Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 243742 times)

Offline NationalHeat

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1525: November 20, 2019, 09:00:57 PM »
Anyone have any guesses as to where they’ll put the WS trophy this year/going forward for fans to see?

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #1526: November 20, 2019, 09:21:35 PM »
Anyone have any guesses as to where they’ll put the WS trophy this year/going forward for fans to see?

Team stores are an option, either the big one or the home plate one

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1527: November 20, 2019, 09:22:21 PM »
Team stores are an option, either the big one or the home plate one

PNC diamond club, $500 to see it

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1528: November 20, 2019, 09:33:49 PM »

Twins keep theirs in the equivalent of the Delta Club.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #1529: November 20, 2019, 11:37:03 PM »
Twins keep theirs in the equivalent of the Delta Club.

I prefer the way they've done it at Cap One. Plus, putting in a store could make it a draw where they sell a few more things on off-days (Tony needs a new pair of cleats).

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1530: November 21, 2019, 08:52:12 AM »
build a replica on top of the Loft.

Online imref

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #1532: December 06, 2019, 12:24:23 PM »
this might delay DCFan's move to NC:

https://wtop.com/washington-nationals/2019/12/job-hunting-2020-racing-presidents-tryout-applications-now-open/

Not with these knees. I might reconsider if they dangled driving the bullpen cart.

Online imref

« Reply #1533: December 06, 2019, 12:31:47 PM »
Not with these knees. I might reconsider if they dangled driving the bullpen cart.

:). Maybe a racing FDR?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1534: December 06, 2019, 09:10:31 PM »

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1535: December 07, 2019, 03:15:55 AM »
DcFan's idol - with or without the wheel chair ?

:). Maybe a racing FDR?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #1536: December 20, 2019, 02:10:40 PM »

I agree it's probably going to be the Delta Club. Back when Nats Park first opened that club (under an earlier name) got the original 1924 scoreboard from Griffith Park (not sure if it's still there).

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1537: January 26, 2020, 01:36:19 PM »
Anyone at the hot stove event?

Offline wj73

« Reply #1538: January 26, 2020, 03:30:33 PM »
I agree it's probably going to be the Delta Club. Back when Nats Park first opened that club (under an earlier name) got the original 1924 scoreboard from Griffith Park (not sure if it's still there).

I can’t believe they’d keep it on a place where so few people could see it. I remember years ago seeing the 1985 Royals trophy in a glass case on the concourse at Kauffman.  It looked like something they’d built especially to house the trophy. All the fans were able to see it and take pix through the glass. There are enough little corners in the concourse at Nats Park where they could build a secure display case if they wanted to let ordinary fans see a real WS trophy.

Offline MtPleasantNatsFan

« Reply #1539: January 27, 2020, 09:39:59 PM »
Anyone at the hot stove event?

I was.  I talked to a few “regulars”— eccentrics who have introduced themselves to me because they remember me from events like Winterfest.

I’m still not sure how to handle that- it’s great to be recognized, but given how odd some of the obsessive fans are, I’m not sure how to react -  do I want to be “that guy?”

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #1540: January 27, 2020, 10:40:49 PM »
How about just listen and let it go in one ear & out the other ?

I was.  I talked to a few “regulars”— eccentrics who have introduced themselves to me because they remember me from events like Winterfest.

I’m still not sure how to handle that- it’s great to be recognized, but given how odd some of the obsessive fans are, I’m not sure how to react -  do I want to be “that guy?”

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1541: January 28, 2020, 09:09:17 AM »
Who are you?

Offline machpost

« Reply #1542: January 28, 2020, 10:03:50 AM »

You want to be "that guy." Just keep a Sharpie with you and autograph their hats an an area that isn't covered with dozens of pins.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1543: January 28, 2020, 11:22:43 AM »
I think the 2 or 3 most interesting things out of hot stove were that the pre-sale dates for all games except opening day is 2/13 and the presale for opening day is 2/25.  Exchange policies for SPH are loosened up with only OD being a blackout date.  They did not say whether there'd be RCR blackouts.  Also, it looks like they are spreading the championship stuff out through the first week - Banner raising on Opening Day, rings 1st saturday (game 2), some kid event on Sunday (I don't recall), I think a Davey holding the trophy bobblehead the next series (night game) and a tee shirt later in the week.

Online imref

« Reply #1544: February 09, 2020, 04:12:31 PM »
Anyone know what's going on with the construction on half street between the CF gates and the metro?  It almost looks like they are going to turn it into a pedestrian mall as they have installed footings for large lights in the street.   I looked on JDland but didn't see anything specific about the half-street shutdown.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #1545: February 09, 2020, 05:33:31 PM »
Anyone know what's going on with the construction on half street between the CF gates and the metro?  It almost looks like they are going to turn it into a pedestrian mall as they have installed footings for large lights in the street.   I looked on JDland but didn't see anything specific about the half-street shutdown.

Oh joy; I anticipate more congestion for the gauntlet getting to the Metro station. The playoffs were the first clue for the need to bypass what is increasingly a clueless cattle call, especially with young kids in tow. Farewell to the guys who set up speakers cranking out airplane engine-level musical offerings and the $5 hat trade.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1546: February 10, 2020, 09:46:21 AM »
I read somewhere else that they are, indeed, closing that street to vehicle traffic.

But now I can't remember where. Reddit maybe?

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1547: February 10, 2020, 10:14:37 AM »
I read somewhere else that they are, indeed, closing that street to vehicle traffic.

But now I can't remember where. Reddit maybe?

I read that in a reddit thread this morning. They were discussing the construction around the ballpark.

Online imref

« Reply #1548: March 02, 2020, 03:37:52 PM »
Gordon Biersch near the ballpark is closed.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #1549: March 03, 2020, 04:44:49 AM »
Is that for good or just a seasonal closing ?

Gordon Biersch near the ballpark is closed.