Author Topic: National League Division Series, Game 2  (Read 96705 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: National League Division Series, Game 2
« Reply #2250: October 06, 2014, 09:40:24 AM »
I was so into the game that it never dawned on me that if the game continued they would have to suspend play at some point.

Offline J0TAS

« Reply #2251: October 06, 2014, 09:47:34 AM »
Too bad I was on the losing side of a historic game. I'm hoping for the best, I actually thought we would be able to take these guys out in four and that we would not be trailing heading into SF instead tied up. All I can say is that tonight will either be a major disappointment, getting swept and then watching the Skins game or having a glimmer of hope left while watching the Skins game.

If we get swept and are out, football season will be a long one this year.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #2252: October 06, 2014, 09:52:49 AM »
Sportsfan was right all along.

What a nightmare of a season.

Offline whytev

« Reply #2253: October 06, 2014, 10:00:16 AM »
I was so into the game that it never dawned on me that if the game continued they would have to suspend play at some point.

I don't think they ever ever would. Not in the playoffs. Not unless it started raining.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #2254: October 06, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
They have to. It was already midnight here in DC another 4 innings or so and it would've been too late to continue.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #2255: October 06, 2014, 11:09:04 AM »
They have to. It was already midnight here in DC another 4 innings or so and it would've been too late to continue.

Do they have to stop by a certain time? Just curious.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #2256: October 06, 2014, 11:28:18 AM »
I'm pretty sure the NL abandoned curfews a while back but you'd have to think they would suspend the game at some point. I know there were world series ties back in the days where it got dark and they couldn't keep playing so they started the game over the next day but I doubt they would do that in today's game. I just don't know how they would handle such a scenario. In 2006 the Nats hosted the phillies and the game ended at 2am so they started an inning as late as 1:45. Also, the phillies and padres once started the second game of a doubleheader at 1:30 am and the game didn't end until after 4:30 back in the 1990's so it can be done.

:shrug:

Offline whytev

« Reply #2257: October 06, 2014, 11:40:41 AM »
I'm pretty sure the NL abandoned curfews a while back but you'd have to think they would suspend the game at some point. I know there were world series ties back in the days where it got dark and they couldn't keep playing so they started the game over the next day but I doubt they would do that in today's game. I just don't know how they would handle such a scenario. In 2006 the Nats hosted the phillies and the game ended at 2am so they started an inning as late as 1:45. Also, the phillies and padres once started the second game of a doubleheader at 1:30 am and the game didn't end until after 4:30 back in the 1990's so it can be done.

:shrug:

Yeah that's why I think they'd never suspend it.

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2258: October 06, 2014, 11:43:12 AM »

Me too.  Plus by a certain point the pitchers would be used up so you'd have a backup shortstop out there giving up a run pretty quickly, isn't that usually how super long games end?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #2259: October 06, 2014, 11:46:21 AM »

It definitely impacts the quality of the game especially for a postseason game. Although for the Nationals that's probably an advantage. crap, even movie theaters stop running movies at some point.

Offline whytev

« Reply #2260: October 06, 2014, 11:54:28 AM »
Me too.  Plus by a certain point the pitchers would be used up so you'd have a backup shortstop out there giving up a run pretty quickly, isn't that usually how super long games end?

Tanner is good for 5-6 innings. It wasn't over for lack of arms on our end.