Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244094 times)

Offline LoveAngelos

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1050: April 07, 2018, 10:40:24 AM »
Still not able to pick on seat on Nats ticket site

WTF is a convenience fee for if they take away all the conveniences?????????

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #1051: April 13, 2018, 12:55:13 PM »
Rep John Lewis will throw out the first pitch tomorrow 4/14, as part of the Jackie Robinson Day festivities.  :clap:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1052: April 13, 2018, 01:04:51 PM »
Rep John Lewis will throw out the first pitch tomorrow 4/14, as part of the Jackie Robinson Day festivities.  :clap:

It’s tomorrow and not Sunday?

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #1053: April 13, 2018, 01:11:00 PM »
It’s tomorrow and not Sunday?

Yeah my bad, i can't read a calendar :) Either way, John Lewis for Jackie Robinson Day.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1054: April 13, 2018, 01:33:25 PM »

Think he could take an inning later on?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1055: April 13, 2018, 01:44:14 PM »
Where are the drink boxes located?

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #1056: April 13, 2018, 01:54:56 PM »
Where are the drink boxes located?

Capitol Club bar near sec 108.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1057: April 13, 2018, 04:47:34 PM »
Does the Nats ticket office sell Standing Room only tickets for games that aren’t sold out. Like for tomorrow’s game. I have a friend who wants to go.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #1058: April 13, 2018, 04:48:21 PM »
Does the Nats ticket office sell Standing Room only tickets for games that aren’t sold out. Like for tomorrow’s game. I have a friend who wants to go.
If you buy a really cheap ticket, you can stand where-ever.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1059: April 13, 2018, 04:49:18 PM »
If you buy a really cheap ticket, you can stand where-ever.

They aren’t really that cheap on StubHub or on with the Nats. Just curious.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #1060: April 13, 2018, 04:55:48 PM »

There are $5 grandstand tickets. Seats will be up in the top of the 400's but you can stand wherever you want. Limited supply, show up 2 hours before the game and cross your fingers.  Buy them at the normal ticket window.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1061: April 13, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »

Is it too late to trade your two SPH tickets to that game and another ticket from another game to get 3 tickets to tomorrow's game?

Too bad you didn't know a few days ago...you could have used your RCR points for him...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1062: April 13, 2018, 05:05:33 PM »
Is it too late to trade your two SPH tickets to that game and another ticket from another game to get 3 tickets to tomorrow's game?

Too bad you didn't know a few days ago...you could have used your RCR points for him...

Yeah. She isn’t big on planning.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1063: April 13, 2018, 06:11:18 PM »
Can one find a decent dark beer anywhere in the park?  Why offer 35 different kinds of IPA's or Pale Ales and narry a porter or stout?  It's sad when they have 6 different Devil's Backbone offerings and the darkest one is a lager.   :rant:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1064: April 13, 2018, 06:13:05 PM »
Can one find a decent dark beer anywhere in the park?  Why offer 35 different kinds of IPA's or Pale Ales and narry a porter or stout?  It's sad when they have 6 different Devil's Backbone offerings and the darkest one is a lager.   :rant:
Dark beers have been discriminated against for many many years.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1065: April 13, 2018, 06:15:28 PM »
Dark beers have been discriminated against for many many years.

Give 'em a chance I says!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1066: April 13, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »
Give 'em a chance I says!
I think District Drafts might rotate some in.  Black Ox or PC Porter . . .   

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1067: April 13, 2018, 07:52:21 PM »
So the district coolers (juice boxes) are delicious, but strong. Three of these and I’ll be on my ass. There is a footlong hot dog, and then a jumbo hotdog which I was not aware of. My wife said of it “it would not be ladylike to eat this in public.” The new corn dogs are tasty. If I didn’t mention before from a previous visit, the hot chicken sandwich and the shrimp po boy at Grace’s Kitchen ( the Mike Isabella replacement) are also quite tasty.
I think that’s all the new stuff I’ve sampled.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1068: April 13, 2018, 09:23:35 PM »
I think District Drafts might rotate some in.  Black Ox or PC Porter . . .

It's full flavored beer time NOW, not later.  Enough of those pansy assed wheaters when we're wearing gloves.  (though not tonight, obviously)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1069: April 13, 2018, 09:24:50 PM »
So the district coolers (juice boxes) are delicious, but strong. Three of these and I’ll be on my ass. There is a footlong hot dog, and then a jumbo hotdog which I was not aware of. My wife said of it “it would not be ladylike to eat this in public.” The new corn dogs are tasty. If I didn’t mention before from a previous visit, the hot chicken sandwich and the shrimp po boy at Grace’s Kitchen ( the Mike Isabella replacement) are also quite tasty.
I think that’s all the new stuff I’ve sampled.

I thought the po-boy was overprice for what you get.  Maybe if they included chips, but for $14 I want a meal. 

Offline laundrygal

We very occasionally park in the Geico Garage (neè "B"). Usually when we do this we turn onto N street and then turn left onto South Capitol Street in order to shoot over the bridge into Maryland and take the Wilson Bridge back into Virginia. However, last season we experienced something we never had before -- they wouldn't let us turn left off N onto South Capitol. We were forced to go straight and ended up in a maze of streets trying to get back to S. Capitol.

Does anyone know if the left turn onto S. Capitol Street is often forbidden? Or did we get extremely unlucky with our traffic cop or situation?

My husband thinks C may offer easy access back to the bridge (First -> Potomac) but I'm not so sure it's very easy to get into on the way in.

Thanks!

Offline kardut

My husband thinks C may offer easy access back to the bridge (First -> Potomac) but I'm not so sure it's very easy to get into on the way in.

Thanks!

We often park in the surface lot across from C, and it’s super easy to get in/out of if you’re coming over the F Douglas bridge. Just turn right onto Potomac right after the bridge. You miss all the traffic on S Capitol, plus you can sometimes let one of the players cut in front of you as they leave their lot 😊

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1072: April 26, 2018, 03:58:39 PM »
not sure where else to post this:  For the first time an all-girl Cub Scout den will lead the opening flag ceremony this Saturday at Nats park.

http://www.wmal.com/2018/04/26/all-girl-cub-scout-den-to-lead-flag-ceremony-at-nats-game-saturday/

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #1073: April 26, 2018, 04:05:22 PM »
I'm not saying there's a thing wrong with this - couldn't care less... but it just sounds weird.  These girls couldn't cut Brownies, they got demoted to Cub Scouts? :lol:

not sure where else to post this:  For the first time an all-girl Cub Scout den will lead the opening flag ceremony this Saturday at Nats park.

http://www.wmal.com/2018/04/26/all-girl-cub-scout-den-to-lead-flag-ceremony-at-nats-game-saturday/

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1074: April 26, 2018, 08:19:39 PM »
I'm not saying there's a thing wrong with this - couldn't care less... but it just sounds weird.  These girls couldn't cut Brownies, they got demoted to Cub Scouts? :lol:

Different programs. More outdoor focus on the boy side.