Author Topic: Must See TV Thread  (Read 115224 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #1725: January 13, 2021, 09:54:23 PM »
Next Jeopardy hosts: Katie Couric, Mayim Bialik, Bill Whitaker, Aaron Rodgers

https://deadline.com/2021/01/jeopardy-mayim-bialik-bill-whitaker-lineup-guest-hosts-1234673145/

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #1726: January 13, 2021, 09:58:34 PM »
Next Jeopardy hosts: Katie Couric, Mayim Bialik, Bill Whitaker, Aaron Rodgers

https://deadline.com/2021/01/jeopardy-mayim-bialik-bill-whitaker-lineup-guest-hosts-1234673145/
Answer:  It doesn’t exist
Question: What is the Rodgers rate?

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #1727: January 13, 2021, 09:59:06 PM »
Literally the only thing I know about Olden Polynice is that he’s the answer to a Scottie Pippen trivia question.
I know he played at UVA.

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #1728: January 13, 2021, 10:48:25 PM »
the guy pulling a cliff claven with the "who is the Russian dog" answer was great.

:lol:  I thought the same thing!  "Who are 3 people who've never been in my kitchen?"

About a year or so ago, I heard Dan Patrick's name as a possibility to host.  Speculation that he'd never do it immediately following Alex's passing, but maybe a few years down the road.

I like Ken Jennings, but I think he talks and reads the clues too fast.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a series of unknown guest hosts chosen from auditions, just like contestants are.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #1729: January 14, 2021, 07:34:51 AM »

I like Ken Jennings, but I think he talks and reads the clues too fast.

I’ve heard several people say this, and I agree that he’s been talking fast, but last year when they re-ran the early Trebek episodes I was struck by how fast he talked in the early years. I’m sure part of that in his case was feeling a need to explain the rules as they went along prior to the show becoming a fixture. I wonder how much of it, in both their cases, might stem from a feeling of pressure to get in as much as possible within the allotted time (recognizing the show is edited)—sort of like how sometimes as a student it felt like there was less time for an exam than there really was.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #1730: January 14, 2021, 08:34:41 AM »
I’ve heard several people say this, and I agree that he’s been talking fast, but last year when they re-ran the early Trebek episodes I was struck by how fast he talked in the early years. I’m sure part of that in his case was feeling a need to explain the rules as they went along prior to the show becoming a fixture. I wonder how much of it, in both their cases, might stem from a feeling of pressure to get in as much as possible within the allotted time (recognizing the show is edited)—sort of like how sometimes as a student it felt like there was less time for an exam than there really was.
Could be nervousness also. 

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1731: January 14, 2021, 09:38:13 AM »
Could be nervousness also. 

He talks about it here:

Online imref

« Reply #1732: January 14, 2021, 10:30:05 PM »
James Holzhauer layeth the smack down on The Chase tonight.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #1733: January 20, 2021, 09:59:13 PM »
Wow I’d have given anything to see the inauguration fireworks in person, it looked like DC was blowing up for a sec lol!

Online imref

« Reply #1734: January 20, 2021, 10:01:57 PM »
Wow I’d have given anything to see the inauguration fireworks in person, it looked like DC was blowing up for a sec lol!

absolutely incredible.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1735: January 21, 2021, 09:29:39 AM »

My dog was not impressed...

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1736: January 21, 2021, 11:49:36 AM »
I mentioned in the Politics section that I heard the fireworks for about 5 seconds before they were shown on TV.  CC is close enough for that and there must have been about a 10 second lag in TV signal (sort of like how C & D always seem to be ahead of Carp and FP).

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #1737: January 21, 2021, 12:35:19 PM »
My dog was not impressed...

Poor baby :( we've resorted to drugging ours on the 4th and New Years Eve because the older they get the more terrified they've become :( The barrage last night might've done them in!

Online Five Banners

« Reply #1738: January 21, 2021, 12:37:25 PM »
I mentioned in the Politics section that I heard the fireworks for about 5 seconds before they were shown on TV.  CC is close enough for that and there must have been about a 10 second lag in TV signal (sort of like how C & D always seem to be ahead of Carp and FP).

The latter point reminds me how I had looked forward to it hearing Charlie and Dave on the game seven broadcast, but they were delayed compared to my TV feed by close to 10 seconds if I recall correctly.  I still had it going, but things like the Howie homer heard in delay was something

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #1739: January 21, 2021, 12:42:46 PM »
CC is close enough for that and there must have been about a 10 second lag in TV signal..

Since skippy isn't from here she may not know what CC is.  Forgive me if you already know but it's the Crystal City section of Arlington that's a stones throw from Reagan National, the Potomac, and the Pentagon. The posh condo that JCA lives in no doubt has a perfect view of the Mall and fireworks. :mg:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1740: January 21, 2021, 02:05:28 PM »
Since skippy isn't from here she may not know what CC is.  Forgive me if you already know but it's the Crystal City section of Arlington that's a stones throw from Reagan National, the Potomac, and the Pentagon. The posh condo that JCA lives in no doubt has a perfect view of the Mall and fireworks. :mg:
nah, I overlook a McCormick and Schmick's and a closed bar on top of it.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1741: January 21, 2021, 04:09:48 PM »
How I envision the planning of the inauguration special went:

“We can’t have any inauguration balls, or parades, or dinners or concerts. Plus we didn’t have to pay for nearly as much travel as usual. So we have a lot  left in the inauguration fund. Should we refund donors or roll it over?”

“Absolutely not. Spend all that crap on fireworks.”

“But it’s quite a bit of money”

“All. That. crap. On. Fireworks.”

Online imref

« Reply #1742: January 21, 2021, 04:22:10 PM »

“We can’t have any inauguration balls, or parades, or dinners or concerts. Plus we didn’t have to pay for nearly as much travel as usual. So we have a lot  left in the inauguration fund. Should we refund donors or roll it over?”

:hysterical:

WP says they were heard as far as 15 miles away.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1743: January 21, 2021, 04:26:45 PM »
Yah. The show on the 4th is gonna have to beat it so, expect to be able to see them from Manassas and Frederick.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1744: January 21, 2021, 04:36:02 PM »
Yah. The show on the 4th is gonna have to beat it so, expect to be able to see them from Manassas and Frederick.

I hear they are going to put Elon Musk in charge and he's going to launch several SpaceX rockets for the finally.  Just to annoy Bezos at HQ2 so he'll have to top it.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #1745: January 21, 2021, 04:38:24 PM »
I hear they are going to put Elon Musk in charge and he's going to launch several SpaceX rockets for the finally.  Just to annoy Bezos at HQ2 so he'll have to top it.

We might have to have the M&G at your penthouse suite to enjoy that show.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #1746: January 21, 2021, 04:41:12 PM »

:lmao: I was legit getting worried I was going to see the monument blow up, there were SO MANY!!!

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1747: January 22, 2021, 08:31:40 PM »
NBC Sports Network to shut down by the end of the year

That programming shift to USA Network, another NBCUniversal-owned cable channel, includes the National Hockey League and NASCAR races.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/media/nbc-sports-network-shut-down/index.html

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1748: January 22, 2021, 08:33:04 PM »
NBC Sports Network to shut down by the end of the year

That programming shift to USA Network, another NBCUniversal-owned cable channel, includes the National Hockey League and NASCAR races.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/media/nbc-sports-network-shut-down/index.html
but what about the cycling?  Guessing that goes to Peacock

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1749: January 22, 2021, 08:41:01 PM »
but what about the cycling?  Guessing that goes to Peacock

Dunno...wonder about the local on-air talent as well?