Author Topic: Must See TV Thread  (Read 72578 times)

Offline bluestreak

Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #1725: January 13, 2021, 09:54:23 PM »
Next Jeopardy hosts: Katie Couric, Mayim Bialik, Bill Whitaker, Aaron Rodgers

https://deadline.com/2021/01/jeopardy-mayim-bialik-bill-whitaker-lineup-guest-hosts-1234673145/

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1726: January 13, 2021, 09:58:34 PM »
Next Jeopardy hosts: Katie Couric, Mayim Bialik, Bill Whitaker, Aaron Rodgers

https://deadline.com/2021/01/jeopardy-mayim-bialik-bill-whitaker-lineup-guest-hosts-1234673145/
Answer:  It doesn’t exist
Question: What is the Rodgers rate?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1727: January 13, 2021, 09:59:06 PM »
Literally the only thing I know about Olden Polynice is that he’s the answer to a Scottie Pippen trivia question.
I know he played at UVA.

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #1728: January 13, 2021, 10:48:25 PM »
the guy pulling a cliff claven with the "who is the Russian dog" answer was great.

:lol:  I thought the same thing!  "Who are 3 people who've never been in my kitchen?"

About a year or so ago, I heard Dan Patrick's name as a possibility to host.  Speculation that he'd never do it immediately following Alex's passing, but maybe a few years down the road.

I like Ken Jennings, but I think he talks and reads the clues too fast.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a series of unknown guest hosts chosen from auditions, just like contestants are.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #1729: Yesterday at 07:34:51 AM »

I like Ken Jennings, but I think he talks and reads the clues too fast.

I’ve heard several people say this, and I agree that he’s been talking fast, but last year when they re-ran the early Trebek episodes I was struck by how fast he talked in the early years. I’m sure part of that in his case was feeling a need to explain the rules as they went along prior to the show becoming a fixture. I wonder how much of it, in both their cases, might stem from a feeling of pressure to get in as much as possible within the allotted time (recognizing the show is edited)—sort of like how sometimes as a student it felt like there was less time for an exam than there really was.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #1730: Yesterday at 08:34:41 AM »
I’ve heard several people say this, and I agree that he’s been talking fast, but last year when they re-ran the early Trebek episodes I was struck by how fast he talked in the early years. I’m sure part of that in his case was feeling a need to explain the rules as they went along prior to the show becoming a fixture. I wonder how much of it, in both their cases, might stem from a feeling of pressure to get in as much as possible within the allotted time (recognizing the show is edited)—sort of like how sometimes as a student it felt like there was less time for an exam than there really was.
Could be nervousness also. 

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #1731: Yesterday at 09:38:13 AM »
Could be nervousness also. 

He talks about it here:

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #1732: Yesterday at 10:30:05 PM »
James Holzhauer layeth the smack down on The Chase tonight.

Online Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1733: Today at 08:56:03 PM »
There is a PBS show at 9pm tonight about American history that led to the current political divide