Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1  (Read 15281 times)

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
Re: Nationals vs. Braves, Game 1
« Reply #25: June 19, 2014, 04:17:09 PM »
Not really. The 1.5 game lead is pretty crucial. We could lose every game to the Braves this season and as long as we keep playing like we do against everyone else, thhe division is ours.

My thoughts exactly. 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #26: June 19, 2014, 04:21:24 PM »
Whatever TF and Slate, yes in the great scheme of the season these 4 games aren't going to break us, but I want us to get over the mental hump of the Braves! I want our guys to knock them off their smug "we're in their heads" perch, I want our guys to not look or act or seem in any way intimidated by this team! That's why I'm so looking forward to this series, :pray: they come through, that Cardinals series was such a bummer :( I want the opposite of that series for the next 4 games!

Online dracnal

« Reply #27: June 19, 2014, 04:27:13 PM »
Got 2 FREE tix to give away for game tonight in sec315.  Doesn't look like we'll be able to make it and I'd hate to waste 'em.  PM me asap and i'll email them to you.

There's no way I can make it in time from Leesburg to catch it, but that's an awesome offer of you to make to the board.  I hope someone gets to enjoy it and lifts a few malty beverages in your honor.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #28: June 19, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »
Whatever TF and Slate, yes in the great scheme of the season these 4 games aren't going to break us, but I want us to get over the mental hump of the Braves! I want our guys to knock them off their smug "we're in their heads" perch, I want our guys to not look or act or seem in any way intimidated by this team! That's why I'm so looking forward to this series, :pray: they come through, that Cardinals series was such a bummer :( I want the opposite of that series for the next 4 games!

Preach on sista Skippy!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #29: June 19, 2014, 04:36:46 PM »
Any word on the umpiring crew?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #30: June 19, 2014, 04:43:09 PM »
It's the game of the day on XM.  Nationals broadcasters on MLB Network Radio (XM 89).

MLB Network has it on TV. Be warned John Smotlz is the analyst.

Offline stealyerbase

• YUMMY! Good for you too!
« Reply #31: June 19, 2014, 04:45:22 PM »
Yup, gotta play with them this series. I think the Nats are the better club on paper, now they gotta show it on the field. I'll be glued to the TV tonight, frosty barley pops at the ready and maybe a bottle close at hand for the FP drinking game.  :glug:  Let's Go Nats!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #32: June 19, 2014, 04:54:43 PM »
It was one of your consorting with the enemy Instagrams that confused me. ;)
Is this new consorting or old consorting?

See Clip here:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-L_8bb2m2JhbJmm/babe_1995_the_punishment/

"What's consort?"

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #33: June 19, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »

The Braves really shouldn't bother Nats fans. They need to do something to improve. If they can't win the division, they're  not making the playoffs.  The Cards/Brewers will play the Dodgers/Giants and we can beat whoever comes out of that except for the Crads.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #34: June 19, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »
What's the weather look like for tonight?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #35: June 19, 2014, 05:39:18 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

See Clip here:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-L_8bb2m2JhbJmm/babe_1995_the_punishment/

(Image removed from quote.)
"What's consort?"

Cope's consortees are usually far more attractive than that. Same amount of clothing, but more attractive

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #36: June 19, 2014, 05:39:31 PM »

Go outside, look up  :shrug:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #37: June 19, 2014, 05:39:52 PM »

On and off rain  ...   looked like serious stuff was comin'.    It may have broken up.   It's rainin' in Eastern Loudoun now  ...   sprinkles mostly.     Can certainly play in it.   

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #38: June 19, 2014, 05:50:10 PM »
On and off rain  ...   looked like serious stuff was comin'.    It may have broken up.   It's rainin' in Eastern Loudoun now  ...   sprinkles mostly.     Can certainly play in it.   

Big storms by the Bay and near Warrenton, all moving SE. It looks okay as of now for the game.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #39: June 19, 2014, 05:54:52 PM »
News4 showing the line is south of Winchester  ...  moving SE.     Lots of lightning near Warrenton/Manassas.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #40: June 19, 2014, 06:04:20 PM »
I bet we get a visit from braves fans tonight. Hopefully their patron saint (JCA-CrystalCity) won't favor them too much over Nats fans.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #41: June 19, 2014, 06:05:30 PM »
I bet we get a visit from braves fans tonight. Hopefully their patron saint (JCA-CrystalCity) won't favor them too much over Nats fans.

Mainly osoblanco or whatever is left, right?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #42: June 19, 2014, 06:07:01 PM »
Mainly osoblanco or whatever is left, right?

Polar bear isn't that bad. He usually behaves but I wouldn't be surprised if some have signed up and are ready in case the braves own us like they usually do.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #43: June 19, 2014, 06:08:26 PM »
If they were to come back wouldn't it have been when they took 2 or 3 in DC and then swept us/them/DC/Nats/etc in Atl?

Offline Optics

« Reply #44: June 19, 2014, 06:25:53 PM »
Not really. The 1.5 game lead is pretty crucial. We could lose every game to the Braves this season and as long as we keep playing like we do against everyone else, thhe division is ours.

On the flip, if we can finally start beating them, we could really run away with this thing.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #45: June 19, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
On the flip, if we can finally start beating them, we could really run away with this thing.

Too early to run away with anything, but I do like your line of thinking. :lol:

Offline madj55

« Reply #46: June 19, 2014, 06:34:30 PM »
Let's freak em up.

Offline ElOsoBlanco

« Reply #47: June 19, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »
If any Braves fans show up to gloat, I'll laugh at them with you. This team has bragging rights over pretty much nobody this season. It's pretty damn ugly right now.

Hope it's a good series and nobody gets hurt. God please don't let anybody get hurt. I think we've all had about enough of that.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #48: June 19, 2014, 06:47:36 PM »
That's where you're wrong white eyes.  The braves have laughing rights over the Nats until the Nats figure out how to beat them.

Offline ElOsoBlanco

« Reply #49: June 19, 2014, 06:52:54 PM »
That's where you're wrong white eyes.  The braves have laughing rights over the Nats until the Nats figure out how to beat them.

Maybe. But despite that, you're still in first. I mean it sucked when we were beat by the Nationals a lot back when they were bad, but overall we had the last laugh by winning the division or making the playoffs. We could beat you the rest of this season, but if you win the division, you still got us. I do understand where you're coming from though.