Author Topic: 2015 injuries aka the Medical Staff Stinks Thread  (Read 100878 times)

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Rizzo brought him to live on a farm where there's plenty of room to run and play.
:lmao:

:clap:

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Rizzo brought him to live on a farm where there's plenty of room to run and play.

Maybe he'll see my dog, Shorty...he went there in 1963...

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
The happy place for puppies that were very sick?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Werth is playing in Potomac tomorrow. Span to viera per Williams.  Jannsen still not throwing.

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
No mention of Rendon in today's Post. I have a bad feeling about this.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Rendon should be back around the 2016 All-Star break.

Offline PC

Online imref

Good news on Rendon

Online HalfSmokes

Good news on Rendon

:clap: they found a donor

Online imref

Werth went 0-2 with a BB and a backwards K tonight at Potomac.  He played 7 innings.

Williams has said he wants Werth to play the weekend in Potomac and then he'll decide whether or  not to activate him.  Werth can return as early as Saturday.

Span did fine in simulated games Tuesday and Wednesday, he's heading to Viera today for more simulated games.  I'd guess he'll be with Potomac at some point late next week.

Offline Optics

The way Taylor is playing, I don't think we miss Span all that much. Although I guess once Span returns, we can shift Taylor over to LF.

We desperately need Werth and Rendon though. They are stabilizing figures in a lineup full of free swinging maniacs.

Offline whytev

The way Taylor is playing, I don't think we miss Span all that much. Although I guess once Span returns, we can shift Taylor over to LF.

We desperately need Werth and Rendon though. They are stabilizing figures in a lineup full of free swinging maniacs.

Werth will be back before Span though.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Werth will be back before Span.  Taylor still has work to do.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Werth went 0-2 with a BB and a backwards K tonight at Potomac.  He played 7 innings.

Williams has said he wants Werth to play the weekend in Potomac and then he'll decide whether or  not to activate him.  Werth can return as early as Saturday.

Span did fine in simulated games Tuesday and Wednesday, he's heading to Viera today for more simulated games.  I'd guess he'll be with Potomac at some point late next week.
Just a guess - Werth DHs in Boston.  I think it is Porcello / Miley / Masterson in that series.  With a bench of Espinosa, Robinson, den Dekker, and Johnson, getting his bat back would be a help.

Offline whytev

Just a guess - Werth DHs in Boston.  I think it is Porcello / Miley / Masterson in that series.  With a bench of Espinosa, Robinson, den Dekker, and Johnson, getting his bat back would be a help.

I predict two DH, one LF.  Uggla DHes when he plays LF, and Espinosa and Escobar both get to start in the IF.

Online RobDibblesGhost

Potomac was postponed tonight so Werth didn't play. He will likely play in the field in Game 1 tomorrow and then DH in the nightcap.

Online HalfSmokes

Zimmermann to the DL watch starting now

Online RobDibblesGhost

Good. Looks like he may be back by the weekend.

That would be amazing if it happens given that everyone was seeming to peg sometime in May for his return.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
http://natsinsider.com/2015/04/15/stammen-on-dl-with-forearm-injury-jordan-recalled/
Stammen was pitching for the fourth time in five days, a heavy workload for any reliever in April but especially one used to making longer appearances with more time off between outings. He has pitched more innings (246 2/3) than any reliever in baseball since 2012 without injury, but he said he has no problem with the way he has been used to begin this season.
So you expect him to say, "Between the GM stripping the bullpen of any other quality arm and the panic monkey manager who does not use common sense about workload, of course my arm was fried."

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I think it was Davey who more or less would not use Stammen in back to back games.  I always thought they kept him as a middle / long guy because he could handle multiple innings but less frequent use.