Author Topic: Must See TV Thread  (Read 113334 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #475: January 27, 2016, 11:39:14 PM »
I'm not a huge Leoni fan, personally. Not sure she's the right one for this role.

Wha????? I don't even understand :crazy: She's PERFECT for this role!!! ok I am a huge fan and maybe biased but omgosh without her I wouldn't have made it past the first episode!! Now the oldest daughter?  They could've/should've cast anyone else in that role, she gets on my last nerve.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #476: January 27, 2016, 11:43:34 PM »
Wha????? I don't even understand :crazy: She's PERFECT for this role!!! ok I am a huge fan and maybe biased but omgosh without her I wouldn't have made it past the first episode!! Now the oldest daughter?  They could've/should've cast anyone else in that role, she gets on my last nerve.
I think she's supposed to.

Not sure what it is about Leoni. She's ok, but there's something missing, at least in the episodes I've seen so far...

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #477: January 27, 2016, 11:50:19 PM »
I think she's supposed to.

I don't know, I thought we were supposed to be seeing her as some noble anti-establishment idealist and instead she's just a whiny brat :lol:  again it's not great tv but it's pretty good, just really wish they'd find more juicy conflict and stay with it awhile, don't know why tv writers think audiences want everything wrapped up in a neat bow by episode's end  :?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #478: January 28, 2016, 10:28:27 AM »
....   don't know why tv writers think audiences want everything wrapped up in a neat bow by episode's end  :?

...  been that way since I Love Lucy.    My mom used to like Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.    I told her Dr. Quinn is Lucy Ricardo in frontier garb.     Same as LeRoy Jethro Gibbs is Marshall Dillon.     It works and makes the networks billions.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #479: January 28, 2016, 10:33:27 AM »
...  been that way since I Love Lucy.    My mom used to like Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.    I told her Dr. Quinn is Lucy Ricardo in frontier garb.

Funny...I was gonna say Bonanza but figured most folks here would'nt know what the hell I was talking about...  :old:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #480: January 28, 2016, 10:35:28 AM »

Funny...I was gonna say Bonanza but figured most folks here would'nt know what the hell I was talking about...  :old:

True.    I think most of my Bonanza watching was in reruns.    I missed a lot of Bonanza original episodes for a variety of reasons.    :)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #481: January 28, 2016, 01:44:59 PM »
The Expanse is awesome

I'm reading the books.

Colony is good so far

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #482: January 28, 2016, 05:16:54 PM »
True.    I think most of my Bonanza watching was in reruns.    I missed a lot of Bonanza original episodes for a variety of reasons.    :)
I was like that with Seinfeld.  Only saw a few on the first run and then watched them in reruns many times over.

Last show I watched regularly was Hill Street Blues; be careful out there.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #483: January 28, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »
I was like that with Seinfeld.  Only saw a few on the first run and then watched them in reruns many times over.

Seinfeld, Taxi, Cheers, NCIS, Barney Miller  ....   missed all of them the first time through.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #484: January 28, 2016, 05:51:49 PM »

That was such a great show...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #485: January 28, 2016, 05:54:34 PM »
That was such a great show...

Missed that one too.   :)

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #486: January 28, 2016, 05:58:01 PM »
Missed that one too.   :)
It's on Old Guy TV

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #487: January 29, 2016, 02:56:07 PM »
I watched the "opposite" episode of Seinfeld for about the 30th time last night.  It's the one where George decides to do the opposite of what his instincts tell him to do.  Before long he's got a girlfriend, a great job with the Yankees, and he's moving out of his parent's house  It's still LoL funny.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #488: January 29, 2016, 03:01:02 PM »
I watched the "opposite" episode of Seinfeld for about the 30th time last night.  It's the one where George decides to do the opposite of what his instincts tell him to do.  Before long he's got a girlfriend, a great job with the Yankees, and he's moving out of his parent's house  It's still LoL funny.
Rizzo watched it also and has been trying that this offseason.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #489: January 30, 2016, 03:38:15 PM »
Directv dropped Weather Channel a couple of years ago and of course we ended up having a big ice storm here and I couldn't watch any of it because we were stuck with Weather Nation which was relying on people sending in videos they took with their cell phones, I think I called every day and naged but I finally got my Jim Cantore back :)

Weather Channel's Jennifer Delgado, 9 am-noon

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #490: January 30, 2016, 03:44:29 PM »
Cable TV's retro channel, Antenna TV, is showing a marathon of Barney Miller episodes from 1975-1977 featuring Abe Vigoda, who played Fish, TODAY from 4:00 pm until 10:00 pm.

Abe Vigoda passed away this week at the age of 94.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #491: January 30, 2016, 04:42:58 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Weather Channel's Jennifer Delgado, 9 am-noon

Beautiful! If she comes here for our next hurricane I'll get a pic for ya ;)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #492: January 31, 2016, 11:17:53 PM »
Mitlen-Madam Secretary's husband is apparently from Pittsburgh so the whole episode tonight was set there, at one point his sister is accusing him of thinking he's too good for them and says something to the effect of "you don't want to be bothered with us yinzers" I had to laugh :lol:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #493: February 01, 2016, 08:27:19 AM »
Mitlen-Madam Secretary's husband is apparently from Pittsburgh so the whole episode tonight was set there, at one point his sister is accusing him of thinking he's too good for them and says something to the effect of "you don't want to be bothered with us yinzers" I had to laugh :lol:

That line was probably written by somebody from Hollywood.     A real "yunzer" would have said, "F*** you.  Get out and take your secretary with you  ....   and leave the beer."     :)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #494: February 01, 2016, 11:15:51 AM »
That line was probably written by somebody from Hollywood.     A real "yunzer" would have said, "F*** you.  Get out and take your secretary with you  ....   and leave the beer."     :)

Oh they were none too impressed with Madam Secretary that is for sure :lol:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #495: February 01, 2016, 11:16:50 AM »
Oh they were none too impressed with Madam Secretary that is for sure :lol:

I read the synopsis of the episode on one of the sites.   I may check it out when FiOS uploads to "on demand".

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #496: February 01, 2016, 11:19:11 AM »
I read the synopsis of the episode on one of the sites.   I may check it out when FiOS uploads to "on demand".

Good, I'll be curious to get your take on how close they got to getting the right vibe for that area.  It looked to be filmed on location so that's always a plus. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #497: February 01, 2016, 11:22:48 AM »
Good, I'll be curious to get your take on how close they got to getting the right vibe for that area.  It looked to be filmed on location so that's always a plus. 

IMO, there are two distinct vibes to the area.    There are the original blue collar towns/cities and people and there are the wannabes.    They wannabe tough and blue collar but work at the lab.    It changed in the 70s and 80s.    It's like going to a different country for me sometime.    I don't recognize a lot of what's happened to the place.      There's the "yinzers" and there's the "yunzers".    :)    Both have their good and bad sides.   

Offline mitlen

« Reply #498: February 01, 2016, 01:58:38 PM »

It's already "on demand" and I just watched it.    The dad (deceased) described like a lot of the older men (and some of their sons) I knew but   ...   everyone doesn't wear flannel shirts; every room doesn't have different wall coverings; kids no longer wear Mike Wallace (too young to remember Joe Gilliam) Steelers' throwbacks; not too many TV's with rabbit ears  ...  hell even my old man had cable; there would never have been a dart board on a bedroom wall.   Mom would have banned it before she passed away and that law would be in perpetuity.   People do bring food over for funerals; they didn't speak "Pittsburghese" and the Secretary didn't sit Maureen down 'cause she's afraid the Protective Service would have to rescue her ass. 

I did enjoy the story line however.   Certainly looked like a middle class Pittsburgh area neighborhood  ...   maybe upper middle.   I was  lookin' for landmarks but didn't see too many familiar to me.   

BTW I always wondered what happened to Frazier's ex.  :)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #499: February 01, 2016, 03:28:19 PM »
It's already "on demand" and I just watched it.    The dad (deceased) described like a lot of the older men (and some of their sons) I knew but   ...   everyone doesn't wear flannel shirts; every room doesn't have different wall coverings; kids no longer wear Mike Wallace (too young to remember Joe Gilliam) Steelers' throwbacks; not too many TV's with rabbit ears  ...  hell even my old man had cable; there would never have been a dart board on a bedroom wall.   Mom would have banned it before she passed away and that law would be in perpetuity.   People do bring food over for funerals; they didn't speak "Pittsburghese" and the Secretary didn't sit Maureen down 'cause she's afraid the Protective Service would have to rescue her ass. 

I did enjoy the story line however.   Certainly looked like a middle class Pittsburgh area neighborhood  ...   maybe upper middle.   I was  lookin' for landmarks but didn't see too many familiar to me.   

BTW I always wondered what happened to Frazier's ex.  :)

Bebe is terrific in everything ;)
Yea I thought they were heavy-handed in the shabby house interior but they tried with the Pittsburgh lingo, Maureen did say "yinzer", right?  Or did she use it all wrong?