Author Topic: Rolling Thunder  (Read 43250 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Rolling Thunder
« Reply #575: May 24, 2019, 03:28:43 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I'll plan to stay with family in Fairfax on Sunday night, so not like I have to hele home...

Be careful.    The fools are in full force.    Headin' over to the hotel this morning to help set up tents for Rolling Thunder.    Hadn't ridden since I got the bike inspected last month.    Ridin' along, mindin' my business, payin' attention and I see a car full stop at the next intersection.    Turn signal on and he's waitin' to make a left.   I got to within 10 yards and he cut in front of me.    I had t-bone in my eyes.    Rear locked and I started slidin'.   Had enough sense to release the rear brake before I high sided.    Got control and the guy looks at me (as he continues on) with the fear of God in his eyes and his hands in the "sorry" gesture.    Didn't even stop.    Old riding buddy's son happened to be behind me.     He stopped to check me out.    The other driver should be thankful I didn't get the bike turned around quick enough to locate him in an industrial park.