Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 242139 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #300: June 12, 2016, 01:44:55 PM »
Well, a write in campaign to Levy Restaurants got Laura, the bartender in the Red Porch (ie: Bud Brewhouse), rehired.  Has anyone seen her working this weekend ?

Well done patrons.   :clap:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #301: June 12, 2016, 09:34:39 PM »
There are 2 reasons I buy beer at Nats Park.  The main one is Laura.  the only other time I get beer is to help me make good eye contact with Blue on one of his rants.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #302: June 13, 2016, 09:57:56 AM »
Interestingly there's a server in the 300's (works the stands) whom I remember seeing from time to time in past seasons...but I've only been to the ballpark twice this season and she still recognises me. (Is it the sideburns?)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #303: June 13, 2016, 10:12:41 AM »
Interestingly there's a server in the 300's (works the stands) whom I remember seeing from time to time in past seasons...but I've only been to the ballpark twice this season and she still recognises me. (Is it the sideburns?)

I had a hotel employee go out of her way to approach me and my wife while we were in London last month.  She told me - "You have been here before...I remember you...etc."  I was there with our 2 kids 9 years ago.  She has worked there for 10 years.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast...

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #304: June 13, 2016, 10:38:50 AM »
I had a hotel employee go out of her way to approach me and my wife while we were in London last month.  She told me - "You have been here before...I remember you...etc."  I was there with our 2 kids 9 years ago.  She has worked there for 10 years.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast...

Londoners can be fabulous like that. There was a Garfunkels restaurant just off Trafalgar square once run by an Asian lady (now retired) who always recognised me when I returned for my annual three-weekers - despite being away for 49 weeks she still knew who I was. There was also a lady at the Terminal 5 duty free (one of the best places in the world to buy Scotch whisky) who recognised me every year, and a sever at a pub near my regular hotel who also was able to pick me out after all that time.

Got to be the sideburns....

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #305: June 18, 2016, 04:25:42 PM »
Has any one noticed that they're playing more instant replay on the scoreboard this year?

Offline machpost

« Reply #306: June 20, 2016, 09:09:41 AM »
Has any one noticed that they're playing more instant replay on the scoreboard this year?

I haven't noticed that, but I have noticed that the scoreboard seems to break during games a lot more often these days. You know, when all the important game data disappears and we get a humongous picture of the player at bat.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #307: June 26, 2016, 06:27:22 PM »
I haven't noticed that, but I have noticed that the scoreboard seems to break during games a lot more often these days. You know, when all the important game data disappears and we get a humongous picture of the player at bat.

It does seemed to be doing that more this year. No doubt.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #308: June 28, 2016, 10:25:22 AM »
Definately related to the new challenge rule

Offline Inverted W

« Reply #309: July 01, 2016, 09:57:54 AM »
Anyone ever walked up and purchased $5 grandstand "seats"? They're mentioned in the A-Z list on the Nats website.  Do they ever run out of these tickets, which go on sale 2 1/2 hours before the game. Thanks.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #310: July 01, 2016, 11:24:30 AM »
I have purchased them5-10 times.  These are only for certain games.  For more popular games, these are $10 seats.  I like getting to Nats park early, so I don't know about running out.  But the $5 tickets are only for less popular games, so running out probably does not happen a lot.

Anyone ever walked up and purchased $5 grandstand "seats"? They're mentioned in the A-Z list on the Nats website.  Do they ever run out of these tickets, which go on sale 2 1/2 hours before the game. Thanks.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #311: July 01, 2016, 11:26:09 AM »

I hear you have to be there early, and must immediately enter the park.  I think they also sell standing room only (though if you have a $5 ticket you could obviously do the standing thing anyway.)

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #312: July 02, 2016, 12:41:35 AM »
I hear you have to be there early, and must immediately enter the park.  I think they also sell standing room only (though if you have a $5 ticket you could obviously do the standing thing anyway.)

I haven't bought one recntly, but they've never enforced the whole entering the park immediately thing.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #313: July 05, 2016, 07:37:17 AM »
Sunday was my third visit to TBSITH this season and it seems (also noticed this on my previous visit) they've really cut back on drink vendors in the stands, at least in the 300's...have they really?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #314: July 05, 2016, 12:27:56 PM »
Sunday was my third visit to TBSITH this season and it seems (also noticed this on my previous visit) they've really cut back on drink vendors in the stands, at least in the 300's...have they really?

Did not see a single beer guy in the 300s on Friday, didn't matter to me as the concession lines were non existent and they had a great selection.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #315: July 07, 2016, 06:11:51 PM »

They seem to all be in the lower level. Or maybe it just seems like it.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #316: July 13, 2016, 10:31:49 AM »
Favorite sections in the park? Only time I've been was opening night and I was in section 320 or so.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #317: July 13, 2016, 10:41:43 AM »
I like one of the obvious sections - the 50 or so rows behind each of the dugouts.  The back rows of these sections give a great view.

Favorite sections in the park? Only time I've been was opening night and I was in section 320 or so.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #318: July 13, 2016, 10:54:45 AM »

Anywhere in the lower bowl pole to pole is great for me, except the 1B side during a day game. Too much sun.

1B side also doesn't get a good look at the big scoreboard. And same with bleachers.

The 200 level is also excellent, especially the Norfolk Southern Club with wide padded seats and some extra services. The fancier clubs are not worth it in my opinion.

The 300 level straight back is also a good value but a bit too high for me.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #319: July 13, 2016, 11:04:47 AM »
Thanks. Thinking section 115.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #320: July 13, 2016, 11:39:11 AM »
Thanks. Thinking section 115.
That's a good place. As BIL noted better view of scoreboard and sun will be behind you back at the start beginning of the game. The club seats in the 200 level are also great. And they might be really good Friday as it looks like a hot one. The area behind the seats is air conditioned.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #321: July 13, 2016, 01:00:05 PM »
That's a good place. As BIL noted better view of scoreboard and sun will be behind you back at the start beginning of the game. The club seats in the 200 level are also great. And they might be really good Friday as it looks like a hot one. The area behind the seats is air conditioned.

Thanks! We'll see if prices drop any

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #322: July 13, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »
And you are always in the shade in the 200s. That's where my tickets are (thanks, TT!).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #323: July 13, 2016, 01:19:32 PM »

Behind the dugouts is the best place to sit, but can be expensive. Further up the foul lines you want to be out of the lower bowl for better sight lines. The 200s (other than in the far outfield) have good views but are overpriced compared to the 300s.Nice thing about the 300s (besides the price) is that you don't have to be that close to home plate, you can be up the foul lines a ways and still have a great view. The 400s are too high up. There really is no good mid range pricing, either pay $60-100 to sit behind the dugout or pay $20-30 to sit in the 300s. (Or really save some cash and get a cheapie seat and find a good spot to stand.)

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #324: July 13, 2016, 01:25:59 PM »
Behind the dugouts is the best place to sit, but can be expensive. Further up the foul lines you want to be out of the lower bowl for better sight lines. The 200s (other than in the far outfield) have good views but are overpriced compared to the 300s.Nice thing about the 300s (besides the price) is that you don't have to be that close to home plate, you can be up the foul lines a ways and still have a great view. The 400s are too high up. There really is no good mid range pricing, either pay $60-100 to sit behind the dugout or pay $20-30 to sit in the 300s. (Or really save some cash and get a cheapie seat and find a good spot to stand.)

I hear that. $49, w/ no fees (I think), for 115 sounds too good to pass on.