Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244182 times)

Offline machpost

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1725: October 03, 2022, 09:41:51 AM »
The service remained the same, the servers were nice enough but the technology is freaked. The first stand they didn't have the right equipment to handle payment via the app, which I believe is the Nationals preferred form of payment, so they shifted me over to another stand. Later at the beer stand the taps were barely functional and the server had to bang the reader against the counter trying to get it to work. I was hoping for another free beer (I got one Friday because the guy had to use three taps to pour me one beer) but instead she had me and the line behind me wait until it finally worked.
More than once during this last homestand I can recall some of the beer hawkers around our section announcing that they were unable to take e-cash as payment. And I've lost count as to how many times it was a struggle just to buy a beer from one of them using a debit card. The Nats are pretty terrible at implementing new technology for the most part. Last year they were testing some sort of biometric technology for gate entry, and I'm sure that will be a huge mess if they ever try to roll it out widely.