Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1  (Read 30453 times)

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
Re: Mets @ Nationals Game 1
« Reply #325: September 23, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »
Yep, and it's irrelevant to this franchise.

Might be irrelevant to you. It sure as is relevant to us. As far as Twins fans go, their first pennant was in 1965 and their first world championship was in 1987.

That franchise doesn't fly a flag celebrating the championship the actually won in 1924. We do over the right field scoreboard, along with the pennant winning years of 1925 and 1933 when we lost the World Series.

I have no problem with Expos fans discussing the history of their franchise here. I do have a problem with them--or anybody else--saying that the baseball history that took here doesn't count. This isn't going to happen, but if the Canadiens were ever to uproot and go to another city, and then get replaced by a new franchise, I think most Habs would consider the new team a continuation of the old one, regardless of whether it bore the old name or logo.

This is where I and many Washington baseball fans stand. We don't have to agree, but if you are going to complain every time somebody invokes the old Senators---particularly the 1924 Nats---we aren't going to get along very well.