Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244137 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1725: May 15, 2022, 07:22:42 PM »
Walter’s Sports Bar posted a one star review left by an Astros fan. When they asked for a table the hostess said he could seat them between two trash cans

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdmC9Y7O9Sh/

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #1726: May 15, 2022, 09:03:38 PM »
Walter’s Sports Bar posted a one star review left by an Astros fan. When they asked for a table the hostess said he could seat them between two trash cans

So basically that one star should be an asterisk?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #1727: May 15, 2022, 09:07:35 PM »

That's incredible.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1728: May 16, 2022, 01:23:21 PM »
Well played  :P

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1729: June 16, 2022, 10:43:37 AM »
By the way, I hit the South Mountain Creamery stand last night.  Excellent hard ice cream.  Basic flavors - Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry.  Strawberry was terrific.  Not loaded with pink coloring.  All the color is from the strawberries, which are fine, not big chunks. Good stuff. 

Terpfan76 is onto something.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #1730: July 23, 2022, 12:06:05 PM »
Is the Roaming Rooster any good?  Bought a single ticket just over the right field wall in Section 238 (Row A baby!) for August 2nd.  It looks bomb but I want some testimonials!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1731: July 23, 2022, 12:37:16 PM »
Short answer - yes!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1732: July 23, 2022, 05:23:36 PM »
Is the Roaming Rooster any good?  Bought a single ticket just over the right field wall in Section 238 (Row A baby!) for August 2nd.  It looks bomb but I want some testimonials!
really good to see you. And Hulk Hogan. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1733: August 01, 2022, 07:08:24 PM »
I hit the second level stand with the pulled chicken with mambo sauce sandwiches. Around 223? Really good to, and not fried stuff. If you are low carb,use a fork instead of the bun. Liked it better than Rocklands.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1734: October 02, 2022, 09:09:07 AM »
Did prices go up mid season this year? I bought a hot dog, it was 7.95 plus tax, almost 8.50. Then later I bought a beer and peanuts and they were over $25. I was thinking $15 for the brew and $5 for the nuts so I got a little sticker shock. I lookup up a couple articles about Nats Park prices and they said that dogs were $6 which got me wondering if the team quietly increased prices.

The service remained the same, the servers were nice enough but the technology is freaked. The first stand they didn't have the right equipment to handle payment via the app, which I believe is the Nationals preferred form of payment, so they shifted me over to another stand. Later at the beer stand the taps were barely functional and the server had to bang the reader against the counter trying to get it to work. I was hoping for another free beer (I got one Friday because the guy had to use three taps to pour me one beer) but instead she had me and the line behind me wait until it finally worked.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1735: October 02, 2022, 12:33:15 PM »
Lots of things were down last night.  La Casita was down, and that's a go to for relatively cheap food. As for prices,  that seems high.  It did strike me as high for dogs and tenders, although the tenders I think I got in the FIS club were probably mispriced low.

FWIW, they rearranged the food options in the FIS club mid-season.  I actually got a decent value quarter roast chicken with risotto and asparagus for $16.50 yesterday. Not much different than restaurant prices for that.  You really do have to pay attention to what they charge.  Not to insult anyone, but the Arepas were $14+ while the pupusas were under $10.  Arepas should be more, but the spread was more than it should have been.

Offline imref

« Reply #1736: October 02, 2022, 12:40:11 PM »
After going to Camden for a game this year I’m highly thankful of the Nats order by app system.

Offline machpost

« Reply #1737: October 03, 2022, 09:41:51 AM »
The service remained the same, the servers were nice enough but the technology is freaked. The first stand they didn't have the right equipment to handle payment via the app, which I believe is the Nationals preferred form of payment, so they shifted me over to another stand. Later at the beer stand the taps were barely functional and the server had to bang the reader against the counter trying to get it to work. I was hoping for another free beer (I got one Friday because the guy had to use three taps to pour me one beer) but instead she had me and the line behind me wait until it finally worked.
More than once during this last homestand I can recall some of the beer hawkers around our section announcing that they were unable to take e-cash as payment. And I've lost count as to how many times it was a struggle just to buy a beer from one of them using a debit card. The Nats are pretty terrible at implementing new technology for the most part. Last year they were testing some sort of biometric technology for gate entry, and I'm sure that will be a huge mess if they ever try to roll it out widely.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #1738: October 03, 2022, 11:36:31 AM »
More than once during this last homestand I can recall some of the beer hawkers around our section announcing that they were unable to take e-cash as payment. And I've lost count as to how many times it was a struggle just to buy a beer from one of them using a debit card. The Nats are pretty terrible at implementing new technology for the most part. Last year they were testing some sort of biometric technology for gate entry, and I'm sure that will be a huge mess if they ever try to roll it out widely.

Biometric technology for a ticket is.a priority, while they seem to keep limiting the ability to just print a ticket? How many ways can they come up with to nudge people to opt out of going because of what those from casual fans to regular attendees perceive as hassles? Give those who want it in ability to just use their phone, and give everyone else the ability to print or acquire hard tickets. Problem solved.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1739: October 03, 2022, 12:22:39 PM »
Biometric technology for a ticket is.a priority, while they seem to keep limiting the ability to just print a ticket? How many ways can they come up with to nudge people to opt out of going because of what those from casual fans to regular attendees perceive as hassles? Give those who want it in ability to just use their phone, and give everyone else the ability to print or acquire hard tickets. Problem solved.
The printed tickets don’t take long to scan. No longer than phones for most people. It’s just lack of common sense. They are not the only team though. The Barves have been all electronic for years.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #1740: October 03, 2022, 12:36:38 PM »
The printed tickets don’t take long to scan. No longer than phones for most people. It’s just lack of common sense. They are not the only team though.

Sure, it seems to be in line with trying to control inventory. There needs to be a trade off though if they don’t want to to risk losing casual fans as well as those that just don’t like doing it that way. If that’s the overall priority though, kind of like Ticketmaster leveraging arguably monopolistic practices — complete with service fees that can boggle the mind, that’s the way it’s going to go.

Doesn’t seem to be the smartest thing to do after appeared in time where people were left to find all sorts of ways to entertain themselves other than costly spectator events. Add to that growing economic concerns, and the results should speak for themselves.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1741: October 03, 2022, 12:54:29 PM »
I guess I don’t understand the business advantage of scanning a printed ticket versus scanning your phone. They don’t collect the printed ticket.  Not like the old days when they kept half your hard ticket.

I liked using the ballpark app to order food last time we went.

The economics are crazy. We went to a minor league game in Daytona and spent almost $100. That did include a $30 Daytona Tortugas T-shirt but still not soemthing I want to do more than a couple times per year.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1742: October 03, 2022, 12:57:32 PM »
I'm fine with using my phone as long as I can text people images instead of transferring them via the app. The new security scanners are 1000x quicker, they probably give people cancer and store naked images but they are efficient.

Offline machpost

« Reply #1743: October 03, 2022, 02:04:11 PM »
The economics are crazy. We went to a minor league game in Daytona and spent almost $100. That did include a $30 Daytona Tortugas T-shirt but still not soemthing I want to do more than a couple times per year.

The same thing has happened at spring training. It used to be a reasonably affordable, relaxing break at the end of winter to head down to Florida to catch the Nats at a few different ballparks, but the experience is pretty much as expensive as going to a regular in-season game these days.

Offline imref

« Reply #1744: October 03, 2022, 02:17:44 PM »
$25 for a chicken sandwich and a beer at the last Nats game I attended. There are lots of ways to keep the cost down though, especially by eating outside the park before the game or bringing food in with you. We usually bring our own water bottles and refill inside the stadium.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1745: October 03, 2022, 03:30:58 PM »
$25 for a chicken sandwich and a beer at the last Nats game I attended. There are lots of ways to keep the cost down though, especially by eating outside the park before the game or bringing food in with you. We usually bring our own water bottles and refill inside the stadium.

I rarely eat at the ballpark and most of this season I was spending 2020 bonus money that was going to expire so I didn't pay much attention to prices. I wouldn't have even noticed except that the server asked if I wanted to take a picture of her screen showing the price. Makes me wonder if a lot of people were having the same reaction to the price jump.

Next year I'll remember to eat/drink on the way and bring peanuts from the store.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #1746: October 04, 2022, 02:16:41 PM »
The printed tickets don’t take long to scan. No longer than phones for most people. It’s just lack of common sense. They are not the only team though. The Barves have been all electronic for years.

At Verizon Center there were constant problems with people who tried to store screenshots of .PDF tickets on their phones despite the large-print warning on the .PDF ticket saying not to try to use a screenshot because the code wouldn't scan properly. The screenshot crowd would often get rather belligerent with the arena staff about it, too, thus holding things up for everybody else. I wonder to what extent that sort of thing is a motivator for venues to try to do away with paper tickets.

If the rumors about Ted Leonsis being the leading candidate to buy the Nats are true, forget about paper tickets being available again.

Offline imref

« Reply #1747: October 04, 2022, 02:50:11 PM »
At Verizon Center there were constant problems with people who tried to store screenshots of .PDF tickets on their phones despite the large-print warning on the .PDF ticket saying not to try to use a screenshot because the code wouldn't scan properly. The screenshot crowd would often get rather belligerent with the arena staff about it, too, thus holding things up for everybody else. I wonder to what extent that sort of thing is a motivator for venues to try to do away with paper tickets.

If the rumors about Ted Leonsis being the leading candidate to buy the Nats are true, forget about paper tickets being available again.

the apps have gotten better about allowing ticket sharing, but there are still some apps in which i have to screenshot and text individual ticket images to each member of my group. I also like to download tickets to Apple Wallet in case there are connectivity issues at the gate.

Offline imref

« Reply #1748: October 23, 2022, 07:05:05 PM »
Fatal shooting today across from the sports book around noon. Looks like a targeted hit.

https://www.dcnewsnow.com/news/local-news/washington-dc/man-dead-after-targeted-shooting-near-nats-park/

Today was the golf event at the park

Offline imref

« Reply #1749: November 03, 2022, 02:56:02 PM »
A couple of brits who have a youtube channel focused on their travels visited Nats park for a game. Trailer is below, clip drops on 11/27