Author Topic: Must See TV Thread  (Read 113429 times)

Offline Bloo

Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #250: May 18, 2015, 10:39:52 PM »
What part of having sex on your marriage night do you not understand?

Apparently kinky rough sex is "rape" in today's culture. The only thing that was wrong about that scene was making Theon watch what was basically a little sister to him get plowed by the man who cut off his manhood.

Plus Sophie Turner has stated in an interview she loved doing that scene so...its a non-issue. But i'll be damned if I don't shut my mouth and let the femnazis skewer it the way they want to.

Through out human history we have evolved beyond past social behaviors....and getting pissed at a show that is fictional and medieval in nature is hilarious. I rather my shows be edgy than restrained and curtailed to the wishes of the crybaby minority.

Dude you getting defensive over this really creepy. Then again this is the internet so I shouldn't be that surprised.

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #251: May 18, 2015, 11:47:48 PM »
Dude you getting defensive over this really creepy. Then again this is the internet so I shouldn't be that surprised.

It just gets to be annoying when I see people on facebook complain about things in television shows and treat it like its real life. I can't obviously yell at how stupid they are on facebook because then I am the sexist chauvinist pig so I just say my piece on here lol. I don't expect anyone to listen I just thought it wasn't a big deal given the lengths this show has gone.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #252: May 19, 2015, 07:58:43 AM »
The choreography of that fight was terrible, but...  Watch closely.  They show Bronn getting cut by Obara.  She's known to have skills in poisons.

Also, earlier in the episode, Bronn is singing "The Dornishman's Wife" and got cut off by Jamie before the ending:

"Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done,the Dornishman's taken my life,But what does it matter, for all men must die,and I've tasted the Dornishman's wife!"

Foreshadowing?

According to the wiki it was Tyene who is the expert in poisons, but for show purposes you are probably right that Bronn is a goner, particularly since he doesn't seem central to the remaining plot.  Killing him off is a good way to establish the sand snakes as being bad asses.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #253: May 19, 2015, 10:04:57 AM »
A good way to piss me off.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #254: May 19, 2015, 01:35:25 PM »
A good way to piss me off.

All men must die.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #255: May 19, 2015, 06:53:25 PM »
Does GoT even have protagonists?

Offline Bloo

« Reply #256: May 20, 2015, 12:45:36 AM »
The Flash Finale was great. Felt straight out of a comic book with the time travel and consequential pandemonium that occurred. Much better than that "other" show.

Offline sph274

« Reply #257: May 20, 2015, 01:45:04 PM »
killing bronn off sure would be edgy guys eh?!! it is a parody of itself at this point, none of the characters are even remotely interesting and the acting is not really very good

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #258: May 20, 2015, 06:47:51 PM »
Saw the last minutes of "The Voice" last night.    Glad I've never seen it before.    Nor will I ever see it again.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #259: May 20, 2015, 07:29:09 PM »
I've only watched Letterman around Christmas time when he has Darlene Love on.    I will watch his final show tonight.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #260: May 20, 2015, 07:47:53 PM »

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #261: May 20, 2015, 08:05:00 PM »
Does GoT even have protagonists?

Jaime is the protagonist protecting the world of men against Bran, the antagonist, representing the children and the world of magic. Theirs was the first conflict and will be the last.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #262: May 20, 2015, 11:38:17 PM »
Anyone else watching Dave's last show?  I haven't watched him in a couple of years but man before that he was a staple of my late nights, he was truly an original when he started out. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #263: May 21, 2015, 08:04:14 AM »
I watched him on Sunday Morning and he just seemed very sad

Offline dracnal

« Reply #264: May 21, 2015, 10:17:46 AM »
Jaime is the protagonist protecting the world of men against Bran, the antagonist, representing the children and the world of magic. Theirs was the first conflict and will be the last.

I'm guessing you also felt the Cobra Kai were the heroes of Karate Kid?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #265: May 21, 2015, 11:12:54 AM »
We taped it, but haven't watched it yet

Anyone else watching Dave's last show?  I haven't watched him in a couple of years but man before that he was a staple of my late nights, he was truly an original when he started out. 

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #266: May 21, 2015, 11:53:45 AM »

i watched but fell asleep after the top ten list, and found out this morning that it ran long so the DVR cut off before it ended.  Back in the 80's I'd watch it every night, but it has been many years since i've watched.  The taco bell skit last night was really good

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #267: May 21, 2015, 12:59:03 PM »
i watched but fell asleep after the top ten list, and found out this morning that it ran long so the DVR cut off before it ended.  Back in the 80's I'd watch it every night, but it has been many years since i've watched.  The taco bell skit last night was really good

Yea it ran a good 10 minutes long, after the star-studded top ten it was pretty low key and just very kind of sweet, he introduced his wife and son and his son's friend and you can just sort of tell he's done, he's just ready to go off and be with them.  Foo Fighters killed it on Everlong at the end and watching the montage made me very nostalgic, I remembered watching so many of those shows.  Yea the Taco Bell skit was so funny ("you're not the manager" "yes I am" "no you're not" "yes I am" I was cracking up lol)  He had Rupert on the night before and re-ran a skit where he's on the walkie-talkie telling Rupert what to say, I'd forgotten he used to do that and it was so funny.  Anyway I haven't done late night tv in a while (Kimmel and Fallon both get on my nerves) but I have a feeling I might love Colbert, looking forward to his show. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #268: May 21, 2015, 01:02:14 PM »
Yea it ran a good 10 minutes long, after the star-studded top ten it was pretty low key and just very kind of sweet, he introduced his wife and son and his son's friend and you can just sort of tell he's done, he's just ready to go off and be with them.  Foo Fighters killed it on Everlong at the end and watching the montage made me very nostalgic, I remembered watching so many of those shows.  Yea the Taco Bell skit was so funny ("you're not the manager" "yes I am" "no you're not" "yes I am" I was cracking up lol)  He had Rupert on the night before and re-ran a skit where he's on the walkie-talkie telling Rupert what to say, I'd forgotten he used to do that and it was so funny.  Anyway I haven't done late night tv in a while (Kimmel and Fallon both get on my nerves) but I have a feeling I might love Colbert, looking forward to his show. 

I've started to like watchin' Fallon's monologue and the segment(s) right after them.     My dilemma is what am I gonna do when Stewart signs off?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #269: May 21, 2015, 01:04:51 PM »
My dilemma is what am I gonna do when Stewart signs off?

hope Colbert is good?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #270: May 21, 2015, 01:05:42 PM »
I hope Colbert is as funny as he seems like he can be.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #271: May 21, 2015, 01:06:53 PM »
hope Colbert is good?

He's dumping the shtick so that's unlikely.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #272: May 21, 2015, 01:10:42 PM »
He's dumping the shtick so that's unlikely.

The shtick wore on me after awhile; he seems to be a really sharp guy, I'm betting that the real Colbert is going to be funnier than the character. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #273: May 21, 2015, 01:15:25 PM »
I've seen the real Steven in interviews and such.  He's clever and thoughtful.  He's going to be a great interviewer.
The shtick wore on me after awhile; he seems to be a really sharp guy, I'm betting that the real Colbert is going to be funnier than the character.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #274: May 21, 2015, 04:14:03 PM »
I'm guessing you also felt the Cobra Kai were the heroes of Karate Kid?

What are you talking about? Billy Zabka was totally the protagonist of KK.