017 - better ERA, WHIP, FIP; personal best ERA relative to league; fewer HRs per fly, per IP
10 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: The $210 Million Man - Scherzer Appreciation and Doubts  (Read 75379 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

When you spend $210M you HAVE to get a shutdown pitcher.  A guy who when he's the pitcher you EXPECT to win.  Not a guy who in August is still trying to find his mechanics. It's to the point that when he pitches I really don't have any confidence that we'll win.  Am I the only one here who finds this so pathetically absurd.
Bad time for a slump but how quick everyone forgets he was great the first 4 months of the season and without him we would have been behind the Mets at the end of July.  And further out now. I didn't think it was a smart signing but let's face it the Nats rotation has been a mess all year. Strasburg sucked the first 4 months and/or was injured. (Of course now that he has had a couple of good starts he is back to being our ace according to several geniuses here.). Gio has been up and down. Fister awful. JZ has slipped. Without Max the team would not have been over .500 through July.