Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 243626 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1675: July 20, 2021, 10:44:27 AM »
FWIW, we parked on Sunday at 28 K St. SE (between South Capital and Half) in an underground garage that we booked via Spot Hero. The reservation was from 12:05 to 5:05 for what was originally supposed to be a 1:30 PM game.  The garage is a bit difficult to get to as it's down an alleyway off of K street that isn't well marked, but the SH app had a pretty good picture of the entrance and noted that it was down an alley.  The cost was $25 which was about the lowest we found in the area.

The game ended, IIRC, at around 6:30 PM.  By then the SH app said our reservation had expired, and the app also said that the garage closed at 6 PM, so I was pretty nervous walking back to my car. When we arrived at the entrance to the building on the corner of L and Half Street, there was a security guard catching people heading toward the alley and directing them into the lobby of the building to get to the elevators.  Once we got to our car and exited, there was an attendant at the exit copying down SH numbers to allow us to exit (they don't have a QR code scanner).

All in all it was a bit stressful, but worked out well.

Previous to that, we parked at 100M (corner of M and 1st) for our last game. It was also $25. For that game, the 1st St entrance that SH directed us to use was blocked due to construction, so we had to loop around the stadium and use an alternate entrance on M.  When we got back to our car (Tuesday night game), the garage was closed, but fortunately the exit door opened for a car that was leaving as we arrived, so we walked in and headed for our car.  The attendant seemed exasperated that people were coming into the garage to retrieve their cars (IIRC, it was around 11 PM), I guess he wanted to go home.

When we exited we had to give him our Spot Hero reservation number. He then opened the door for us to leave. And as he opened it, a flood of people walked in who had been outside trying to figure out how to get back to their cars. It was a mess.

So...moral of the story, SH works but with some challenges. It might be worth the extra few dollars to park in a Nats-operated lot.

Offline machpost

« Reply #1676: July 20, 2021, 01:08:02 PM »
FWIW, we parked on Sunday at 28 K St. SE (between South Capital and Half) in an underground garage that we booked via Spot Hero. The reservation was from 12:05 to 5:05 for what was originally supposed to be a 1:30 PM game.  The garage is a bit difficult to get to as it's down an alleyway off of K street that isn't well marked, but the SH app had a pretty good picture of the entrance and noted that it was down an alley.  The cost was $25 which was about the lowest we found in the area.

The game ended, IIRC, at around 6:30 PM.  By then the SH app said our reservation had expired, and the app also said that the garage closed at 6 PM, so I was pretty nervous walking back to my car. When we arrived at the entrance to the building on the corner of L and Half Street, there was a security guard catching people heading toward the alley and directing them into the lobby of the building to get to the elevators.  Once we got to our car and exited, there was an attendant at the exit copying down SH numbers to allow us to exit (they don't have a QR code scanner).

All in all it was a bit stressful, but worked out well.

For years we parked in the garage at 1015 Half Street SE. The entrance is directly across K Street from the entrance to 28 K. It was always reasonably priced and it's easy to get in and out. Every once in a while the doors to the lobby would be locked, but there's a security guard in the lobby 24/7 who will begrudgingly get up and open the door for you.

Online imref

« Reply #1677: July 29, 2021, 07:19:06 PM »
Masks required indoors in the park starting tomorrow

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1678: July 29, 2021, 07:20:05 PM »
Masks required indoors in the park starting tomorrow

You mean like in the Club, but not in the seats?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1679: July 29, 2021, 07:29:23 PM »
I would assume that means rest rooms also.

Online imref

« Reply #1680: July 29, 2021, 07:30:35 PM »

Indoor areas per Dougherty

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1681: July 29, 2021, 07:49:27 PM »
Indoor areas per Dougherty
that's the opposite of an email blast from the Nationals, but I guess this is from the mayor

Online imref

« Reply #1682: July 29, 2021, 08:01:46 PM »
that's the opposite of an email blast from the Nationals, but I guess this is from the mayor

Dougherty says that masks aren't required in suites if the windows are open.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #1683: July 30, 2021, 09:44:06 AM »
I would assume that means rest rooms also.

It does (per WTOP radio this morning).

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1684: August 02, 2021, 01:52:44 PM »
I know the safety at Nats Park topic got closed but here's another news story - a good samaritan stopped an armed robbery attempt near the park: https://wtop.com/dc/2021/08/passerby-tackles-armed-man-near-nats-park/

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1685: August 02, 2021, 09:03:09 PM »
Dibble - thanx for posting

Online imref

« Reply #1686: September 02, 2021, 11:56:44 AM »
Zimmerman bobblehead won't be available on Friday, instead they are issuing vouchers for a pickup after 10/1

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1687: September 04, 2021, 06:39:27 PM »
Has anyone had the poutine at Medium Rare in the park? In case Exposfan87 is in this weekend. I apologize for not having a recommendation for him.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1688: October 07, 2021, 01:19:55 PM »
Since we are doing this "Jeopardy" style..."will they wear more than a sock?"

Also, The Strokes are opening - that alone is probably worth the price of admission. 

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
2022 WORLD TOUR
at Nationals Park
Thursday, September 8, 2022

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1689: October 07, 2021, 01:56:14 PM »
Since we are doing this "Jeopardy" style..."will they wear more than a sock?"

Also, The Strokes are opening - that alone is probably worth the price of admission. 

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
2022 WORLD TOUR
at Nationals Park
Thursday, September 8, 2022
so you are telling me I need to renew to get a shot at tickets?  Unless they give it away now . . .

Offline madj55

« Reply #1690: October 29, 2021, 05:17:35 PM »
Club Section is getting a full renovation.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1691: October 29, 2021, 07:42:06 PM »
window dressing. Free sodas, though

Offline machpost

« Reply #1692: November 01, 2021, 09:37:06 AM »
It was badly needed. I was in there a time or two in September. The carpet was filthy and the furniture was really worn out. I wonder if it all dated back to 2008.

The whole ballpark in general could use a fresh coat of paint. I wonder if we're not too many years off from the Nats demanding renovations from the District.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1693: November 01, 2021, 02:33:51 PM »
And that was before the Sawks series   
It was badly needed. I was in there a time or two in September. The carpet was filthy and the furniture was really worn out.

Offline madj55

« Reply #1694: March 14, 2022, 10:58:50 AM »
Not sure where else to put it, but Promo Schedule was just released. Some cool bobble heads on it.

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/promotions

Offline machpost

« Reply #1695: March 31, 2022, 09:46:08 AM »
I wonder if they're planning on doing a media preview at Nats Park this year, like they usually do every spring to unveil what's new at the ballpark. That usually happens right around now. Of course if it's anything like the past few seasons, they'll be reducing the variety of food and drink, especially around the upper deck concourse.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1696: March 31, 2022, 10:11:33 AM »
I wonder if they're planning on doing a media preview at Nats Park this year, like they usually do every spring to unveil what's new at the ballpark. That usually happens right around now. Of course if it's anything like the past few seasons, they'll be reducing the variety of food and drink, especially around the upper deck concourse.
Nothing new but you get to pay more for a worse product on the field.  The good news is short lines in the restrooms. 

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #1697: April 05, 2022, 07:29:34 PM »
Any info if the ballpark is opening earlier on Thursday than the usual 90 minutes time? Not finding dedicated opener details on the site.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #1698: April 06, 2022, 09:08:29 PM »
Any info if the ballpark is opening earlier on Thursday than the usual 90 minutes time? Not finding dedicated opener details on the site.

One announcement says the gates open at 5:30 PM. Oh, for the days where they would do 2 1/2 hour early starts for special dates and not save two cents by only doing a 90 minute pregame opening…

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1699: April 07, 2022, 06:20:37 PM »

https://www.axios.com/local/washington-dc/2022/04/04/what-to-expect-nats-park-2022

Highlights: Hard Times is back. Max’s is gone. Free fountain drinks (or maybe free refills?) in Champions Club. Best of all, no more security lines.