Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 242197 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #175: February 02, 2016, 10:30:44 PM »
I am doing Rolling Thunder this year.  I'll get with you as time gets near for all the insider tips.  You working it again this year?

Edit - you gonna go to Viera this Spring?

Not sure.    I may do the marina thing again.   The Pentagon parking lot/demonstration makes for one long hot day.

EDIT:     Not sure about Viera either.    Some things I have to tend to.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #176: February 02, 2016, 10:32:40 PM »
The Pentagon parking lot/demonstration makes for one long hot day.

As long as they have porta-potties...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #177: February 02, 2016, 10:33:34 PM »
As long as they have porta-potties...

They do  ...  and l-o-n-g lines.    :)    The marina is much more manageable.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #178: February 02, 2016, 10:35:27 PM »
They do  ...  and l-o-n-g lines.    :)    The marina is much more manageable.

Well...let's talk this thru as time gets closer.  I do need to get to the Wall one day to visit my cousin...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #179: February 02, 2016, 10:38:56 PM »
Well...let's talk this thru as time gets closer.  I do need to get to the Wall one day to visit my cousin...

I used to get off the bus at Constitution and Henry Bacon DR every morning.    On occasion, I'd walk the Wall around 6 AM or so.    Very few folks there at that time.   

Sittin' here thinking about it.   That was 12 or more years ago.    After a while, the drivers knew my routine and they'd let me off the bus prior to Constitution.     Quite a walk  ...   the Wall, Constitution Gardens, across the Monument grounds toward 12th ST, SW and the sunrise to boot.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #180: February 06, 2016, 01:50:00 PM »
Categorize this as disgusting information - the Nats are turning the Red Porch into a Bud Brewhouse.  This despite the announcement last fall that the Nats would get more local food/drink vendors into Nats Park.  Time to boycott the Brewhouse ....

Offline mitlen

« Reply #181: February 06, 2016, 02:55:42 PM »
Categorize this as disgusting information - the Nats are turning the Red Porch into a Bud Brewhouse.  This despite the announcement last fall that the Nats would get more local food/drink vendors into Nats Park.  Time to boycott the Brewhouse ....

Long as they don't mess up the Loft.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #182: February 06, 2016, 05:16:51 PM »
I  hope that means they'll bring in some Dominion products.  I think they one 50%+ of Dominion and maybe some other local crafts.  Stinks, though, of course, unless the Bud Brewhouse will have Bud products and independents (no Coors, no whoever ends up owning Miller after it is spun off).

Offline mitlen

« Reply #183: February 06, 2016, 05:19:21 PM »
I  hope that means they'll bring in some Dominion products.  I think they one 50%+ of Dominion and maybe some other local crafts.  Stinks, though, of course, unless the Bud Brewhouse will have Bud products and independents (no Coors, no whoever ends up owning Miller after it is spun off).

Good point.   Dominion as an indie made some good beers.    Used to head to Ashburn and fill my Oak Barrel Stout growler regularly.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #184: February 06, 2016, 05:34:27 PM »

If they have a "brewhouse", doesn't that mean they are brewing in house? What is more local than that?

Local is over-rated anyway, good is better than local, the reason Bud got popular in the first place is that it was better than most local brews.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #185: February 06, 2016, 08:03:02 PM »
If they have a "brewhouse", doesn't that mean they are brewing in house? What is more local than that?

Local is over-rated anyway, good is better than local, the reason Bud got popular in the first place is that it was better than most local brews.
I'm not sure that's true.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #186: February 06, 2016, 08:29:39 PM »
Bud owns quite a number of "craft" brews. Maybe they'll sell some of them.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #187: February 06, 2016, 08:36:08 PM »
I don't think there's even a small chance they will be brewing in-house.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #188: February 06, 2016, 08:53:28 PM »

Damn....

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #189: February 06, 2016, 08:54:40 PM »

Bud, brew "in house"?  Is this a joke?   

No chance, zero.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #190: February 06, 2016, 08:56:46 PM »
Bud, brew "in house"?  Is this a joke?   

No chance, zero.

Watching the Republican "debate", I have questions.    Isn't a brew house a 24 hour operation?    Does Nats' Park currently have (other that security) 24 hour a day coverage for any part of the operation?     

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #191: February 06, 2016, 08:59:16 PM »
Mitlen - do you not go there any longer ?

Good point.   Dominion as an indie made some good beers.    Used to head to Ashburn and fill my Oak Barrel Stout growler regularly.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #192: February 06, 2016, 09:02:09 PM »
From a Nats Talk blog post:

"Goose Island will be replacing the Sam Adams area as part of refreshing the Park’s refreshment options."

Goose Island is an A-B "micro" brew.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #193: February 06, 2016, 09:02:09 PM »
Mitlen - do you not go there any longer ?

They shut it down (IIRC) when they were bought out.    It's probably like all the other big (and micro) brewers.    I think they now make Iron City at the Rolling Rock plant in Latrobe.    Sam Adams does the same kind of thing.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #194: February 06, 2016, 09:07:13 PM »
I don't think there's even a small chance they will be brewing in-house.

Pretty sure that in house brewing has been something the Nats have wanted which is why I made this assumption. Considering the quantity of local brew pubs it would not be surprising to have one at Nats Park, they could put the tanks on top of the roof of the loft.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #195: February 06, 2016, 09:07:56 PM »
Pretty sure that in house brewing has been something the Nats have wanted which is why I made this assumption. Considering the quantity of local brew pubs it would not be surprising to have one at Nats Park, they could put the tanks on top of the roof of the loft..

The brew would never make it down to the Red Porch.    :)

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #196: February 06, 2016, 09:11:16 PM »
I have a hard time believing the Nats want to spend the resources to brew.  Where would the space come from ?  Bringing in kegs is so much easier.

Pretty sure that in house brewing has been something the Nats have wanted which is why I made this assumption. Considering the quantity of local brew pubs it would not be surprising to have one at Nats Park, they could put the tanks on top of the roof of the loft.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #197: February 06, 2016, 09:17:16 PM »
I have a hard time believing the Nats want to spend the resources to brew.  Where would the space come from ?  Bringing in kegs is so much easier.

The original plan for Nats Park was to have the Red Porch open year round, that might be linked to the brew pub idea.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #198: February 06, 2016, 09:18:01 PM »
The original plan for Nats Park was to have the Red Porch open year round, that might be linked to the brew pub idea.

Aren't converting part of the current park site to a year 'round dining facility?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #199: February 06, 2016, 09:19:18 PM »

Brewing on site I don't really care about.  Bringing in kegs from local breweries sounds just fine to me.  But, if Inbev takes over and pushes out all the real beers for their own pseudo micros, that's not a good thing.