Author Topic: Is anyone still left over on the MLB board?  (Read 1720 times)

latrey

Is anyone still left over on the MLB board?
« Topic Start: July 31, 2005, 09:45:53 PM »
I've been on vacation for a few weeks and did not expect the Nats to be in first when I got back. Well...I have to say that I am not pleased to be right in that prediction. However, every troll on the MLB board is having a field day. It's nice to see some sane baseball discussion happening in here. Has anyone else noticed that the Nats were actually playing better ball when they had to make due with AAA players and backups? We were chomping to have Vidro back in the line up, but I feel the NJ and Church are who we really missed. -Latrey

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1: July 31, 2005, 10:12:34 PM »
You're not alone in your questioning of Vidro's importance.  I think you'll find most of the posters here value Nick Johnson far more than Jose Vidro.

Oh and welcome to the boards :)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #2: July 31, 2005, 10:18:03 PM »
Yeah latrey...the trolls got really out of hand during this past week.  I'm trying to address it by making violation reports.  Seems like it's hit or miss with the so called "moderators" over there.  Sometimes they respond by deleting posts or banning members, sometimes they don't.

I found it hilarious last night...some guy came in on the Braves board last night and really messed up their message threads.  He claimed not to be a Nats Fan, but was pissed at what the Braves trolls had done to the Nats board.  This guy musta been a Yankee troll or something because he was definately an artist.   :lol:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #3: July 31, 2005, 10:39:39 PM »
And what happens the first time that Frank "rests" Vidro? Oh look, the Nats win... Now is it because of Vidro being "rested", Wilkerson or Castilla?

It makes you wonder just how much of that is coincidence...

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #4: July 31, 2005, 10:42:35 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
And what happens the first time that Frank "rests" Vidro? Oh look, the Nats win... Now is it because of Vidro being "rested", Wilkerson or Castilla?

It makes you wonder just how much of that is coincidence...

Well to be fair, the Nats really didn't score any more runs than they ever do, especially if you don't factor Nicky's 9th inning insurance bomb.  Also Vidro was "rested" in yesterday's loss as well.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #5: July 31, 2005, 10:59:50 PM »
True, I am so unenamored by Vidro, I didn't even notice he was rested yesterday as well. If everytime Frank rests two or more regulars, they win, he can rest them all he wants...  I loved Carroll's hustle this afternoon and I also love the great at bats Guzman had...

latrey

« Reply #6: August 01, 2005, 08:20:09 AM »
The Nats certainly are not going to wow anyone with their offense, that's for sure, but I believe that the insurance run going into the ninth gives them a psychological edge. Chief will give up one run in the ninth, but he very rarely gives up two. Nick just put the ?cherry on top? of a win. Without that bomb, Nats could've been looking at another ?L?.

Some of those one run wins we've had this year became one run wins in the ninth after our bullpen decided to make it ?interesting?.  -latrey

muggs

« Reply #7: August 01, 2005, 08:42:44 AM »
finally. nj made all the difference on this team. we started our nosedive when he went down.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #8: August 01, 2005, 09:01:17 AM »
Quote from: "muggs"
finally. nj made all the difference on this team. we started our nosedive when he went down.

I'm not ready to say that Nick was the answer.  He had a great game today, but this is still the first game we won since his return.  1-5 ain't feeding this dog.