Author Topic: Beer, Beer, and More Beer  (Read 74279 times)

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
Re: Beer, Beer, and More Beer (2008-2013)
« Topic Start: January 11, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »
I liked this year's BC Stout over last year's version.  Was a little bit smoother, but still had the "boozyness" to it that I like.  There have been a few bourbon stouts I've had that taste way too much like straight alcohol and not as smooth as a good bourbon.  Yeti is good, but I don't think it compares to BC Stout.

Also, I've learned to throw out the ABV numbers.  When I first got into craft, I always figured higher was better.  I've had a ton of craft from the lightest of lights in the 4.0 ABV range up to the Sam Adams Utopias and imported Barley Wines (28-60 ABV) and I can honestly say that my favorites range from 6-12, but most fall into the 7-9 category.

I just took another trip up to Vermont to get more Heady Topper, but I couldn't find any the weekend of Thanksgiving.  It really sucks that they don't have a retail outlet anymore, and hopefully on my next trip up there, the new retail operation will be open.  Still, the Prohibition Pig in downtown Waterbury, VT is a damn good bar.

If you ever find yourself with too much HT let me know!