Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244186 times)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1150: May 21, 2018, 02:17:57 PM »
For those that take the DC Circulator bus from Union Station to the ballpark, those days will soon be over. The Union Station-Navy Yard route is transitioning to Eastern Market-L'Enfant Plaza (via Navy Yard and Waterfront) effective June 24. Service will end at 9pm nightly - no more gameday extended hours.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1151: May 21, 2018, 02:32:50 PM »
Here's an idea:

https://wtop.com/business-finance/2018/05/ravens-promise-5-beer-and-3-hot-dogs-at-mt-stadium/

The Revenue Chief prefers to wring maximum profits from fewer fans, more efficient.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1152: May 21, 2018, 04:23:42 PM »
The Revenue Chief prefers to wring maximum profits from fewer fans, more efficient.
I've sort of started my own strike against the higher price concessions.  I can't bring myself to pay $12 for a small local brew, so District Drafts are dead to me.  I'm not spending $14 or so for the higher level sandwiches, which are still sandwiches.  I'll eat veggie dogs, maybe regulars dogs or even brats, but the other stuff (including the $7 pizza slices) are off limits.

Oh, as for the Kosher stand, I think it'll be shut tonight.  It is the tail end of Shavuot (Pentecost), which ends at sundown.  When it is open and I'm there, I still expect the falafel to be my go to.

Offline Elston32

« Reply #1153: May 29, 2018, 12:59:04 PM »
Travel Question: I live in Richmond, and usually travel to games with my son. We always drive, and park on or near Capitol Street. The next game I'll see will be with a friend-not sure of his walking endurance. Does anyone have a comment or review of taking the Metro line from Springfield/Franconia to the Nats Park? Thanks!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1154: May 29, 2018, 01:04:23 PM »
Best sammich in the park. Especially when the veggie dogs are your alternative.

I've sort of started my own strike against the higher price concessions.  I can't bring myself to pay $12 for a small local brew, so District Drafts are dead to me.  I'm not spending $14 or so for the higher level sandwiches, which are still sandwiches.  I'll eat veggie dogs, maybe regulars dogs or even brats, but the other stuff (including the $7 pizza slices) are off limits.

Oh, as for the Kosher stand, I think it'll be shut tonight.  It is the tail end of Shavuot (Pentecost), which ends at sundown.  When it is open and I'm there, I still expect the falafel to be my go to.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1155: May 29, 2018, 01:05:52 PM »
Travel Question: I live in Richmond, and usually travel to games with my son. We always drive, and park on or near Capitol Street. The next game I'll see will be with a friend-not sure of his walking endurance. Does anyone have a comment or review of taking the Metro line from Springfield/Franconia to the Nats Park? Thanks!

I don't know how much a round trip METRO pass for 3 will cost you, but parking in one of the two attached garages might be less of a hassle for you...if more expensive...

You can always park closer - at the Pentagon City open lot or in the Mall garage, and METRO from there.  Corner of ARMY-NAVY Drive and Hayes Street. 

I recall doing the trip from Springfield once, and I don't think I enjoyed it very much.

FWIW, we drive up from the Fashionable West End of Henrico County...  :D

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1156: May 29, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »

Avoid Metro, best option is to park in the garage of the building with the Salt Line, it's right across the street from the handicapped entrance, check Spot Hero, they sell out fast. Second best option are the team parking garages.

Offline Elston32

« Reply #1157: May 29, 2018, 01:13:59 PM »
I don't know how much a round trip METRO pass for 3 will cost you, but parking in one of the two attached garages might be less of a hassle for you...if more expensive...

You can always park closer - at the Pentagon City open lot or in the Mall garage, and METRO from there.  Corner of ARMY-NAVY Drive and Hayes Street. 

I recall doing the trip from Springfield once, and I don't think I enjoyed it very much.

Thanks! I'm a fellow "west ender" too. So I will probably stick to my usual way. Also, leaving and getting on 395 is so easy.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1158: May 29, 2018, 01:18:59 PM »
Avoid Metro, best option is to park in the garage of the building with the Salt Line, it's right across the street from the handicapped entrance, check Spot Hero, they sell out fast. Second best option are the team parking garages.

I've never seen that garage pop up when I search for game parking.  Do you enter the approximate times instead of the game itself?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1159: May 29, 2018, 01:38:06 PM »
I've never seen that garage pop up when I search for game parking.  Do you enter the approximate times instead of the game itself?

It sells out fast because it's close and it's not a big garage. It might be sold out for the season.

I bought 20 passes there for $12 each for the United stadium opener. Sold two already at $85 each.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1160: May 29, 2018, 01:40:46 PM »

I am not sure of taking it from that specific station, but I take to metro to around 40 games last year. From that station, you'll need to transfer at L'Enfant which means taking an escalator and managing the crowd depending on how close to game time.
Once you get to the Navy Yard Station, it's going up two sets of escalators and you come out directly across from The Bullpen. Take a left out and head toward the CF gate which is about 500-750 feet from the station entrance. Overall pretty easy.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1161: May 29, 2018, 01:44:47 PM »

$11.20 Round trip for metro during peak hours. $8.50 on weekends

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1162: May 29, 2018, 02:38:29 PM »
I am not sure of taking it from that specific station, but I take to metro to around 40 games last year. From that station, you'll need to transfer at L'Enfant which means taking an escalator and managing the crowd depending on how close to game time.
Once you get to the Navy Yard Station, it's going up two sets of escalators and you come out directly across from The Bullpen. Take a left out and head toward the CF gate which is about 500-750 feet from the station entrance. Overall pretty easy.

This post and   ....  transferring at L'Enfant Plaza can be a challenge for the unfamiliar and/or if your traveling partner has mobility issues.   

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1163: May 29, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »
Thanks! I'm a fellow "west ender" too. So I will probably stick to my usual way. Also, leaving and getting on 395 is so easy.

I do it 15-20 times per year...if it doesn't impose an undue hardship on your friend to walk a bit, this is clearly the best option.  You can always let him/her off on Capitol Blvd. at the Park as well...

What game are you headed to?  You should try to make it to the August WNFFM&G2 on August 4th as well...

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1164: May 29, 2018, 02:48:21 PM »
$11.20 Round trip for metro during peak hours. $8.50 on weekends

Thanks...gotta be nearby parking options in the $30 range...and so much more convenient coming from the Richmond area...

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1165: May 29, 2018, 03:04:47 PM »
Thanks...gotta be nearby parking options in the $30 range...and so much more convenient coming from the Richmond area...

Use the spot hero app.  First time use gets you a $5 discount.  Last time I was at the park we used the garage next to Bonchon on half street for $30 minus the $5 discount, the posted price at the door was $35.  Just note you have to print your reservation in advance, not every garage will scan your phone.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1166: May 29, 2018, 09:23:15 PM »
It sells out fast because it's close and it's not a big garage. It might be sold out for the season.

I bought 20 passes there for $12 each for the United stadium opener. Sold two already at $85 each.

I've been buying them at the Skyline Hotel for $20.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1167: May 29, 2018, 09:23:57 PM »

Good spot.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1168: May 29, 2018, 10:04:57 PM »

Gonna have to try that next weekend. Haven't used it yet this year.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1169: May 29, 2018, 10:30:05 PM »
Gonna have to try that next weekend. Haven't used it yet this year.

Spot Hero.  It's the same distance to the Loft as it was from the concrete lot.    :D

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1170: May 29, 2018, 10:39:55 PM »
anyone ever hit the food truck area on Maine Ave a few blocks west of S. Cap,. near the Safeway?  When we drove by on our way to our last game it looked like they had at least a dozen or more trucks.

Offline Elston32

« Reply #1171: May 30, 2018, 01:49:45 PM »
I do it 15-20 times per year...if it doesn't impose an undue hardship on your friend to walk a bit, this is clearly the best option.  You can always let him/her off on Capitol Blvd. at the Park as well...

What game are you headed to?  You should try to make it to the August WNFFM&G2 on August 4th as well...
Thanks! We are going to the July 3rd Red Sox v. Nats. (My friend is a huge Red Sox fan). Some day I'd like to see the Nats play the Sox in Fenway.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1172: May 30, 2018, 01:58:51 PM »
Thanks! We are going to the July 3rd Red Sox v. Nats. (My friend is a huge Red Sox fan). Some day I'd like to see the Nats play the Sox in Fenway.

We saw the Sawx play the Yankees in Fenway about 5 years ago.  'Twas a rather rowdy bunch...to say the least...

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1173: June 01, 2018, 02:23:10 PM »
07 July, meeeeeowwww

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1174: June 01, 2018, 02:38:54 PM »
07 July, meeeeeowwww

(Image removed from quote.)

Thank God there’s this at least.

Fans are not permitted to bring cats or other animals to Nationals Park in connection with this special event. An exception will be made for service animals and service animals in-training for the disabled.