Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 242113 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1700: April 07, 2022, 06:24:26 PM »
https://www.axios.com/local/washington-dc/2022/04/04/what-to-expect-nats-park-2022

Highlights: Hard Times is back. Max’s is gone. Free fountain drinks (or maybe free refills?) in Champions Club. Best of all, no more security lines.

did they replace the big Scherzer thing in RF with anything?

Offline madj55

« Reply #1701: April 08, 2022, 12:56:11 AM »
Both the Nationals sign and the Curly W clock didn’t have functioning lights tonight. On the ballparks 15th anniversary season too!

Offline machpost

« Reply #1702: April 08, 2022, 09:13:14 AM »
Both the Nationals sign and the Curly W clock didn’t have functioning lights tonight. On the ballparks 15th anniversary season too!

I thought that was odd, since they've both been lit up in recent days.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1703: April 08, 2022, 09:20:48 AM »
$14 beer    :hang:

Online Five Banners

« Reply #1704: April 08, 2022, 09:46:55 AM »
Might not want to plan on finding a cab there if the need arises. One of the kids in our group was starting to have a foot issue, so we wanted to find one to go back to the lot, which was beyond the soccer stadium.

Some of the in-stadium personnel weren’t sure where we would do that, so I pulled up the team website, as I remember it mentioned something about a taxi cab stand:

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/ballpark/transportation/taxis-and-ride-hailing-services

“Leave the driving to someone else and take a taxi to Nationals Park. After the game, catch a cab at the convenient Taxicab Stand located on the north side of M Street, SE between South Capitol St, SE and Half St, SE (guests exiting the Center Field Gate should walk one block north toward M Street, SE). The Taxi Stand is operated beginning approximately two hours after the first pitch and remains open until a half (1/2) hour after the game's conclusion.”

When we got to South Capitol and N St. and asked some of the officials at that intersection if the taxi cab stand was a block up, they volunteered that we should not go up S. Capitol Street because of the people that are now coming from the “shelters“, but to go back to Half St. SE and go up to M St. that way. When we got there, instead of seeing a taxi cab stand, we saw several local police vehicles. Some suggested that we might want to try across the street to hail one.

When that proved fruitless, I had them wait in Buffalo wild wings while I went to get the car. The ephemeral “Taxi Stand” was the cherry on top for Nationals transportation planning.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1705: April 08, 2022, 11:29:47 AM »
I think there was an incident on the metro at Anacostia station around 9 PM, which might explain the police presence around the next station up the line.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on

Offline blue911

« Reply #1707: April 08, 2022, 05:10:47 PM »
נורא

I hope that’s freak in Sanskrit

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1708: April 08, 2022, 05:42:53 PM »
trying to make me edit stuff?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1709: April 09, 2022, 02:17:02 PM »

ABC's back on the shrooms again it appears. 

Offline imref

« Reply #1710: April 13, 2022, 02:16:13 PM »
Nats just announced BOGO beer and hot dogs for all remaining April games through the mobile app. They are getting desperate.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1711: April 13, 2022, 08:17:31 PM »
Nats just announced BOGO beer and hot dogs for all remaining April games through the mobile app. They are getting desperate.

BTW you're supposed to be able to get an otherwise $12.95 Bud, Bud Light, or Michelob something or other for $8.95 during happy hour (25 oz).  I went to 4 different places Saturday evening looking for a way to buy these at the discounted price, with no success.  First a small stall on the lower concourse, they directed me to the Loft.  They said no, go to the Budweiser Terrace Bar by 242, no dice.  Sorry, find an online order place that stocks the Bud i wanted.  Went halfway to the Club, found one, brought up the beers and clicked through until I was about to submit the order, still nowhere to enter the code BUDHAPPY.    Which is a misnomer if I've ever heard one.  The ladies there were sympathetic but like everyone else I engaged with on the topic, clueless.  The summoned progressively higher level supervisors, i patiently explained what I wanted to do, finally one supervisor said, "give him a beer".  So they comp'd me a 25oz Bud. 

I think training is really the issue.  I didn't run into a single person who was indifferent to my plight, they all wanted to help but nobody knew how.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1712: April 14, 2022, 09:57:55 AM »
Disappointing for retirees counting their pennies. Which I hope to be, someday.

BTW you're supposed to be able to get an otherwise $12.95 Bud, Bud Light, or Michelob something or other for $8.95 during happy hour (25 oz).  I went to 4 different places Saturday evening looking for a way to buy these at the discounted price, with no success.  First a small stall on the lower concourse, they directed me to the Loft.  They said no, go to the Budweiser Terrace Bar by 242, no dice.  Sorry, find an online order place that stocks the Bud i wanted.  Went halfway to the Club, found one, brought up the beers and clicked through until I was about to submit the order, still nowhere to enter the code BUDHAPPY.    Which is a misnomer if I've ever heard one.  The ladies there were sympathetic but like everyone else I engaged with on the topic, clueless.  The summoned progressively higher level supervisors, i patiently explained what I wanted to do, finally one supervisor said, "give him a beer".  So they comp'd me a 25oz Bud. 

I think training is really the issue.  I didn't run into a single person who was indifferent to my plight, they all wanted to help but nobody knew how.

Online Five Banners

« Reply #1713: April 29, 2022, 09:34:14 AM »
Is the water taxi no longer active? I haven’t been able to find anything from their links

Offline machpost

« Reply #1714: April 29, 2022, 11:09:43 AM »
Is the water taxi no longer active? I haven’t been able to find anything from their links

As far as I can tell, it's been defunct for years, unfortunately. You'd think it would be very popular.

The issue I've run into recently is paying the roving beer hawkers. It seems like most of them are very new to the job, and either the new mobile payment devices they use are junk, or they don't know how to use them. Two of the last three times I've bought a beer from them, they had to manually type in my debit card number. Using the chip returned an error and scanning the E-Cash QR code didn't work at all, even though it works every time at concessions stands.

Honestly, I feel bad for most of the new beer hawkers. The crowds have been so sparse and it seems like few people are even buying beers, so I seriously doubt they're making enough money for it to be worth their effort. The few people who manage to make a living at it are hustling their butts off and working multiple venues.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1715: April 30, 2022, 02:28:37 PM »
As far as I can tell, it's been defunct for years, unfortunately. You'd think it would be very popular.

That’s too bad as - if it was marketed well - it would be a great alternative when Metro shuts down the Yellow Line bridge for eight (!) months starting later this year. They could do commuter runs and ballpark runs and make a killing.

Offline imref

« Reply #1716: April 30, 2022, 03:01:02 PM »
“Seeyousoon40” gets you 40% off tickets for the rest of the season. Not sure if it is only on certain seats.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1717: April 30, 2022, 03:07:44 PM »
“Seeyousoon40” gets you 40% off tickets for the rest of the season. Not sure if it is only on certain seats.
why pay gor season tickets if you can pick your game and pay less?

Online Five Banners

« Reply #1718: April 30, 2022, 04:36:55 PM »

For the amazing and consistent benefits and rewards?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1719: May 01, 2022, 11:16:33 AM »

This is the legacy of Valerie Camillo. Used to be that the incentive to buy a season plan was to save money and get great seats if you go to a lot of games. Camillo proved that the team could boost profits by squeezing their biggest fans the hardest, increasing plan prices while reducing benefits, meanwhile drawing in casual fans via single game promotions. That worked during the playoff years because plan holders were willing to continue paying for great seat locations and playoff priority. Problem with Camillo's system is that when the team struggled there was little reason left to be a plan holder, prices are still high, great seats are readily available, and there is no path to the playoffs. Coupled with a seemingly non-existent marketing department, the result is that the team will set the record for lowest season attendance (non-Covid) by a few hundred thousand tickets.

I wonder how much money is left in people's 50% bonus accounts? I need to buy tickets for a couple games by year end to use up my ticket account, but I have to use that on full price tickets in a season when I can buy cheap seats and sit just about anywhere. My concessions account still has a few hundred bucks in it too, at Nats Park prices I wouldn't have thought I'd have had a problem spending all that money. Probably a couple games with my kids this summer will solve that problem.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1720: May 01, 2022, 12:23:28 PM »
DC inching back to the pre-The Plan days?  The Nats back to being trash?  How long until Spray Tan Ted “No I didn’t have weight loss surgery” Leonsis renames the Wizards to the Bullets?  Am I gonna be opening for Tommy Davidson at the DC Improv again like I did back in ‘98?  You love to see it.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1721: May 01, 2022, 12:56:02 PM »
DC inching back to the pre-The Plan days?  The Nats back to being trash?  How long until Spray Tan Ted “No I didn’t have weight loss surgery” Leonsis renames the Wizards to the Bullets?  Am I gonna be opening for Tommy Davidson at the DC Improv again like I did back in ‘98?  You love to see it.
Maybe you should open at Nats Park although that comedy would be hard to match for an opening act. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1722: May 01, 2022, 02:28:59 PM »
Maybe you should open at Nats Park although that comedy would be hard to match for an opening act. 

When DC re-elected Vincent Gray I’m down. Even fly in from Kingston WI on my own dime to do so.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1723: May 01, 2022, 03:17:51 PM »
I don't know what I would do without the STH blandishments.  My entire sense of self worth would collapse without a free branded clear plastic tote bag.
For the amazing and consistent benefits and rewards?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1724: May 01, 2022, 03:20:46 PM »
I don't know what I would do without the STH blandishments.  My entire sense of self worth would collapse without a free branded clear plastic tote bag.

Does it still come with the tears of the Chinese child that made it?