Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244062 times)

Offline Five Banners

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1700: April 08, 2022, 09:46:55 AM »
Might not want to plan on finding a cab there if the need arises. One of the kids in our group was starting to have a foot issue, so we wanted to find one to go back to the lot, which was beyond the soccer stadium.

Some of the in-stadium personnel weren’t sure where we would do that, so I pulled up the team website, as I remember it mentioned something about a taxi cab stand:

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/ballpark/transportation/taxis-and-ride-hailing-services

“Leave the driving to someone else and take a taxi to Nationals Park. After the game, catch a cab at the convenient Taxicab Stand located on the north side of M Street, SE between South Capitol St, SE and Half St, SE (guests exiting the Center Field Gate should walk one block north toward M Street, SE). The Taxi Stand is operated beginning approximately two hours after the first pitch and remains open until a half (1/2) hour after the game's conclusion.”

When we got to South Capitol and N St. and asked some of the officials at that intersection if the taxi cab stand was a block up, they volunteered that we should not go up S. Capitol Street because of the people that are now coming from the “shelters“, but to go back to Half St. SE and go up to M St. that way. When we got there, instead of seeing a taxi cab stand, we saw several local police vehicles. Some suggested that we might want to try across the street to hail one.

When that proved fruitless, I had them wait in Buffalo wild wings while I went to get the car. The ephemeral “Taxi Stand” was the cherry on top for Nationals transportation planning.