Author Topic: Must See TV Thread  (Read 113331 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #175: April 18, 2015, 08:42:52 AM »
Lost was great. It doesn't hold up when comparing it to the great serial dramas of all time (The Wire, Sopranos, 6 Feet Under, Breaking Bad etc) IMO, but it will probably go down as the last great network show in my head. 

And a big part of that show was that everyone was watching it as it unfolded. If you missed the water cooler discussions after every episode you're missing part of what made it special. I doubt there will be another great show with that kind of mass appeal again.

And I don't mean like all your friends were watching it. I mean all your friends were watching it and the office manager lady nearing retirement would seek you out to bounce some philosophical theory about the show off of you. It was special.

And some people still don't understand the ending. SMH.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #176: April 18, 2015, 09:26:21 AM »
It was a little safe but I liked it. Justified is terribly underrated among recent serial dramas.

I feel like the shootout served as an alternate ending if the writers had wanted to go that way.
Indeed. Quality  writing and character development.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #177: April 18, 2015, 10:08:56 AM »
A couple of the best recent characters on television as well.

Online Slateman

« Reply #178: April 18, 2015, 10:22:34 AM »
Indeed. I've decided I'm going to buy Givens' holster. Just because.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #179: April 18, 2015, 10:51:07 AM »
Better than the Shield ending?

Online Slateman

« Reply #180: April 18, 2015, 11:43:55 AM »
Better than the Shield ending?
I honestly don't remember The Shield's ending. But this ending really suited the way the show played out.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #181: April 18, 2015, 01:56:13 PM »
My parents watch Justified. I'll have to let them know the final season has happened.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #182: April 19, 2015, 11:37:46 PM »
Did anyone watch High Profits on CNN?  About a couple who opened a medical marijuana dispensary on Main St. in Breckenridge a few years ago banking on pot becoming legal soon, and then it did.  They filmed them right before it became legal and in the few days after, also filmed city council meetings where they want to kick them out of their prime Main Street location "to protect the tourists and their families" or some such nonsense, despite the fact that the rest of the street is basically all bars. Having just been in Colorado I know the state hasn't devolved into reefer madness but it's still a cool look at what these kind of pioneering people are having to go through, I'm not sure how many episodes there are but it seems to be a recurring series, hopefully this helps other states take the same steps Colorado has.   

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #183: April 19, 2015, 11:40:31 PM »
Game of Thrones spoilers from tonight's episode Jamie and Bronn road trip to Dorne, can't wait!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #184: April 20, 2015, 10:21:16 AM »
Hippie doper.

Did anyone watch High Profits on CNN?  About a couple who opened a medical marijuana dispensary on Main St. in Breckenridge a few years ago banking on pot becoming legal soon, and then it did.  They filmed them right before it became legal and in the few days after, also filmed city council meetings where they want to kick them out of their prime Main Street location "to protect the tourists and their families" or some such nonsense, despite the fact that the rest of the street is basically all bars. Having just been in Colorado I know the state hasn't devolved into reefer madness but it's still a cool look at what these kind of pioneering people are having to go through, I'm not sure how many episodes there are but it seems to be a recurring series, hopefully this helps other states take the same steps Colorado has.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #185: April 20, 2015, 03:12:55 PM »
Hippie doper.

:pimp:

haha no I was never a huge smoker back in the day but man how people think it's this crazy harmful drug that leads anyone who tries it to ruin is beyond me :smh: I know SO many successful, upstanding citizens that instead of pouring a drink at night take a toke, not to mention how many people could benefit from a natural pain reliever instead of the pills big pharmacy pushes on us it just makes me so angry that it's not legal it really does  >:(

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #186: April 20, 2015, 03:18:41 PM »

haha no I was never a huge smoker back in the day but man how people think it's this crazy harmful drug that leads anyone who tries it to ruin is beyond me :smh: I know SO many successful, upstanding citizens that instead of pouring a drink at night take a toke, not to mention how many people could benefit from a natural pain reliever instead of the pills big pharmacy pushes on us it just makes me so angry that it's not legal it really does  >:(

to be fair, opium is a natural pain reliever

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #187: April 20, 2015, 04:30:09 PM »
But did you inhale ?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #188: April 20, 2015, 04:39:15 PM »
Angry hippie doper! :D

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #189: April 20, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #190: April 20, 2015, 05:07:53 PM »

Offline Nathan

« Reply #191: April 20, 2015, 05:28:14 PM »
Angry hippie doper! :D

She needs something to take the edge off :pimp:

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #192: April 20, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »

righteous post dude

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #193: April 20, 2015, 06:22:39 PM »
Shark Tank is the best show on network tv right now.

Its actually interesting and it helps the economy.

I want to get a bottle breacher...look it up.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #194: April 20, 2015, 06:58:12 PM »
Game of Thrones spoilers from tonight's episode Jamie and Bronn road trip to Dorne, can't wait!

Normally I'd be annoyed by changes from the book but they're doing a really good job of matching up characters in order to reduce the number of concurrent plot lines, Varys/Tyrion, Jaime/Bronn, Sansa-Littlefinger/Brienne-Pod, and Arya/Jaqen. They're also improving on the boring as hell Daenerys plot line. Although I'm thinking that if they had to cut one major location I'd have picked Dorne instead of the Iron Islands. Can we now fast forward to Cersei's walk of shame?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #195: April 20, 2015, 07:15:41 PM »
they condensed an entire book of Daenerys's plot into like, an eight-minute chunk of 2 episodes. So happy because she is awful in ADWD.

i am disappointed in the season so far but am very excited for what is in store in the next few episodes.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #196: April 20, 2015, 08:01:53 PM »
Normally I'd be annoyed by changes from the book but they're doing a really good job of matching up characters in order to reduce the number of concurrent plot lines, Varys/Tyrion, Jaime/Bronn, Sansa-Littlefinger/Brienne-Pod, and Arya/Jaqen. They're also improving on the boring as hell Daenerys plot line. Although I'm thinking that if they had to cut one major location I'd have picked Dorne instead of the Iron Islands. Can we now fast forward to Cersei's walk of shame?

But Dorne has Dr. Bashir!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #197: April 20, 2015, 08:26:58 PM »
they condensed an entire book of Daenerys's plot into like, an eight-minute chunk of 2 episodes. So happy because she is awful in ADWD.

i am disappointed in the season so far but am very excited for what is in store in the next few episodes.

is not awful

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #198: April 20, 2015, 08:56:24 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

is not awful
In 900+ pages of text where nothing happens but her arguing with her advisers, awful is right on target. 

Offline PC

« Reply #199: April 21, 2015, 01:06:01 AM »

MSNBC ran a series of shows this past fall, Pot Barons of Colorado.  I discovered that I went to high school with one of the Barons.