Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 3  (Read 13794 times)

Offline Dave301

Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 3
« Reply #350: April 13, 2014, 05:18:37 PM »
Misery loves company: Orioles drilled by Blue Jays, 11-3 at Preparation H Park at Camden Yards.
That makes me feel a little better. Thanks! :)

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #351: April 13, 2014, 05:24:04 PM »
Maybe my hatred of the birds isn't as intense as you guys but nothing baseball related makes me feel any better about the official beat down the braves provided the Nats. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #352: April 13, 2014, 05:27:33 PM »
Maybe my hatred of the birds isn't as intense as you guys but nothing baseball related makes me feel any better about the official beat down the braves provided the Nats. 

For me, it's more ownership than the Oreos team.    But they're joined at the hip I guess.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #353: April 13, 2014, 06:32:42 PM »
My undefeated streak in Gameday Threads is over.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #354: April 13, 2014, 07:39:35 PM »

Are you from here?

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #355: April 13, 2014, 08:16:15 PM »
Are you from here?

No sir, born and raised in MI living in PA near the Senators. 

Still no other teams loss eases the burden of being absolutely killed by the braves.  No beat down of the birds eases the absolute torture of the Nats.  Saying it does is just self-serving and fake. 

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #356: April 13, 2014, 08:42:13 PM »
I don't see how you're qualified to tell other people what emotions they get out of sports and which emotions are fake.

LOL @ "torture" btw. It's April and we're a game out. It's not like the Braves are going to keep up this head to head streak forever.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #357: April 13, 2014, 08:46:43 PM »
I was sleep deprived this week because of those losses. Does that qualify as torture? Or is that more like enhanced interrogation? :)

I don't see how you're qualified to tell other people what emotions they get out of sports and which emotions are fake.

LOL @ "torture" btw. It's April and we're a game out. It's not like the Braves are going to keep up this head to head streak forever.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #358: April 13, 2014, 08:49:18 PM »
<--- Has baby, doesn't want to hear about sleep deprivation ;)

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #359: April 13, 2014, 08:50:22 PM »
Been there, done that. I don't envy you.  :)

Offline Manly

• UK, ok!
    • UKMLB
« Reply #360: April 13, 2014, 09:08:10 PM »

Be there soon. Embracing every 8-hour night I get.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #361: April 13, 2014, 10:09:37 PM »

Yea I guess if fans take solace in what's happening to Baltimore to ease the pain of getting swept by the braves I am out of touch. 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #362: April 13, 2014, 10:36:55 PM »

Great decision!
Gonna plug my phone in and nap. This is the worst.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #363: April 14, 2014, 11:07:14 AM »
That makes me feel a little better. Thanks! :)

Wow love your avatar.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #364: April 14, 2014, 11:12:06 AM »
Yea I guess if fans take solace in what's happening to Baltimore to ease the pain of getting swept by the braves I am out of touch. 

Imagine the Tigers moved to Kansas City and took all the Tigers' records, etc. with them ..  and changed the name of the team.   Another franchise came to Detroit and left 10 years later.       And then over the next 33 years, in one form or another, the Indians kept a new team out of Detroit claiming that Detroit wasn't a baseball town and Detroit was part of the Inidans territory anyway.    Any misery in Baltimore is a cause for celebration in DC.     :)

PS   And hell, I was a Pirates fan through most of those times.    I can imagine how the natives feel.   

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #365: April 14, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »
Imagine the Tigers moved to Kansas City and took all the Tigers' records, etc. with them ..  and changed the name of the team.   Another franchise came to Detroit and left 10 years later.       And then over the next 33 years, in one form or another, the Indians kept a new team out of Detroit claiming that Detroit wasn't a baseball town and Detroit was part of the Inidans territory anyway.    Any misery in Baltimore is a cause for celebration in DC.     :)

PS   And hell, I was a Pirates fan through most of those times.    I can imagine how the natives feel.

At least the Bucs beat the Blo's in two world series in that time frame!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #366: April 14, 2014, 11:57:37 AM »

Good times indeed.   :)

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #367: April 14, 2014, 12:23:47 PM »
I live in Maryland, but if the Pirates played the Os in the WS, I'd root for the Bucs.

And I don't really hate the Os.

Offline Dave301

« Reply #368: April 14, 2014, 12:35:43 PM »
...and most of the Tigers' crucial TV revenue is taken away and given to the Indians. Good explanation. I guess you have to be here to fully understand the situation between the two franchises.

Offline stealyerbase

• YUMMY! Good for you too!
« Reply #369: April 14, 2014, 04:56:37 PM »

When the expansion Senators took the short bus to Texas I was 10 and a growing baseball fan. That theft ended my love of baseball for many years. I started to get back into baseball when I started to drink beer! Coincidence or cause and effect? Well anyway cold beers in the stands at Memorial in Honsville was fun and Cal came up and then the O's won the WS. It still wasn't MY team and I still remembered the beat downs the birds would routinely lay on the Senators but it was MLB fairly close to home.
When DevilOs began to tank the product on the field and removed the "Baltimore" from the franchise name in order to keep MLB out of DC it ended my affection for the O's. Firing Jon Miller, the best voice in baseball, and losing DJ after two trips to the ALCS was the topper. Now I will never give another dollar of my money to DevilOs. Not at any level, not my hometown Frederick Keys, not the Baysox, not at Camden. If a Nats franchise is visiting I might go but somebody else is buying the tix, brews, and hot dogs.

F angelos! :whip: