Author Topic: Must See TV Thread  (Read 115154 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #2025: October 11, 2021, 10:13:29 PM »
Heck of a jeopardy game tonight.

Would've preferred the woman won.  The other guy was every bit as annoying as bluestreak claims Amodio was :lol:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2026: October 12, 2021, 12:14:35 PM »
Would've preferred the woman won.  The other guy was every bit as annoying as bluestreak claims Amodio was :lol:

Agree on both counts. Hopefully we won’t have to endure him for 8 weeks.

All it took was getting unlucky with the daily doubles and he looked totally mortal. Competent opponents helped.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2027: October 12, 2021, 01:51:18 PM »
Agree on both counts. Hopefully we won’t have to endure him for 8 weeks.

All it took was getting unlucky with the daily doubles and he looked totally mortal. Competent opponents helped.

He seemed really off the entire game, he just couldn't get into his groove and once he realized he was in trouble he got desperate, guessing at answers that ended up being wrong. I can't fathom how he thought the Alps and Danube River were in Poland. I almost wonder if he just decided he had enough and decided to throw a game.

It's too bad the other two contestants didn't go to a tiebreaker.

He reminds me a lot of Jonah Hill

Offline imref

« Reply #2028: October 12, 2021, 11:49:13 PM »
'avenge me keeley, avenge me!'

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2029: October 14, 2021, 05:42:31 PM »
'avenge me keeley, avenge me!'
"this apple tastes like dead people" :lol:
last episode was really good, I can't help but feel bad for Nate even though he's the total heel now.

Offline imref

« Reply #2030: October 14, 2021, 06:06:40 PM »
last episode was really good, I can't help but feel bad for Nate even though he's the total heel now.

I’d dint realize it, but they closed season two with same image of Nate that opened season one.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2031: October 14, 2021, 07:31:40 PM »

I must have missed some things along the way. I know he was beginning to chafe, but what exactly did Ted do to create this situation? Comes off like a complete villain.

Happy for Danny Rojas. The greyhound puppy was genius. :)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2032: October 14, 2021, 08:08:29 PM »
I must have missed some things along the way. I know he was beginning to chafe, but what exactly did Ted do to create this situation? Comes off like a complete villain.

Nothing. He was completely delusional. Daddy Issues. Like pretty much all the main characters.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2033: October 14, 2021, 09:11:55 PM »
Nothing. He was completely delusional. Daddy Issues. Like pretty much all the main characters.
Party pooper.

If you’ve been paying attention they’ve totally shown Nate’s insecurities and how they’re getting the best of him. From Keely telling him the Nespresso machines were only for players to Ted brushing him off (yes he is where he is because of Ted but there were a couple scenes I thought Ted was pretty dismissive of him) he’s been devolving all season.

Offline imref

« Reply #2034: October 14, 2021, 09:14:35 PM »

Did you notice the puppy was wearing a helmet? I missed that the first time around. The story-telling is just incredible on this show.

Pretty much everyone, including Ted, dismissed Nate as a serious person on the same level as Ted, Beard, and Roy. Ted would use his ideas, but there were a lot of instances in which Ted dismissed him. Plus Nate has some serious Daddy issues so he probably takes it out on Ted because he won't stand up to his own father.

Nick Mohammed (who plays Nate) provided some context:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBL-8LpVEAkSZvH?format=png&name=medium

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2035: October 14, 2021, 09:15:52 PM »
Pretty much everyone, including Ted, dismissed Nate as a serious person on the same level as Ted, Beard, and Roy. Ted would use his ideas, but there were a lot of instances in which Ted dismissed him. Plus Nate has some serious Daddy issues so he probably takes it out on Ted because he won't stand up to his own father.

Did you notice the puppy was wearing a helmet? I missed that the first time around. The story-telling is just incredible on this show.
I saw the helmet and died laughing, just perfect.

Thanks for posting that Imref. He gets lost behind Roy Kent and even Beard and Leslie but Nick Mohammed’s Nate is just a masterful acting job.

Offline imref

« Reply #2036: October 14, 2021, 09:20:06 PM »
I saw the helmet and died laughing, just perfect.

Thanks for posting that Imref. He gets lost behind Roy Kent and even Beard and Leslie but Nick Mohammed’s Nate is just a masterful acting job.

we rewatched the funeral episode again the other night, maybe my favorite of season 2. We noticed the song that Ted is playing as he's getting dressed. He made a reference too it in an earlier episode. Also, pay close attention to the picture on his dresser as he's getting dressed, it's a big part of the finale.

You can see the clip here: http://www.lasesp.com/article/163426083899455/Ted_Lasso%20Funeral%20Episode%20Picture

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2037: October 14, 2021, 09:25:37 PM »
we rewatched the funeral episode again the other night, maybe my favorite of season 2. We noticed the song that Ted is playing as he's getting dressed. He made a reference too it in an earlier episode. Also, pay close attention to the picture on his dresser as he's getting dressed, it's a big part of the finale.

You can see the clip here: http://www.lasesp.com/article/163426083899455/Ted_Lasso%20Funeral%20Episode%20Picture
Dear Lord I will never understand the amusement people get from “Rick rolling”
But I remembered the song because “easy lover” is a fantastic song and I love being reminded of it.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2038: October 14, 2021, 10:04:37 PM »
Party pooper.

If you’ve been paying attention they’ve totally shown Nate’s insecurities and how they’re getting the best of him. From Keely telling him the Nespresso machines were only for players to Ted brushing him off (yes he is where he is because of Ted but there were a couple scenes I thought Ted was pretty dismissive of him) he’s been devolving all season.

I guess, but maybe Ted was allowing him to grow. Or maybe he was dealing with his own stuff.

I think the biggest thing that shows Nate delusion is him complaining about the picture not being in his office. When if you notice in the funeral episode the picture is on Ted’s dresser next to the picture *of his freaking son*

He’s taking out his frustration with his father on Ted. I’m sure they are going to have a redemption arc for him. But I don’t want it.

He’s not really a nice guy. The whole time they have been showing it. The first episode has him absolutely berating Ted until he learns he’s the coach. When he gets promoted he’s about to go off on a hateful tirade against Rebecca (I think he was going to call her a shrew) until he learns he’s getting promoted. He abuses Colin and the new kit man relentlessly.
He continually punches down to people he sees as beneath him. All signs of poor character.

The heel turn is the real Nate. I agree the acting job is fantastic though.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2039: October 14, 2021, 10:09:25 PM »
I just read imref’s post. So most of the stuff I said was in Mohammed’s post. I guess I’m glad I noticed it too. Lol

Offline imref

« Reply #2040: October 14, 2021, 10:26:16 PM »
Dear Lord I will never understand the amusement people get from “Rick rolling”
But I remembered the song because “easy lover” is a fantastic song and I love being reminded of it.

you did see the funeral episode, right? :)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2041: October 14, 2021, 10:35:02 PM »
I guess, but maybe Ted was allowing him to grow. Or maybe he was dealing with his own stuff.

I think the biggest thing that shows Nate delusion is him complaining about the picture not being in his office. When if you notice in the funeral episode the picture is on Ted’s dresser next to the picture *of his freaking son*

He’s taking out his frustration with his father on Ted. I’m sure they are going to have a redemption arc for him. But I don’t want it.

He’s not really a nice guy. The whole time they have been showing it. The first episode has him absolutely berating Ted until he learns he’s the coach. When he gets promoted he’s about to go off on a hateful tirade against Rebecca (I think he was going to call her a shrew) until he learns he’s getting promoted. He abuses Colin and the new kit man relentlessly.
He continually punches down to people he sees as beneath him. All signs of poor character.

The heel turn is the real Nate. I agree the acting job is fantastic though.
For sure it’s always been in Nate, a secure man would’ve been able to deal with the “slights” but I feel like this season shows how each perceived slight makes Nate less and less capable of pretending it doesn’t bother him.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2042: October 14, 2021, 10:35:32 PM »
you did see the funeral episode, right? :)
Lol yes, still don’t get how Rick rolling ever became a thing.

Offline imref

Offline dracnal

« Reply #2044: October 18, 2021, 08:05:25 PM »
Mel Brooks is back!

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/history-of-the-world-part-ii-series-hulu-mel-brooks-nick-kroll-wanda-sykes-1235091840/

It won't be right if it doesn't include Hitler on Ice. Sounds like they're pulling in some great comedy folks for it.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #2045: October 21, 2021, 12:07:28 PM »
Moved discussion of a particular program to politics.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2046: October 21, 2021, 11:48:00 PM »
Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - 10/24. PBS!

Offline HondoKillebrew

« Reply #2047: October 22, 2021, 06:31:43 PM »
Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - 10/24. PBS!

Wish it was still on network TV.  I know so much is moving to streaming, with this now getting aired also on PBS, but it's not the same as it getting more attention. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2048: October 23, 2021, 06:33:16 PM »
In the opposite of must see tv, nbc4's residual sports coverage is almost valueless. Today's coverage was just about 2 recommendations that a weather reporter asked an"expert." No mention of caps, wiz, WFT, baseball playoffs, former Nats playing and managing, or local college football.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2049: November 12, 2021, 08:37:13 PM »
So. Ken or Mayim?