Author Topic: Josh Hamilton Meeting with MLB - Angels Expect Penalties  (Read 3289 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Lyle Alzado.

My grandfather owned a nursery and died at 54 from leukemia, which was directly related to his use of pesticides. Keep in mind DDT was sold as being safe for humans and had people dusting themselves with the crap to show how it was safe. 

I'm sure Peter Angelos could give some examples too. Remember how safe Asbestos was supposed to be?  I think most of this shipyard safety videos showing people being rained on with asbestos filler are gone but tonnes of people got exposed to that.

Another that comes to mind is Aspartame. And how could we ever forget the growing list of "celebrities" coming out with skin cancer as a result of not using sunscreen.

Online blue911

I'm sure Peter Angelos could give some examples too. Remember how safe Asbestos was supposed to be?  I think most of this shipyard safety videos showing people being rained on with asbestos filler are gone but tonnes of people got exposed to that.

Another that comes to mind is Aspartame. And how could we ever forget the growing list of "celebrities" coming out with skin cancer as a result of not using sunscreen.

Yeah, My grandmother died of cancer that was attributed to her washing my grandfather's clothes, she was 53. Her sister died 2 years ago at 103 and her mom at 98.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Besides smoking, how would someone give themself cancer?

Asbestos, black lung (coal industry), brown lung (textile industry), GI's exposed to nuclear tests, agent orange  ...  Nevermind, that's other people giving someone cancer.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Obesity, tobacco use, men living long enough (prostate cancer), a diet of total crap, buying cheap houses near contamination sites and power stations, using steroids/blood doping/human growth hormones, sedatary lifestyle combined with live abuse. 

One of the scariest things for male cyclists is the "growth".  Treated with medication you can turn back the damage but left untreated it becomes testicular cancer.

Offline DPMOmaha

Skin cancer is often preventable.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.

A lot of people are surprised that asbestos isn't banned in the US.  And one of the non-banned uses?  Clothing.