Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1  (Read 32630 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1
« Reply #575: September 09, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »
If players aren't throwing other players or their manager under the bus, I try to ignore stuff like this. Reporters ask questions, players answer. There's lots of room in there for odd-sounding responses.

This. Clipp has always been a whiny nag. He complained when his buddy Storen got sent down in 2013 more than Storen did. He complained in 2012 when Storen got injured and they tried others at closer before him. And he complained when he fell apart as the coser down the stretch in 2012 and Storen got the job back.

Just shut the eff up and take the ball when they tell you.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #576: September 09, 2014, 12:56:08 PM »
players have emotions, nothing wrong with that.  I want Clippard pissed off the next time he goes out to pitch.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #577: September 09, 2014, 01:39:23 PM »
players have emotions, nothing wrong with that.  I want Clippard pissed off the next time he goes out to pitch.

Do you want to be in the batters box? jk

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #578: September 09, 2014, 01:42:02 PM »
QFT

He has always been one of my favorite Nats.  It's funny how often people forget that he was injured for most of 2012.  It's amazing how many times I hear Nats fans say, "Yeah he had a great 2012 but just blew the biggest game."  No he didn't.  He had 4 saves in 2012 (not including postseason).  4.  He played less than half the season and a lot of that was just getting right again.  Watching Drew dominate the way he did in 2011 is starting to make this feel like 2012 all over again.  Only this time with a WAY better Drew Storen than 2012 Drew.  I hope we never see Soriano close another game.  And if we have a 1-run lead in Game 5, there is no Nationals reliever I would trust with the ball in his hands more than Drew.

great endorsement!!!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #579: September 09, 2014, 02:41:16 PM »
When I go to the gym they almost never have the Nats on any of the 15 or so TVs they have.  It's like they can't find MASN. 

I spent most of the game in a sports bar where every single TV was turned to Monday Night Football. Was checking the game compulsively on my smartphone, which finally died in the elevator of my apartment building during the 9th.

I ran home, turned on my TV, and heard Carp shouting. Feared it was a home run, but it was Storen's second strikeout. Got to watch all of the last at-bat.
Ask someone to change the channel on a TV near you to the Nationals game. Don't be shy. Some places need a manager or assistant manager to do it. A lot of people there don't really care what game is on TV.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #580: September 09, 2014, 02:55:56 PM »
Ask someone to change the channel on a TV near you to the Nationals game. Don't be shy. Some places need a manager or assistant manager to do it. A lot of people there don't really care what game is on TV.
(Image removed from quote.)

I asked at the 19th hole on a golf course.    No problem  ....

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #581: September 09, 2014, 02:58:54 PM »
Yeah - bars are for sports.  It amazes me how many bar TVs are tuned into Jeopardy or Touched by an Uncle. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #582: September 09, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »
I asked at the 19th hole on a golf course.    No problem  ....

Yeah they're called $350 seats.  :stir:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #583: September 09, 2014, 03:20:21 PM »

...especially on an evening in which the Redskins aren't involved in the NFL match. I should think it wouldn't be as contentious as, say, trying to get one of the tellies switched to a Caps match during March Madness....

Offline mitlen

« Reply #584: September 09, 2014, 03:21:50 PM »
Yeah they're called $350 seats.  :stir:

Speaking of which, I noticed some folks in the front row last night looking at what appeared to be some sort of monitor in front of them.    Are there monitors located in the front row?    Or, could these folks have been using some sort of personal device.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #585: September 09, 2014, 03:52:36 PM »
Speaking of which, I noticed some folks in the front row last night looking at what appeared to be some sort of monitor in front of them.    Are there monitors located in the front row?    Or, could these folks have been using some sort of personal device.

Staying in character?  :lol:

I have actually asked the same thing but some shots on MASN suggest that there aren't any monitors there. Perhaps they are posting on this forum from their phones.  :stir:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #586: September 09, 2014, 04:17:57 PM »
Staying in character?  :lol:

I have actually asked the same thing but some shots on MASN suggest that there aren't any monitors there. Perhaps they are posting on this forum from their phones.  :stir:

That would require two things from me that I don't have and/or don't do.    1) I don't have a cell phone that has internet connection and 2) the phone I do have isn't turned on during a game.     In fact, I may have it on for 5 minutes a day.    I tell folks, "I don't wanna talk to you when I'm at home.   What makes you think I want to talk to you when I'm out and about ?"     :)

Offline stealyerbase

• YUMMY! Good for you too!
« Reply #587: September 09, 2014, 04:19:52 PM »
In the front row next to the Nats dugout are three or four TV monitors mounted on the wall. Those are the Lerner family's seats. With ownership comes perks, and great responsibilities!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #588: September 09, 2014, 04:20:56 PM »
In the front row next to the Nats dugout are three or four TV monitors mounted on the wall. Those are the Lerner family's seats. With ownership comes perks, and great responsibilities!

That's where the folks I saw were seated.    Thanks for the info.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #589: September 09, 2014, 04:26:36 PM »
Does your carrier work over water?

That would require two things from me that I don't have and/or don't do.    1) I don't have a cell phone that has internet connection and 2) the phone I do have isn't turned on during a game.     In fact, I may have it on for 5 minutes a day.    I tell folks, "I don't wanna talk to you when I'm at home.   What makes you think I want to talk to you when I'm out and about ?"     :)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #590: September 09, 2014, 04:28:14 PM »
Does your carrier work over water?

That's modern technology there Ali.    :)