Author Topic: Rolling Thunder  (Read 43254 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Rolling Thunder
« Reply #50: May 23, 2015, 05:44:06 PM »
Mitlen - if you haven't been to the Crystal City Sports Pub and you make it as far in as the Pentagon, an awful lot of RT vets end up there.  23d st South, just off Rt 1.  Take a right before the exxon station,  go through a quick light at Eads, then the Pub is up about half a block.  Lots of bikes on 23d.  Whatever you do, be sure to go past Eads and 23d to the Pub.  Don't stop  at the Crystal City Restaurant, which is next to the 7-11 on the short block between Rt 1 and Eads.  I don't think any RT people will be at CCR.  If you go to CCSP, then I hope the bartenders and waitresses in tank tops for RT will not distract the conversation too  much.

Wasn't there a Tippy's Taco around there someplace?    I might check it out.    Neighbor and I are going to the Pentagon Marina parking lot at Lady Bird.       They start selling beer at the diner around 10.    :)    We walk over to the N. Parking lot and watch 'em ride out.    I used to ride every year in the parade/demonstration/protest.   It wore me out.    I get nervous riding around folks I don't know.    Plus, eagles don't flock.    :)