Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 242120 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1575: April 27, 2021, 04:37:25 PM »
I had seats in the 300 level last Tuesday and it seemed like less than half of the concession stands were open when I was there.
Same. I have seats for this Friday so I'll screenshot whatever is available and share here for everyone's SA.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #1576: April 28, 2021, 08:16:43 AM »
I had seats in the 300 level last Tuesday and it seemed like less than half of the concession stands were open when I was there.

I recall seeing something from the club saying not all concessions were going to be open, nor all menu items available.

Is it true that you now have to order all food/drink in advance, and you can only pay with some smartphone app (not cash or credit/debit card)?

Offline machpost

« Reply #1577: April 28, 2021, 08:41:41 AM »
It sounds like you need to convert cash to something called "Nats Bucks" at either a ticket window or at guest services if you're not paying electronically. Vouchers with cash value, presumably. And it looked like at least a couple of the concessions locations were allowing regular walk up ordering. Two of the locations on the 300 level that have a wide variety of items available—the ones that have chicken tenders, burgers, fries, etc.—appeared to have lines of customers ordering at the counter.

The mobile ordering worked fine, but it was annoying to have to wait for a simple slice of pizza after ordering it when they were not really busy at all. Just the usual confusion and chaos we've all come to expect at most of the concession stands.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #1578: April 28, 2021, 08:44:48 AM »
It sounds like you need to convert cash to something called "Nats Bucks" at either a ticket window or at guest services if you're not paying electronically. Vouchers with cash value, presumably. And it looked like at least a couple of the concessions locations were allowing regular walk up ordering. Two of the locations on the 300 level that have a wide variety of items available—the ones that have chicken tenders, burgers, fries, etc.—appeared to have lines of customers ordering at the counter.

The mobile ordering worked fine, but it was annoying to have to wait for a simple slice of pizza after ordering it when they were not really busy at all. Just the usual confusion and chaos we've all come to expect at most of the concession stands.

Good to know.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1579: April 28, 2021, 08:47:33 AM »
It sounds like you need to convert cash to something called "Nats Bucks" at either a ticket window or at guest services if you're not paying electronically.

i wonder what a Schrute buck and a Stanley nickel would get you?

Offline eastie

« Reply #1580: April 28, 2021, 10:07:34 AM »
Yeah, the offerings in the 300s seem pretty thinned out.  There was no District Drafts stand at all that I could find, had to trek back downstairs for that.  And the full bar kiosk behind 305/306 is just ... gone.  It looks like they haven't even pulled a lot of the stands out of storage yet.  Hopefully more will return as capacity limits bump up.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1581: April 28, 2021, 04:39:43 PM »
when you order on the ballpark app, do you pick up at the stand or do they deliver to the seats?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1582: April 28, 2021, 04:46:34 PM »
when you order on the ballpark app, do you pick up at the stand or do they deliver to the seats?

I picked it up at the stand.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1583: April 29, 2021, 05:52:41 AM »
I recall seeing something from the club saying not all concessions were going to be open, nor all menu items available.

Is it true that you now have to order all food/drink in advance, and you can only pay with some smartphone app (not cash or credit/debit card)?

I paid through the app using my card, I think I bought a beer from the bud light loft with a physical card but I had been pre gaming on the metro for an hour and a half and things were a bit fuzzy at that point.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1584: April 29, 2021, 05:54:12 AM »

The limited availability of walk up concessions leads to long wait times to get a beer as well, something to consider.

Offline machpost

« Reply #1585: April 29, 2021, 09:43:30 AM »
I think I've found what seems to be a pretty good beverage deal in the park: There are a few stands selling those AB InBev Cutwater Spirits canned cocktails. The "Tequila Margarita" variety is 12 oz, 12.5 abv for $12 and change, and as far as I can tell it's real tequila, not some flavored malt beverage as you'd probably expect. Tastes pretty decent, though it'd be a lot better over ice. Pretty good bang for your buck!

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1586: April 30, 2021, 04:05:45 AM »
I think I've found what seems to be a pretty good beverage deal in the park: There are a few stands selling those AB InBev Cutwater Spirits canned cocktails. The "Tequila Margarita" variety is 12 oz, 12.5 abv for $12 and change, and as far as I can tell it's real tequila, not some flavored malt beverage as you'd probably expect. Tastes pretty decent, though it'd be a lot better over ice. Pretty good bang for your buck!

My buddy likes them. I’m not a tequila fan but according to him, you only need about two.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1587: May 02, 2021, 02:08:40 PM »
I connected Apple Pay to my ballpark app so should be all set.  There is a list of concessions to order from so assume they are the ones open.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1588: May 07, 2021, 01:36:45 PM »
I actually had an easier time getting a beer in my seat than I ever did in the "before times". 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1589: May 07, 2021, 01:47:57 PM »
I enjoyed the visit to the park.  I don’t like people so having many fewer around was great. No lines at the rest rooms.  Ordered food and it was ready right away.  Somewhat annoying wearing a mask that long outside. Maybe down the road they will have COVID throwback days with limited attendance.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1590: May 07, 2021, 01:58:02 PM »
7th inning respirator
Maybe down the road they will have COVID throwback days with limited attendance.

Offline Natsinpwc

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1592: May 07, 2021, 07:25:13 PM »

My buddy likes them. I’m not a tequila fan but according to him, you only need about two.

Tried it last night and I agree.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1593: May 07, 2021, 08:34:54 PM »
Tried it last night and I agree.

He ended up sleeping in his truck at the metro station. LMAO

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #1594: May 15, 2021, 07:35:54 AM »
I was invited by my nephew to attend a game on May 30. I had not planned on attending any games this season due to the coronavirus. I have had both jabs for 3 months and also had Covid over a year ago. My question is can you bring in your own unopened bottle of water like in years past? And is Shake Shake open and can you pay with a CC and not use an app? Is their anything I should be aware. I will probably mask with a N-95 as my nephew has only had one shot. Thanks.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1595: May 15, 2021, 07:22:14 PM »
I think you can still bring water in and I can confirm that Shake Shack is open for both walk-up (no cash) and mobile ordering.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1596: May 15, 2021, 07:25:06 PM »
I think you can still bring water in and I can confirm that Shake Shack is open for both walk-up (no cash) and mobile ordering.
You definitely can bring water in.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1597: May 16, 2021, 10:29:14 AM »
Unopened bottles.  But bottles can be refilled easily in Nats Park

You definitely can bring water in.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1598: May 16, 2021, 12:00:06 PM »
Unopened bottles.  But bottles can be refilled easily in Nats Park