Author Topic: Must See TV Thread  (Read 115009 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #325: July 12, 2015, 11:16:28 PM »
Voyager has some good episodes (and some BAD ones - Threshold for one), but is worth watching.  DS9 isn't the greatest in the first few seasons, but it has some really great ones there.  Duet is one, I think season 2, the one with Gul Dar'heel / Amin Maritza.  But by the later seasons it becomes consistently great pretty much every episode.  Just like TNG comes into itsown when Riker grows the beard, DS9 becomes better when Sisko goes fully bald with a beard :lol:

There was something about the minor characters on that show. All had stories that seemed perfectly interwoven.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #326: July 14, 2015, 09:45:32 AM »
MASN is showing Strasburg's first game right now.  It is very different listening to Rob Dibble than FP.  Every other word describing Strasburg is "kid".

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #327: July 14, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »
There was something about the minor characters on that show. All had stories that seemed perfectly interwoven.
They were all good but I'm partial to Garak.  Or maybe Martok.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #328: July 14, 2015, 04:27:40 PM »
DS9 isn't the greatest in the first few seasons, but it has some really great ones there.  Duet is one, I think season 2, the one with Gul Dar'heel / Amin Maritza.  But by the later seasons it becomes consistently great pretty much every episode.  Just like TNG comes into itsown when Riker grows the beard, DS9 becomes better when Sisko goes fully bald with a beard :lol:

Honestly I thought everything after season 1 was solid to good.  Season 2 had plenty of strong episodes, and S3 onward started ramping up the Dominion arc.  It was just S1 that had some truly cringe-worthy episodes (Move Along Home, If Wishes Were Horses) and some really dull ones (Progress).  But even S1 had some gems as well (Duet is actually late S1)

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #329: July 17, 2015, 11:45:58 PM »
First Peoples on PBS is interesting stuff.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #330: July 22, 2015, 09:55:44 PM »
The first 15 minutes of tonight's SyFy channel premiere of Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! takes place in Washington DC. I only saw a few minutes of it before the opening credits. It was spectacular and hilarious.

They've added actors and actresses who've largely been out of work, including Frankie Muniz, Bo Derek, David Hasselhoff, plus Penn & Teller and the Today Show Asshosts.... The DC location opening will be rerun tonight from 11:05 pm to 11:20 pm.

Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!

Defending the White House

From Sharknado

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #331: August 23, 2015, 06:04:13 PM »

The Walking Dead spin-off, Fear the Walking Dead, premieres on cable TVs AMC channel tonight at 9:00 pm, after a one-hour preview on The Talking Dead with Chris Hardwick at 8:00 pm.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #332: August 24, 2015, 09:55:48 AM »
Am kind of enjoying Killjoys so far. Best way to describe my first take (from the first two episodes): Take the firefly setting (minus the cowboy thing) and make the main characters bounty hunters tracking down people the Company wants dealt with.

Add in a talking, intelligent ship a mysterious assassin upbringing for one of the chars and somewhat over the top sci-fi action and it's a good time. Don't expect deep plots and you shouldn't be disappointed.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #333: August 24, 2015, 09:34:13 PM »
Since there's no game tonight, 2IPAs decided to try the 1st & 2nd episodes of "Orange Is The New Black".  Very interesting ...

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980
« Reply #334: August 27, 2015, 11:00:27 PM »
Mr Robot

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #335: September 01, 2015, 07:11:47 PM »

CBS's Person of Interest reruns are now being shown on cable TV's WGN. Pilot episode Tues Sept 1, 2015 at 7 pm, followed by the next two one-hour episodes. Then Wed 10 pm until 1 am.

Former CIA agent Reese (Jim Caviezel) -- now presumed dead -- and billionaire software genius Finch (Michael Emerson) join forces as a vigilante crime-fighting team. Using Finch's program, which employs pattern recognition to determine individuals who will soon be involved in violent crimes, they combine Reese's covert-operations training and Finch's money and cyberskills to stop crimes before they happen.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #336: September 01, 2015, 07:33:13 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
CBS's Person of Interest reruns are now being shown on cable TV's WGN. Pilot episode Tues Sept 1, 2015 at 7 pm, followed by the next two one-hour episodes. Then Wed 10 pm until 1 am.

Former CIA agent Reese (Jim Caviezel) -- now presumed dead -- and billionaire software genius Finch (Michael Emerson) join forces as a vigilante crime-fighting team. Using Finch's program, which employs pattern recognition to determine individuals who will soon be involved in violent crimes, they combine Reese's covert-operations training and Finch's money and cyberskills to stop crimes before they happen.

That looks like Dana.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #337: September 03, 2015, 01:51:09 AM »
Why do I have to wait months for a new season of Mr. Robot?!?

It's the best show on TV right now. Check it out... just had the season finale tonight.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #338: September 09, 2015, 12:00:57 AM »
So far real-Colbert is not as funny as fake-Colbert :(

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #339: September 09, 2015, 04:17:08 AM »
More guests mean a different structure, as well as it's not the Comedy Channel

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #340: September 09, 2015, 08:54:16 AM »

I tuned in last night to see what there was to see.    I've determined that I'm not the demographic he's seeking.    :)    The set, the monologue, camera angle from just above Colbert's head in the opening    ....   what's up with the guy playing a recorder?    He may be the crapz but I'm not into hipster bands.    I'll go back to Fallon tonight.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #341: September 09, 2015, 08:56:50 AM »
I'll stick with Kimmel; Corden is the best of the current crop, but I don't stay up that late

Offline Optics

« Reply #342: September 09, 2015, 10:44:11 AM »
Narcos is quite good. Only 4 episodes through so far and loving it.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #343: September 09, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »
Narcos is quite good. Only 4 episodes through so far and loving it.

I'm looking forward to getting into the series.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #344: September 09, 2015, 07:36:16 PM »
mr robot was great

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #345: September 13, 2015, 08:27:42 PM »
Does Netflix release all of their series all at once?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #346: September 21, 2015, 09:11:11 PM »
Uh, so I'm watching The Voice for the first time ever. I've got a friend who's going to be on it, not sure which night. I'm as nervous as I was during the playoffs...

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #347: September 21, 2015, 09:31:42 PM »
Uh, so I'm watching The Voice for the first time ever. I've got a friend who's going to be on it, not sure which night. I'm as nervous as I was during the playoffs...

I'm at the gym and can watch 2 TVs, which one is your friend?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #348: September 21, 2015, 09:38:55 PM »
I'm at the gym and can watch 2 TVs, which one is your friend?
Hasn't been on yet. She hasn't been on any of the teasers yet, I'm thinking she'll be on tomorrow's episode.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #349: September 21, 2015, 09:54:42 PM »
Hasn't been on yet. She hasn't been on any of the teasers yet, I'm thinking she'll be on tomorrow's episode.

Ah ok, a few years ago my sisters best friends daughter was on Idol, she made it through Hollywood week and we were all so excited and then the show was all "oh whoops we have one too many" and poor 15 year old Gabi was told she'd be the last one cut, broke my heart watching her cry on tv all because the show needed some drama so I've never watched that awful show since-that said keep us posted how your friend does!