Author Topic: Must See TV Thread  (Read 115040 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #75: February 16, 2015, 06:50:55 PM »
I wish history related programming would air on the History Channel instead of aliens and pawn stars all the time.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #76: February 16, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »
I wish history related programming would air on the History Channel instead of aliens and pawn stars all the time.

they ran out of WWII shows to keep rearing.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #77: February 16, 2015, 08:27:30 PM »
There's always Vikings . . .

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #78: February 16, 2015, 09:53:42 PM »
You know what I wish would get re-done? The Sharpe series that used to air on History Channel from time to time. Good made for TV movie.

Horatio Hornblower is decent too, same basic idea just at sea

Online dracnal

« Reply #79: February 16, 2015, 10:04:07 PM »
Thanks much for the head's up about QI, Nathan. Managed to stream an episode off Hulu and found it quite entertaining.  I expect the wife and I will add it to the regular watch list and I'm tempted to reup my Hulu Plus subscription to watch the episodes they have available.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #80: February 19, 2015, 09:06:47 AM »
Norm McDonald sent out more than 100 tweets about the SNL40, including tweets about their effort to get Eddie Murphy to do Bill Cosby in celebrity jeopardy. 

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/norm-macdonald-eddie-murphy-was-to-be-cosby-in-celebri-1686686768

Of all the stars at the show, it seemed pretty clear to everyone that Murphy was the top dog.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #81: February 19, 2015, 06:08:15 PM »
Norm McDonald sent out more than 100 tweets about the SNL40, including tweets about their effort to get Eddie Murphy to do Bill Cosby in celebrity jeopardy. 

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/norm-macdonald-eddie-murphy-was-to-be-cosby-in-celebri-1686686768

Of all the stars at the show, it seemed pretty clear to everyone that Murphy was the top dog.
Belushi was the first top dog; unfortunately he died. 

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #82: February 19, 2015, 06:10:48 PM »
Somebody needs to write Eddie Murphy a great goddamn movie part and return him to the top.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #83: February 23, 2015, 10:20:55 PM »
Better Call Saul is already the best show on TV.
Been watching it after catching up on line.   Great show.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #84: February 23, 2015, 10:39:42 PM »
Marathoned Broadchurch today because we had a snow day. Really terrific.

Online captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #85: February 25, 2015, 10:52:47 AM »
Marathoned Broadchurch today because we had a snow day. Really terrific.

I need to do that with that show. For many reasons including I like David Tennant's acting, its a BBC show meaning it's good Brit TV and whatever other reasons I can come up with.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #86: February 25, 2015, 10:55:31 AM »
I need to do that with that show. For many reasons including I like David Tennant's acting, its a BBC show meaning it's good Brit TV and whatever other reasons I can come up with.
Oh the Brits.  Crooked teeth and lots of mumbling.

Online captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #87: February 25, 2015, 11:02:52 AM »
Came late to this thread. I watched the entire 4 week run of "Galavant". Loved it some funny stuff and some not funny stuff that tried to be funny. 

Been meaning to watch ABC's "Agent Carter" (in place of Mavel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. while it is in hiatus) managed to watch some of the pilot got a little board, plan on marathoning it sometime. If Crumbcrust Off-Demand keeps it long enough.

My regular shows are:
CSI (oops season over)
NCIS and it's sister shows NCIS: LA and NCIS: NO (OK technically NCIS: NOLA but I feel that is too long and not needed)
Forever
The Blacklist
Scorpion
The Big Bang Theory
Doctor Who
Hawaii Five-0
Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

semi-regulars:
Blue Bloods
Family Guy
The Simpsons
2 Broke Girls
Jeopardy
Wheel of Fortune

There are a lot of other fave shows from years gone by that include all the Star Trek shows (yes even Enterprise), Quantum Leap, Warehouse 13, Eureka, Stargate SG-1 and its spin-offs and many others over the last 50 or so years of TV history.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #88: February 25, 2015, 11:04:07 AM »
Came late to this thread. I watched the entire 4 week run of "Galavant". Loved it some funny stuff and some not funny stuff that tried to be funny. 

Been meaning to watch ABC's "Agent Carter" (in place of Mavel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. while it is in hiatus) managed to watch some of the pilot got a little board, plan on marathoning it sometime. If Crumbcrust Off-Demand keeps it long enough.

My regular shows are:
CSI (oops season over)
NCIS and it's sister shows NCIS: LA and NCIS: NO (OK technically NCIS: NOLA but I feel that is too long and not needed)
Forever
The Blacklist
Scorpion
The Big Bang Theory
Doctor Who
Hawaii Five-0

semi-regulars:
Blue Bloods
Family Guy
The Simpsons
2 Broke Girls
Jeopardy
Wheel of Fortune

There are a lot of other fave shows from years gone by that include all the Star Trek shows (yes even Enterprise), Quantum Leap, Warehouse 13, Eureka, Stargate SG-1 and its spin-offs and many others over the last 50 or so years of TV history.

Damn Cap'n, what else do you do?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #89: February 25, 2015, 11:37:09 AM »

My regular shows are:
CSI (oops season over)
Forever
The Blacklist
Scorpion
The Big Bang Theory
Doctor Who
Hawaii Five-0

semi-regulars:
Blue Bloods
Family Guy
The Simpsons
2 Broke Girls
Jeopardy
Wheel of Fortune

I couldn't watch all that and I am retired.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #90: February 25, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
I couldn't watch all that and I am retired.

I mean, hell.   When does he golf?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #91: February 25, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
I mean, hell.   When does he golf?
Golf.  When does he sleep.  Or go to the toilet   

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #92: February 25, 2015, 06:23:14 PM »

My regular shows are:
CSI (oops season over)
Forever
The Blacklist
Scorpion
The Big Bang Theory
Doctor Who
Hawaii Five-0

semi-regulars:
Blue Bloods
Family Guy
The Simpsons
2 Broke Girls
Jeopardy
Wheel of Fortune

If you like British TV, check out Top Gear.  It's a car show but certainly not just for people who are gearheads.

Also, I liked Enterprise too.  It's no DS9 in it's prime, but it's still good Trek.  I'm on my third watch through of Enterprise actually, in season 3.

Offline Optics

« Reply #93: February 25, 2015, 07:07:45 PM »
The series finale of Parks and Rec was fantastic. Brought closure to all the characters and ended on nothing but warm and happy notes.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #94: February 26, 2015, 12:22:58 PM »
First they broke the world land speed record in the Venom GT and then they drove over 195 mph in the HPE700 Supercharged Ford Mustang. Now Hennessey Performance has caught the attention of the guys at Top Gear with his Ford VelociRaptor!

Be sure to tune in (or set your DVR) on March 2nd for a chance to see the Hennessey VelociRaptor in action on Top Gear, airing on BBC America at 7:30pm CST. Check your local cable listings to confirm the time and channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWAavCjVQvM&feature=youtu.be

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #95: February 26, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
The series finale of Parks and Rec was fantastic. Brought closure to all the characters and ended on nothing but warm and happy notes.
Apparently they originally planned to end Jean-Ralphio's segment with a quick shot of a real, unmarked grave in the desert in Tajikistan.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #96: March 02, 2015, 08:18:52 PM »
As the last two days of 31 Days of Oscar, TCM (Turner Classic Movies) will air the Lord of the Rings trilogy tonight at 8 pm ET until almost 6 am. All of these films are shown without commercial interruption, and in letterbox.
 8)
The Oscar Best Picture winner, The Artist (2011 - silent) will be on TCM Tues March 3 at 8 PM ET. It will be followed by a short film, 100 Years At The Movies (1994). At 10 pm ET, the Oscar Best Picture winner, The King's Speech (2010) will air. At 12:30 am  the Oscar Best Picture winner, No Country for Old Men (2007) will air, followed at 2:45 am by The Queen (2006), which won a Best Actress award for Helen Mirren.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #97: March 02, 2015, 09:56:37 PM »
2IPAs is addicted to "House Of Cards" on Netflix.  Does anyone else here watch it ?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #98: March 02, 2015, 10:09:49 PM »
season 3 was not as good as the first 2 but i still really enjoyed it.

Online dracnal

« Reply #99: March 10, 2015, 01:04:59 PM »
Anyone know what happened to QI?  It's disappeared from the lineup without much fanfare.