Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 243688 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1650: July 01, 2021, 03:37:32 PM »
I don't have a qr reafer on my chesp android phone and am not motivated to figure out a good one to download.  I just skip the stands that only let you using qr codes. Ican still use ecash and flash an qr on my phone at registers and can order off my phone from many stands.

In Apple iOS now, you simply use the camera app to read a QR code. You might want to see if that works on your Android phone.

Online imref

« Reply #1651: July 01, 2021, 03:39:09 PM »
The District Drafts stand over by 304-ish is still there, it shifted locations slightly.  Where it used to be is a normal InBev stand, it's now tucked next to one of the upper deck stairs perpendicular to the flow of traffic.  Not hard to miss if you are coming from the CF direction.

It was closed when we went a few weeks ago and the park was at 25% capacity, but it was open when we were there on Monday.  We've sat in 306 or 307 the last couple of times we've gone to the park, those are really great seats, especially for day games as you are out of the sun pretty quickly.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1652: July 01, 2021, 03:45:10 PM »
I downloaded the first free Android QR reader app I could find while standing at a Nat Park kiosk, worked like a charm. 

I finally threw up my hands and said "fini, freak this, no more iPhone BS ever again" last week. 
I don't have a qr reafer on my chesp android phone and am not motivated to figure out a good one to download.  I just skip the stands that only let you using qr codes. Ican still use ecash and flash an qr on my phone at registers and can order off my phone from many stands.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1653: July 01, 2021, 04:37:21 PM »
In Apple iOS now, you simply use the camera app to read a QR code. You might want to see if that works on your Android phone.
it doesn't. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1654: July 01, 2021, 04:40:09 PM »
I downloaded the first free Android QR reader app I could find while standing at a Nat Park kiosk, worked like a charm. 

I finally threw up my hands and said "fini, freak this, no more iPhone BS ever again" last week. 
I just don't want to start getting a ton of BS emails and texts right after it or find the 15 cents in my savings account disappear.  As soon as I downloaded the Touch tunes app for the CCSP jukebox, I got flooded with spam.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1655: July 01, 2021, 05:03:03 PM »
All of these robocalls about car insurance are amusing now that I don't own a car. But, FWIW I have not noticed any uptick in spam beyond the usual daily barrage   
I just don't want to start getting a ton of BS emails and texts right after it or find the 15 cents in my savings account disappear.  As soon as I downloaded the Touch tunes app for the CCSP jukebox, I got flooded with spam.

Offline eastie

« Reply #1656: July 02, 2021, 09:38:23 AM »
It was closed when we went a few weeks ago and the park was at 25% capacity, but it was open when we were there on Monday.  We've sat in 306 or 307 the last couple of times we've gone to the park, those are really great seats, especially for day games as you are out of the sun pretty quickly.
Update: it was closed again last night after being open earlier in the week, along with most of the kiosks on that level.   Not sure if that was due to expected decreased demand due to the forecast or what.  Frustrating to have so few options that don't involve a trip downstairs.  The 300s and 400s weren't exactly barren of fans (well, at least until we all got blown out of the park!)

Offline machpost

« Reply #1657: July 02, 2021, 12:24:14 PM »
The District Drafts stand over by 304-ish is still there, it shifted locations slightly.  Where it used to be is a normal InBev stand, it's now tucked next to one of the upper deck stairs perpendicular to the flow of traffic.  Not hard to miss if you are coming from the CF direction.

Good to know. I usually enter through the First Base Gate so I haven't been down that way in a while. There used to be a District Drafts behind 310 but I guess it's not coming back. Currently there's nothing in that area.

I just noticed that they finally updated the Concessions Guide on the website. It had been very out of date for some time: https://www.mlb.com/nationals/ballpark/concessions-guide

Online imref

« Reply #1658: July 02, 2021, 12:52:21 PM »

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1659: July 02, 2021, 01:19:14 PM »
You can’t just open your camera app to uses as a qr reader. That’s all I do.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1660: July 02, 2021, 02:10:33 PM »
You can’t just open your camera app to uses as a qr reader. That’s all I do.
not on my phone. I've tried because folks tell me to do it that way.  Sometimes when the concession staff insist that's how it works, I  try again with their help and they watch as it fails.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1661: July 02, 2021, 09:07:53 PM »

I have a new Samsung and it works like that too - just focus the camera on the code like you're about to take a picture and the link pops up immediately, no app required.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1662: July 02, 2021, 09:12:08 PM »
not on my phone. I've tried because folks tell me to do it that way.  Sometimes when the concession staff insist that's how it works, I  try again with their help and they watch as it fails.

Do you still take rolls of quarters for toll roads?

:lol:

I've recently been to a couple of bars outside - Barrel and Bushel in Tysons, and the Caboose in Mosaic District - and they both employ the QR code to order from your table.  It works great once you complete the first order, and really expedites service.  You click a couple of times and it seems within a minute or two the beer appears, paid for including tip.  No more dealing with splitting checks, each orders and pays for their own.  Unless your phone can't do that, of course. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1663: July 02, 2021, 09:31:18 PM »
I found an app that works. No ads either. Just have to open it before the camera thing.

Online 1995hoo

« Reply #1664: July 05, 2021, 02:45:53 PM »
Regarding QR codes, you know those "Freestyle" soda machines some fast food places have? A few weeks ago we stopped at a Wendy’s in Port St. Lucie and the machine had a sign giving you a "touchless" option—you could operate the machine using a QR code. I stuck with the normal way.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1665: July 10, 2021, 07:16:19 PM »
Regarding QR codes, you know those "Freestyle" soda machines some fast food places have? A few weeks ago we stopped at a Wendy’s in Port St. Lucie and the machine had a sign giving you a "touchless" option—you could operate the machine using a QR code. I stuck with the normal way.

I’ve seen those too but haven’t tried it yet. Seems more time-consuming and like a hassle to me.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1666: July 16, 2021, 08:16:36 PM »
Jen Psaki is throwing the first pitch on Sunday.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1667: July 16, 2021, 08:21:38 PM »

Uh. Hmm.

Online imref

« Reply #1668: July 16, 2021, 08:29:32 PM »

I posted about it in the politics thread. It’s William and Mary day at the park and she’s an alum.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #1669: July 16, 2021, 08:33:01 PM »
I posted about it in the politics thread. It’s William and Mary day at the park and she’s an alum.
Couldn't they get someone younger?  and hotter?  You know, someone FP would consider dating. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1670: July 16, 2021, 08:46:06 PM »
Couldn't they get someone younger?  and hotter?  You know, someone FP would consider dating.

:hysterical:

Online imref

« Reply #1671: July 16, 2021, 08:57:09 PM »
:hysterical:

Online GataNats

« Reply #1672: July 16, 2021, 11:58:50 PM »
Psaki a great choice

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1673: July 17, 2021, 01:22:53 PM »
Psaki a great choice
to paraphrase Arthur, it doesn't Psak.

Offline machpost

« Reply #1674: July 17, 2021, 01:48:27 PM »
Insert "your mom" joke here.