Author Topic: 2015 injuries aka the Medical Staff Stinks Thread  (Read 101383 times)

Offline blue911

I hope he gets a Toyota commercial

Offline sayhey

Maybe he can use the peg leg on the days Strasburg isn't pitching
I giggled, but then I'm easy.

My team, Mets, have dibs on peg arms from both sides. Send sympathy cards and donations please.

Saw the Nats in Viera a couple of weeks ago. Thought Zim looked lost at first base, which isn't surprising, but he's a ballplayer and will get over that pretty quickly. Quite impressed by Michael Taylor. I think Mets and Marlins are getting better but doubt either can catch the Nats this season. I'd bet on the over.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
OK, so figure McLouth out, decent chance Werth is back.  Creates some interesting options.  Figure Werth and Harper start, but there's room for Carp and Moore as the backup OFs (Werth or Harper can cover CF), Stewart at 3d for Rendon, and Frandsen and Espinosa as the backup IFs.  Werth can slide into Rendon's spot in the order or leadoff while Span is out.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Saw the Nats in Viera a couple of weeks ago. Thought Zim looked lost at first base...

Saw him on March 9th and 11th...don't recall if he played in both games or not, but I reached the same conclusion...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Saw the Nats in Viera a couple of weeks ago. Thought Zim looked lost at first base, which isn't surprising, but he's a ballplayer and will get over that pretty quickly. Quite impressed by Michael Taylor. I think Mets and Marlins are getting better but doubt either can catch the Nats this season. I'd bet on the over.

Nice try, but you aren't going to out-negativejinx the good ol' WNFF.     :lol:

Wait till some of our negative Nancies show up, they'll have the Mets winning it all this year.     

Offline whytev

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY ZIMMERMAN WAS PULLED AFTER 2 INNINGS!

Offline dlayman

SPECULATION elsewhere that he may have done something stretching to reach a throw from Stewart :roll:

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
SPECULATION elsewhere that he may have done something stretching to reach a throw from Stewart :roll:

I've seen Zim play 1st...he does not stretch...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Zuckerman says that Matt Williams said that he "banged himself" on the side making the diving play in the 1st, but could play if he had to. 

Offline blue911

Offline whytev

Zuckerman says that Matt Williams said that he "banged himself" on the side making the diving play in the 1st, but could play if he had to.

So when is the funeral?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
For those of you who follow other teams/baseball in detail:

Are the Nats overly "hurt"?    Are other teams experiencing these injuries at this rate and losing innings?   

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
I think it's all b.s. agitprop to give the tomahawk choppers a false sense of hope.

Offline dlayman

For those of you who follow other teams/baseball in detail:

Are the Nats overly "hurt"?    Are other teams experiencing these injuries at this rate and losing innings?   

I follow two other teams in some detail, the Red Sox and Royals.  Both of them are remarkably injury-free, with a couple exceptions.  There seem to be a lot of injuries in general this spring in baseball, particularly to pitchers though.  I've been a pretty big baseball fan in general for decades - this stretch for the Nats is definitely a bad one. Not the worst I've ever seen, but definitely noteworthy.  I think we're one of only a few teams with no pitching injuries.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Better now than September.

Offline UMDNats

Given our talent level and the division we're in, we should be able to ride a wave of injuries through April and into May. There may be some ugly offensive days though. Luckily we have 5 #1 starters.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I follow two other teams in some detail, the Red Sox and Royals.  Both of them are remarkably injury-free, with a couple exceptions.  There seem to be a lot of injuries in general this spring in baseball, particularly to pitchers though.  I've been a pretty big baseball fan in general for decades - this stretch for the Nats is definitely a bad one. Not the worst I've ever seen, but definitely noteworthy.  I think we're one of only a few teams with no pitching injuries.

Thanks   ...   I know I joke about it a lot but I seriously wonder at times whether the Nats' training regime is functional  ....  or if they have one.   Like you, I've been into baseball a long time and it just seems we have a lot of "minor" issues.     Other than maybe Rendon, it seems a lot of this could be avoided with proper training (weight and stretching).    Lots of pulls and strains  ....   But   ...  glad the pitching staff isn't among the aches and pains (other than SS).

Offline blue911

Rendon sprained MCL eta who knows, he isn't a quick healer.
Span core muscle surgery probably out til June
Escobar strain lat back on team
Storen broken left hamate back on team

Werth recovery from off season surgery eta Mid April (a guess)
McLouth recovery from surgery I haven't a clue. He tried but was shut down due to pain.

Two minor
One major
One pain in the ass better safe
Two rehabs

Nobody lost for the season and Span is the worst case. Not good but it isn't as bad as it feels

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
At this point Wilson Ramos must feel like he's in a Final Destination movie

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
Wagner just reported Zimm isn't concerned at all, but since it's just ST he's gonna take a few days off.  See you around Memorial Day Zimm!

Offline PC

http://natsinsider.com/2015/03/28/zimmerman-expects-to-be-back-in-2-3-days

It would be nice if there was an actual diagnosis of what's wrong rather than "I feel much better today."

Offline NJ Ave

Guys, you have to learn to trust our team doctor, Dr. Rosenpenis.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
See you around Memorial Day Zimm!

I never thought deeznatz could be this optimistic