Author Topic: Home Improvement Thread  (Read 29372 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Home Improvement Thread
« Reply #50: May 19, 2015, 10:42:14 AM »
YouTube- step by step for almost anything, father in law,and watching tradesmen. If you want tv, this old house, they do things right and explain what they're doing

The first half of "This Old House" can be really interesting (the row house from last season) or crushingly boring (the Lexington house was awful, I'm sure they'll enjoy burning a steak and making Kraft dinner on their $100K chef's kitchen).  The second half is where those guys really shine though.  Once you get past the brutal Maine accent Roger's segments will really help you transform your yard from a blank canvas to an oasis in no time.  Richard (the plumper) has helped me fix tons of issues with simple fixes and Tom Silva (general contractor, lots of woodwork) has fixed so many issues in old house I feel like I should send him a check once a year.  Just a great crew.  Norm Abrams (master carpenter) isn't on the show much but when he is he does carpentry work that will make you cry.  Kevin (the host) is pretty cool and the electrician (dude that looks like the former front man of Remy Zero) has been instrumental in getting me to continue the rewiring of our house.