Author Topic: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 3  (Read 6448 times)

Offline imref

• Redemption - Uh..Hurt Neck
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 3
« Reply #300: May 15, 2014, 08:51:12 AM »
explaining the 9th inning challenge - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2014/05/14/explaining-the-nationals-ninth-inning-challenge/?clsrd

unusual that a manager successfully challenges a hit by his own team and gets it changed to an out.  now bench lobaton for not running to 1st?

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #301: May 15, 2014, 09:29:59 AM »
Much needed win. Now time to concentrate on those NYers

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #302: May 15, 2014, 09:35:06 AM »
explaining the 9th inning challenge - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2014/05/14/explaining-the-nationals-ninth-inning-challenge/?clsrd

unusual that a manager successfully challenges a hit by his own team and gets it changed to an out.  now bench lobaton for not running to 1st?
To be fair to Lobaton they didn;t seem to signal anything and that also is why Moore also returned to first base.  Plus it was so obviously a catch its hard to see how they missed it. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #303: May 15, 2014, 11:55:48 AM »
To be fair to Lobaton they didn;t seem to signal anything and that also is why Moore also returned to first base.  Plus it was so obviously a catch its hard to see how they missed it. 

to be fair to Harper- it's the same damn thing - not running out a play that you think is an out

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #304: May 15, 2014, 12:36:39 PM »
Was an out signal given? If I'm Lobaton and I see the ump hold up his hand, I stop running, because Moore is coming back to the base.

It is different in this aspect - there was no one that could be trying to get back to first when Harper hit that ball.

to be fair to Harper- it's the same damn thing - not running out a play that you think is an out

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #305: May 15, 2014, 12:38:43 PM »
Was an out signal given? If I'm Lobaton and I see the ump hold up his hand, I stop running, because Moore is coming back to the base.

It is different in this aspect - there was no one that could be trying to get back to first when Harper hit that ball.
Exactly, not comparable plays.