Author Topic: Must See TV Thread  (Read 113444 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #375: October 19, 2015, 08:06:14 PM »
She's back. Talked to her at church on Sunday. She made it through the auditions, so come February, I'm going to religiously watch a show I never thought I'd have any interest in...

You're a good friend :thumbs: tell us her name when it comes on, we'll get her the WNFF vote :)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #376: October 21, 2015, 09:45:18 PM »
"This Is Life With Lisa Ling" on CNN is pretty good.    I've seen quite a few of the episodes.   

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #377: October 21, 2015, 09:49:14 PM »
"This Is Life With Lisa Ling" on CNN is pretty good.
Saw one of her shows last year on CNN--about the Catholic priests.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #378: October 21, 2015, 09:51:23 PM »
When is the show on ?

"This Is Life With Lisa Ling" on CNN is pretty good.   

Offline mitlen

« Reply #379: October 21, 2015, 09:53:50 PM »
When is the show on ?

Now   ...  9-10 on Wednesdays.   Tonight was a father/daughter "dance" at the Richmond jail.    I saw "The Mongols" a few weeks ago.    Saw "Sugar Daddies" a month or so ago.    She takes it to a different place.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #380: October 23, 2015, 02:56:59 PM »
Restrepo is worth seeing if you have netflix

Offline mitlen

« Reply #381: October 23, 2015, 03:16:58 PM »
Restrepo is worth seeing if you have netflix

I saw that a few years ago.   My buddy recommended it.   It'll get to ya.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #382: October 25, 2015, 06:22:20 PM »
Worst one ever.

Last week was the poorly written The Simpsons Halloween of Horror . I knew it wasn't a true Treehouse when the crazy end credits were normal credits. TONIGHT is the new and presumably better Treehouse of Horror XXVI (2015) at 8:00 PM on FOX..

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #383: October 30, 2015, 11:41:20 PM »

FXX cable network is airing a marathon of every episode of The Simpsons annual Halloween show, "Treehouse of Horror." The first Treehouse episode from 1990 airs on Halloween Saturday Oct 31, 2015 at 11:30 AM and the marathon ends at midnight. (The marathon is preceded by the animated Hotel Transylvania (2012) from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM.)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #384: November 07, 2015, 06:36:48 PM »
My wife likes this show Quanitico. Which, honestly, feels like The OC The College Years to me.

Online Slateman

« Reply #385: November 22, 2015, 04:25:23 PM »
Man in the High Castle

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #386: November 22, 2015, 05:13:50 PM »

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #387: November 23, 2015, 12:18:41 PM »
All my shows are going on hiatus within the next week to 10 days.

What the hell am I going to watch for the next 6-8 weeks?

Offline dracnal

« Reply #388: November 23, 2015, 12:22:25 PM »

Pick a show on Netflix and binge on back seasons?

Online Slateman

« Reply #389: November 23, 2015, 12:29:10 PM »
Netflix?
Amazon. They're throwing themselves in to the video streaming service and so far, they're looking strong.

Pick a show on Netflix and binge on back seasons?
This.  What kind of shows do you like? Off the top of my head, I'd start working my way through Top Gear.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #390: November 23, 2015, 12:36:28 PM »
Amazon. They're throwing themselves in to the video streaming service and so far, they're looking strong.This.  What kind of shows do you like? Off the top of my head, I'd start working my way through Top Gear.
Amazon Prime has a $49.99 deal - pretty sure I'm going to sign up for that.

Is the Amazon Prime video streaming compatible with Chromecast? If not, the FireTV stick only $30...

I've watched plenty of Top Gear. Best episode is the snow beast that they made from a combine and then took to Finland and wrecked half the town....

What do I like? I enjoyed Orange is the New Black. I like the Walking Dead but the Glen is dead, or now not dead thing is their "jump the shark moment". On Netflix, I think the Fargo series is where I'd start.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #391: November 23, 2015, 01:04:37 PM »
You're the worst is on hulu and worth binge watching

Offline PC

« Reply #392: November 25, 2015, 06:14:07 AM »
Master of None on Netflix is very good.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #393: December 02, 2015, 10:49:45 PM »
Destination America is rebranding to The Paranormal Channel, with, as you can guess, paranormal focused programming.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #394: December 20, 2015, 10:56:59 PM »
Tonight on Fox, the Miss Universe Pageant ended in spectacular fashion. An award show finally had a need to rely on the auditors from the accounting firm of... in this case, Ernst and Young.

Miss Universe 2015, Miss Philippines YEOOWWEE!!

Steve Harvey was the host, and I thought he did a great job. He announced how the judges evaluate the swimsuit competition by saying "Confidence and poise....... um...RIGHT! Why do you think Fox is airing the swimsuit competition before the football game starts? Because they know MEN will watch it... Confidence and poise..."

Steve Harvey announced Miss USA as the second runner up, and there was a long pause, as the final two women awaited the decision.  After he announced that Miss Columbia was the Miss Universe winner, they put the crown and sash on her, gave her flowers, and had her walk to the front of the stage. Miss Colombia 2014 had won Miss Universe last year, so her hug of her fellow countrywoman was especially warm.

THEN Steve Harvey said, "I apologize... Miss Colombia is the first runner up. The winner is Miss Philippines (who had led all night in the audience votes.) There was a pause. The camera showed Miss Philippines in disbelief, who was still standing in the runner up part of the stage. Steve Harvey held up the card and said that he misread it, "The card is correct, it says Miss Colombia is runner up. I read it wrong." The numerous and loud supporters from the Philippines began cheering, but Miss Philippines still looked bewildered.

Miss Philippines walked slowly to the front of the stage, next to the improperly crowned Miss Columbia. The 2014 winner took the crown off Miss Colombia's head and put it on Miss Philippines' head. Miss Colombia was still wearing the Miss Universe sash. The show had run overtime by two minutes, and they cut immediately to the 10 pm news.
 :hysterical:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #395: December 20, 2015, 11:03:03 PM »
My daughter was FaceTiming me while she was watching it, omg we alternated between laughing and feeling SO badly for poor Miss Colombia :(

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #396: December 20, 2015, 11:58:50 PM »

Second runner up Miss USA told Miss Philippines twice that she
was the winner, after Steve Harvey announced his correction.

“I will take responsibility for this,” a chagrined Harvey told the screaming crowd as he held up the card from which he’d been reading. “It was my mistake… I can show it to you right here.” He added: “Still a great night. Please don’t hold it against the ladies.” Then Gutierrez bent down so Miss Universe 2014 Paulina Vega could remove the crown Miss Colombia been awarded and place it on Wurtzbach’s head.

Note that Miss Colombia is still wearing the Miss
Universe sash, as the crown is removed and handed to
Miss Philippines.

Here is the video of the final 3 minutes of the Miss Universe Pageant:
http://tvline.com/2015/12/20/miss-universe-steve-harvey-wrong-name-miss-colombia-philippines/

There is actually a poll that asks if Steve Harvey made the mistake on purpose, to get publicity for the pageant.
 :hysterical:

Someone drove their car into a crowd of 37 people outside the hotel where the pageant was held. Authorities were trying to determine if it was a terrorist attack.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #397: December 21, 2015, 10:33:07 AM »
They're both champs in my book.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #398: December 21, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »
They're both champs in my book.

haha it was kind of hard to feel TOO badly for Colombia, when they were standing next to each other I said to my daughter those were two of the prettiest women I'd ever see, absolutely gorgeous the both of them!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #399: December 21, 2015, 10:49:33 AM »
haha it was kind of hard to feel TOO badly for Colombia, when they were standing next to each other I said to my daughter those were two of the prettiest women I'd ever see, absolutely gorgeous the both of them!
To think I could have been watching that with my wife rather than seeing the Eagles crap the bed again.