Author Topic: Home Improvement Thread  (Read 29149 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Home Improvement Thread
« Reply #125: July 18, 2015, 03:23:31 PM »
Update time!!!!!!

Drywall time. Since I figured that it would house the washing machine and dryer, I elected to use the mold resistant drywall in the new laundry closet. The ceilings of all the closets have it as well, as it's right underneath the HVAC vent. As I was tearing it apart, I noticed condensation, so I figured that the mod resistant stuff would be the best option.

Coat closet next to the new laundry closet. It was right about here that I believe I started pooping dry wall during the workday.

So this is the other side, in the bed room. As you can see, there is still some space left over for a closet. And this bedroom has another closet on the opposite corner of the room that is now about the same width (but much deeper).

Drywall complete, mudding done, paint applied. Even the baseboards are installed. At this point, the only thing left to do was hook up the electrical and connect the dryer vent. My wife put in a coat rack on the left, and that tape on the right is for shelving in the near future.

LOOK WHAT ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!

Gotta say, the last bit of vent work was a colossal nag. The delivery guys were early and they had to take the old washer and dryer first (I was using the old dryer to stand on and get up in to the ceiling). Ended up buying a  step ladder and having my wife help push the last bit of pipe in to the connector. But it's in. And the latest test from the vent shows there is quite a bit of air being pushed out.

Well, that's it for a little while. I might post some pictures of the kitchen when I knock the wall down and it's open.