Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244335 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #75: August 28, 2015, 01:38:49 PM »
However you can live down by the river

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #76: August 28, 2015, 07:27:17 PM »
Jayson Werth Bobblehead
Jayson Werth's walk-off home run in Game 4 of the 2012 NLDS was one of the greatest moments in Washington Nationals history. While we tried to capture his jump into home plate and commemorate it with a bobblehead for our 10th Anniversary season, we were not satisfied with the final product. Therefore, we will be re-issuing a new bobblehead. The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park on Sunday, August 30th for the 1:35 p.m. game against the Miami Marlins will receive a voucher redeemable for the new bobblehead. Fans will be able to pick up their new bobblehead on an offseason date at Nationals Park. In addition, you will receive a special gift for the inconvenience. More information will be available on the vouchers and at nationals.com/Aug30.

http://view.ed4.net/v/PI0QOB/94HGBG/14RU8NN/2VTLRP/MAILACTION=1&FORMAT=H?partnerId=ed-9648424-829452663

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #77: August 29, 2015, 07:25:41 AM »
So I can't take S. Capitol St all the way to B lot?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #78: August 29, 2015, 10:01:14 AM »

Sounds like South Capitol to M Street; left on M Street to Van Street; right on Van Street to lot B (directly in front of you at that point). 

You can't turn left off of South Capitol Street at N Street to get to Lot B.

Gonna try that route myself today...I have always gone down 3 blocks past N Street to the batch plant and made a U-turn to get back onto South Capitol Street going north again.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #79: August 29, 2015, 12:10:58 PM »
Would you be taking South Capitol St from the south (like if coming from Richmond) or from the north (like if coming from Vienna) ?

Offline machpost

« Reply #80: August 31, 2015, 02:47:09 PM »
395 to South Capitol to Garage B:

Just make sure you bear to the right after you hit South Capitol, otherwise you'll end up on the underpass that goes below M Street.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #81: August 31, 2015, 02:52:53 PM »
395 to South Capitol to Garage B:

(Image removed from quote.)

Just make sure you bear to the right after you hit South Capitol, otherwise you'll end up on the underpass that goes below M Street.

Nice ninja...  ;)

This worked like a champ this weekend...also keeps you out of the camera speed trap on South Capitol...  :thumbs:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #82: September 01, 2015, 02:24:24 PM »
Alright, where can I find the bloody mary with meat straw?  This I've GOT to have.   

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/08/26/434958065/the-bloody-mary-meat-straw-an-all-american-story

...At a recent Washington National's baseball game in D.C., meat straws were prominently displayed at a "make-your-own-Bloody-Mary" bar in one of the luxury lounges.

Jonathan Stahl, executive director of ballpark operations and fan experience for the Nationals, demonstrates a meat straw in action, using it to stir horseradish into the Bloody Mary mix.

"As you can see, it comes straight through the meat straw," says Stahl, taking a gulp to demonstrate. "There you go."

The straw infuses each sip with a hint of meaty, umami flavor. And by the time imbibers have finished guzzling the drink, the meat straw is well-soaked in Bloody Mary and ready for snacking. Stahl says they've been a hit.

"We couldn't get them one time, and so people were asking where the meat straws were," says Stahl. "We never have a Bloody Mary bar unless we have the meat straws available now."

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #83: September 01, 2015, 02:26:40 PM »
Alright, where can I find the bloody mary with meat straw?  This I've GOT to have.   

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/08/26/434958065/the-bloody-mary-meat-straw-an-all-american-story

Must be the Presidents Club...ask mitlen and Spidey...

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #84: September 01, 2015, 02:27:37 PM »
Must be the Presidents Club...ask mitlen and Spidey...

Please, we don't drink Bloody Marys.    Rum  ...   neat  ...  no straws  ....  no umbrellas.   :)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #85: September 01, 2015, 02:28:17 PM »

How do you get a meat straw in a flask?    ;)

Offline dracnal

« Reply #86: September 01, 2015, 04:33:56 PM »
How do you get a meat straw in a flask?    ;)

Simple. You gotta take the time to remove your mouth from the opening of the flask. Then you can just jam it in there.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #87: September 01, 2015, 04:48:46 PM »
Simple. You gotta take the time to remove your mouth from the opening of the flask. Then you can just jam it in there.

Well, I would not really generally do that but for a meat straw I'd consider it.

I wonder if their bloody marys have clam juice in them?     :az:

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #88: September 25, 2015, 09:45:03 AM »
So ....with Yoga in the park scheduled for Sunday, does that mean they'll have the last game of the season madness on Monday???? or try to fit it in to Sunday?
Never been to a yoga in the park, apparently, you need a 'special ticket' which must mean that my SPH card isn't good enough.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #89: September 25, 2015, 05:02:55 PM »
So ....with Yoga in the park scheduled for Sunday, does that mean they'll have the last game of the season madness on Monday???? or try to fit it in to Sunday?
Never been to a yoga in the park, apparently, you need a 'special ticket' which must mean that my SPH card isn't good enough.

I'm sure the normal stuff will still all be on Sunday and I bet Monday sets a new low attendance for the season. I know they're still doing the jersey raffle like they do every year on Sunday. Watch...this'll be the year I finally win one and it'll be Desmond's :spaz:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #90: September 25, 2015, 09:31:24 PM »
I'm sure the normal stuff will still all be on Sunday and I bet Monday sets a new low attendance for the season. I know they're still doing the jersey raffle like they do every year on Sunday. Watch...this'll be the year I finally win one and it'll be Desmond's :spaz:

...or Williams...  :hammer:

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #91: October 12, 2015, 09:47:23 AM »
Jayson Werth Bobblehead
Jayson Werth's walk-off home run in Game 4 of the 2012 NLDS was one of the greatest moments in Washington Nationals history. While we tried to capture his jump into home plate and commemorate it with a bobblehead for our 10th Anniversary season, we were not satisfied with the final product. Therefore, we will be re-issuing a new bobblehead. The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park on Sunday, August 30th for the 1:35 p.m. game against the Miami Marlins will receive a voucher redeemable for the new bobblehead. Fans will be able to pick up their new bobblehead on an offseason date at Nationals Park. In addition, you will receive a special gift for the inconvenience. More information will be available on the vouchers and at nationals.com/Aug30.

http://view.ed4.net/v/PI0QOB/94HGBG/14RU8NN/2VTLRP/MAILACTION=1&FORMAT=H?partnerId=ed-9648424-829452663

Has anyone heard anything further about this? Just curious whether I missed an announcement while we were out of town.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #92: October 12, 2015, 12:12:20 PM »
Has anyone heard anything further about this? Just curious whether I missed an announcement while we were out of town.

No...I hadn't seen anything further...they said it would likely be over the winter...

Offline dracnal

« Reply #93: October 15, 2015, 01:20:39 PM »

Well, they canned Williams and Papelbon sold his house. I'd say they're in the process of delivering the special gift  ;)

Offline 31GetsItDone

« Reply #94: October 30, 2015, 03:16:21 PM »
This is going to seem random, but can anyone help me out by naming some of the songs played at Nats Park? The ones that come to my mind are Fall Out Boy's Light Em Up, 7th inning stretch: Take One Me/Friends in Low Places, the pre-anthem music from the John Adams HBO show & of course all the players' walkup music (got that from Nats website)...anything else?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #95: October 30, 2015, 09:26:16 PM »
This is going to seem random, but can anyone help me out by naming some of the songs played at Nats Park? The ones that come to my mind are Fall Out Boy's Light Em Up, 7th inning stretch: Take One Me/Friends in Low Places, the pre-anthem music from the John Adams HBO show & of course all the players' walkup music (got that from Nats website)...anything else?

I think they're using Fill Me Up Buttercup for the 7IS song now.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #96: October 31, 2015, 04:25:31 AM »
Bryce uses a variety of Walk ups.  Wagon Wheel, Best is Yet to Come, is the third one flower or something?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #97: October 31, 2015, 07:48:39 AM »
Interesting that the oldest guys on the team, Robinson and Thornton, have the best taste in music.

http://districtsportspage.com/washington-nationals-walk-up-music-2015/
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/fan_forum/ballpark_music.jsp?c_id=was

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Offline 31GetsItDone

« Reply #99: November 07, 2015, 09:48:06 AM »
I think they're using Fill Me Up Buttercup for the 7IS song now.

Thanks. It's been way too long since I've been to a game.

Bryce uses a variety of Walk ups.  Wagon Wheel, Best is Yet to Come, is the third one flower or something?

Yup, Flower by Moby. The walkup music is listed on the website but its been harder to remember the other stuff. Trying to put together a playlist to help a friend get through the offseason lol
http://m.mlb.com/wsh/fans/music/?tcid=FErd-music

Thanks all!