Author Topic: Must See TV Thread  (Read 114801 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #125: April 01, 2015, 08:05:01 PM »
Better Call Saul is pretty great.

Season 3 of House of Cards was very disappointing.

Justified is as great as always.

The Americans is probably my favorite show on television right now.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #126: April 01, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »
Any discernable difference?

Sixers are funnier.    :)

65-42 at the half

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #127: April 01, 2015, 08:12:14 PM »
In terms of entertaining, staying in power is much harder for a TV show (as opposed to being the opposition)

Season 3 of House of Cards was very disappointing.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #128: April 02, 2015, 09:27:14 AM »
True, but still. Claire went from the best character on the show to being as annoying as Brody's daughter. I get what they were trying to do in terms of themes and character development, but she was really obnoxious. Her having the meltdown on television in front of Petrov was just ridiculous and was the jump the shark moment for me.

I know people loved Petrov, but such an exact replica of Putin was kinda hamfisted IMO.

Stamper's storyling was great, though.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #129: April 02, 2015, 05:14:12 PM »
claire sucks

claire = skylar

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #130: April 02, 2015, 10:23:13 PM »
Anyone watching Bloodlines on Netflix? Kyle Chandler is the best.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #131: April 02, 2015, 11:30:47 PM »
I caught up on it over the weekend and I like it. I just wish they got rid of the crackhead and all her scenes.

:shock:  You should wish to win the lottery now :lol:
I was actually coming on here to say that I thought she was fantastic, I mean I didn't like her character but I don't really like anyone on the show, but for what her character was I thought this girl was perfect and she totally added to just the rawness of the whole story. 

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #132: April 05, 2015, 11:16:57 PM »

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #133: April 07, 2015, 01:53:26 PM »
Damn Cap'n, what else do you do?

In relative position it is about equal to watching a Nats game everyday, actually a little less since its only about 2 hours of shows per night. If I watch them every night at their "live" times (which isn't possible with some of them airing at the same time).  Sometimes I have to catch up on watching on Saturday or Sunday.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #134: April 07, 2015, 01:54:41 PM »
In relative position it is about equal to watching a Nats game everyday, actually a little less since its only about 2 hours of shows per night. If I watch them every night at their "live" times (which isn't possible with some of them airing at the same time).  Sometimes I have to catch up on watching on Saturday or Sunday.

Hmmm, never thought of it that way.    Do you have a showday thread/blog with your buddies?

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #135: April 07, 2015, 02:09:01 PM »

I don't watch much vampire stuff it is overproduced. Ever since the twilight stuff I avoid undead shows like the plague. Also I don't like watching TV on my computer, its bad enough when a DVD I own or am renting is so messed up (or just a plain "all regions" DVD) I can only watch it on my computer. For me it is mostly a matter of of being stuborn against the technology. That and being a bit old fashioned. TV shows and movies are for watching on your TV not your computer. The internet is for you computer. The occasional music video or short video clip is fine for computer watching but anything more than 1/2 hour of programing and I'm squirming more than a five year old in time out in the corner. It also comes from memories of the early days of the internet when the slow modem speeds took an hour just to download one tiny little sliver of a picture, or 30 minutes just to download 2.39 seconds of a video. Not to mention I don't always trust the internet connections.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #136: April 07, 2015, 02:14:54 PM »
Do you have a showday thread/blog with your buddies?

You mean Facebook?  :lol: hmm that seems to be where I do the most "chatting" about the shows I watch. I do occassionaly check the forum boards on imdb.com. Other than that I don't really socialize about my shows.

If I watched Game of Thrones I'd NEVER have any time to chat with friends. I think after an episode I'd be huddled in my bed crying over a character that surprisingly lasted as long as 1.45 episodes.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #137: April 07, 2015, 02:17:56 PM »
You mean Facebook?  :lol: hmm that seems to be where I do the most "chatting" about the shows I watch. I do occassionaly check the forum boards on imdb.com. Other than that I don't really socialize about my shows.

If I watched Game of Thrones I'd NEVER have any time to chat with friends. I think after an episode I'd be huddled in my bed crying over a character that surprisingly lasted as long as 1.45 episodes.

Missus says someone's always dying in Game of Thrones.    I guess it's like watching Espi-NO-sa bat.    :)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #138: April 07, 2015, 02:19:18 PM »
HoC was fine until the godawful season finale, and Stamper's storyline was a complete waste of time.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #139: April 07, 2015, 02:26:11 PM »
I don't watch much vampire stuff it is overproduced. Ever since the twilight stuff I avoid undead shows like the plague. Also I don't like watching TV on my computer, its bad enough when a DVD I own or am renting is so messed up (or just a plain "all regions" DVD) I can only watch it on my computer. For me it is mostly a matter of of being stuborn against the technology. That and being a bit old fashioned. TV shows and movies are for watching on your TV not your computer. The internet is for you computer. The occasional music video or short video clip is fine for computer watching but anything more than 1/2 hour of programing and I'm squirming more than a five year old in time out in the corner. It also comes from memories of the early days of the internet when the slow modem speeds took an hour just to download one tiny little sliver of a picture, or 30 minutes just to download 2.39 seconds of a video. Not to mention I don't always trust the internet connections.

I'm so confused. What do vampires have to do with Bloodlines? A show about a family that runs a resort and deals with a black sheep sibling?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #140: April 07, 2015, 03:39:08 PM »

i watched that show simply because of Kyle Chandler, and i loved it. it moved very slowly, but the last 2 episodes were freaking awesome.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #141: April 07, 2015, 06:08:37 PM »
Did anyone see the HBO show on the Church of Scientology ?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #142: April 07, 2015, 06:12:27 PM »
Did anyone see the HBO show on the Church of Scientology ?

Missus and I watched it.   

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #143: April 07, 2015, 11:00:02 PM »
Drew Magary was on Chopped tonight, and won :lol: the man can write and cook apparently!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #144: April 07, 2015, 11:29:10 PM »
Drew Magary was on Chopped tonight, and won :lol: the man can write and cook apparently!

HAHAHAHA he won?!?!

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #145: April 08, 2015, 10:13:35 AM »
HAHAHAHA he won?!?!

He sure did, boy knows his way around a kitchen. If I could ever figure out how to save/post a gif I'd have included the one of him "dancing" and giving the thumbs up after he won, it's priceless :lol:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #146: April 08, 2015, 11:34:05 AM »

Everything Chico Harlan wishes he were.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #147: April 08, 2015, 11:41:19 AM »

Can't (like, +1, etc. etc.) this post enough.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #148: April 08, 2015, 11:42:37 AM »

:spit:  awesome :clap:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #149: April 08, 2015, 12:08:51 PM »
He sure did, boy knows his way around a kitchen. If I could ever figure out how to save/post a gif I'd have included the one of him "dancing" and giving the thumbs up after he won, it's priceless :lol:

Got it...